Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I would love to get that silver star but for this game, DP must not play. With our current form and the Chiellini news, we need DP more than ever. He cannot be risked getting injured or fatigued for something as unimportant as this. DP and Chiellini are our 2 most important players.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
I would love to get that silver star but for this game, DP must not play.
If DP won't play then we will lose, simply as.

Though I want him to be really fit for the Chelsea leg, and those Napolitans are real butchers.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Napoli suck away from the San Paolo. I would take this opportunity to rest the man. Coppa is not that important.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
With all these injuries, some bench-warmers have become starters (i.e. Marchionni, Manninger, Mellberg, Marchisio).

I'd like to see this lineup 4-4-2 (If we're taking this seriously, so bench/regulars mix) -

Manninger
Grygera
Ariaudo
Mellberg
De Ceglie
Marchionni
Marchisio
Poulsen
Giovinco
Iaquinta
TrezeGOL

Other names worth fielding/testing - Iago, Rossi, Esposito...

·
Registered
560 Posts
With all these injuries, some bench-warmers have become starters (i.e. Marchionni, Manninger, Mellberg, Marchisio).

I'd like to see this lineup 4-4-2 (If we're taking this seriously, so bench/regulars mix) -

Manninger
Grygera
Ariaudo
Mellberg
De Ceglie
Marchionni
Marchisio
Poulsen
Giovinco
Iaquinta
TrezeGOL

Other names worth fielding/testing - Iago, Rossi, Esposito...
Marchisio is injured so he wont make the trip.

Buffon has the flu again, I thought the flu was a once in a year thing, once you get it your good for the year. Could they be covering up for something?

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
I thought the flu was a once in a year thing, once you get it your good for the year.
Differs from the immune system of a human to another, you can never get it and for example Buffon can get it 4-5 times.

·
Registered
34,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All i know is that i would also have flu every week when this would be waiting at home:

:shades:

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
Camo returns, Buffon ill again
Tuesday 3 February, 2009
Mauro Camoranesi is back for Juventus’ Coppa Italia clash with Napoli, but Gianluigi Buffon and Claudio Marchisio are out.

Camoranesi has been struggling with injury throughout the campaign and was recently sidelined with a calf problem.

This will be his first appearance of 2009, although he is expected to start from the bench in Wednesday night’s game.

Buffon had made his comeback last week, but is already ruled out again by the resurgence of a flu virus that swept through the Bianconeri squad.

Tiago Mendes is called up, but is also suffering from that virus. This means Alex Manninger will start between the sticks, while midfielder Marchisio is rested as a precautionary measure after straining a muscle during the 3-2 home defeat to Cagliari on Saturday.

“It is a strange season when it comes to injuries,” mused Coach Claudio Ranieri. “Camoranesi is training and we’ll see if he plays.

“[Christian] Poulsen has to be fit, as we have no other alternatives with Marchisio missing. I see [David] Trezeguet increasingly confident, but right now [Vincenzo] Iaquinta is at a more advanced stage.”

Juventus squad: 4 Mellberg, 8 Amauri, 9 Iaquinta, 10 Del Piero, 11 Nedved, 12 Chimenti, 13 Manninger, 16 Camoranesi, 17 Trezeguet, 18 Poulsen, 20 Giovinco, 21 Grygera, 22 Sissoko, 28 Molinaro, 29 De Ceglie, 30 Tiago, 32 Marchionni, 33 Legrottaglie, 41 Ariaudo

·
Registered
17,531 Posts
We might see Nedved in the center.

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
Yep, Nedved is on the bench. Poulsen is fit enough to play. If he wasnt, Pavel would have played.

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
I have NO idea. Ale goes to the right too much too to link up with those two bozos, offensively, its better to link up with the left flank duo of De Ceglie and Gio.

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
Yay what do you know, De Ceglie carried out and seems to be in serious agony.

That was a PERFECT and brave tackle by Paolo, but after he got the ball, it was an unfortunate collesion with Gargano, who rammed into DC from the side.

Molinaro comes in. Our streak of injuries continues.

·
Registered
335 Posts
oh man. that challenge DC did must have hurt like hell! i knew it the moment they clashed. definately broke something.

like Grygera, DC doesn't lack any dedication

man down, man down! we got a new wounded soldier

1 - 20 of 38 Posts