Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the QF phase and we face Roma at home:

Roma will have Eden Dzeko suspended which makes the job easier for the defenders, even though Kalinic can be threatening if he is on his day.

Looks like Sarri will play a strong lineup for this one, despite the Napoli match being played few days from now.

Probable formation from Sky (I doubt Cris will start):

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

It's HT and we are 3-0 up! Goals scored by an attacker, a midfielder and a defender.

Great run by Cristiano to score the goal, Capello are you watching?

Bentancur is proving that he deserves a place in the starting lineup, probably replacing Matuidi who does absolutely nothing in the attacking phase.

The team is finally starting to take shape and play the Sarri way, hopefully more fluid champagne football and more goals scored.

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
Bentacur does deserve consideration and should be competing for a starting berth.

But Matuidi is brings a lot defensively, and Bentacur much less so. Therefore i think we can mix and match based on the opponent we're playing against.

Glad to see C.Ron's form improving.

Reactions: AbuGadanzieri

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Juve's first appearance in months will be the Copa semifinal encounter vs. Milan next week!

·
Administrator
52,890 Posts
Finally, felt like forever since last time. We are playing our B team today.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Predicted Lineups:

Juventus training XI (4-3-3): Buffon; Cuadrado, De Ligt, Bonucci, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Bentancur, Matuidi; Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo

Milan’s training XI (4-2-3-1/4-3-2-1): Donnarumma; Conti, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Calabria; Kessie, Bennacer, Bonaventura, Paqueta, Calhanoglu, Rebic

I think there will be problems in the attacking department with Higuain still out, and Dybala still not 100% fit. Also our starting midfield is very poor, compared to the standard in the other positions, we really need to strengthen that in the transfer market. Cristiano and Costa should take advantage of their fullbacks, Conti and Calabria.

Milan will be missing Ibra (both injured and suspended) as well as Theo (suspended). It would be interesting to see how Paqueta performs, as he has been linked with a lot of teams with Milan happy to sell him. He looks to be in good form though scoring a couple of goals in a training match. Bonaventura is also on an expiring contract, while Pioli will also seemingly be replaced.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Official Lineup:

Interesting starting lineup, I think Sarri is going full throttle in this specially that there is no extra time as a tie takes us straight to penalty kicks. Only decent options off the bench would be Cuadrado and Berna.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very underwhelming performance after a 3 month wait, but will still take the positive result and place in the final.

Bentancur was by far the best player, constantly pressing, winning balls and moving the ball gracefully..

Cristiano will need to rediscover his form as he has totally out of sync with Dybala and his final touches were very weak..

De Ligt was another player who stood out for me, very alert and aggressive to any danger..

Berna looked very lively when he came on, and provides a good option when needed, the same cannot be said of the other subs, Khedira and Rabiot whe once replaced Matuidi and Pjanic we completely lost control and balance of the midfield..

Danilo played surprisingly well, specially in attacking phases, but was suspect in a couple of incidents inside the box that could've well resulted in goals conceded..

Cuadrado proved a refreshingly attacking option, but had few minutes to make a difference..

Will need a much better performance to win the trophy in the final against either Napoli or Inter.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ramsey, Pipita and Chiellini are all expected to miss the final, whereas Napoli will have previously injured/unfit players like Manolas, Callejon and Ruiz all back again

·
Administrator
52,890 Posts
FFS can this season be over already so we can fire this boring loser? Cant take more of this pointless aimless incompetent excuse for football.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
We are shit but i cant make any conclusions considering the circumstances. Its not wishful thinking either but i can see us winning CL this year /or be eliminated by Lyon, its 50-50/ when nobody seems to care about football.

·
Administrator
52,890 Posts
Juventus play like shit, no doubt about it.
What was he hired for? Can you tell me? I dont understand it. Zero tituli Sarri tradition continues. He was supposed to make the team play attacking football was it? Because it just leads to negative football that leads to negative results.

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
You can’t play Sarriball if you simultaneously need to build absolutely everything around Cristiano.

·
Registered
46,133 Posts
In Sarri's partial defense I say that the transfers campaigns of Juventus have not convinced me since the summer in which they sold Pogba to United and bought Pjanic and Higuain. They had a solid team before that summer, they have weakened it a bit after another by buying players who have qualities but also deficiencies. All but CR7, who has been poor tonight but will probably return to his standards soon. Juventus rely too much on him anyway, above all if we consider that the coach was hired for something different from relying on CR7 alone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts