Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The semi-finals, finaly things start to get Interesting in the Coppa ...

Wednesday 4 February 2004 thats the date of the big game, which is the first of the two leg playoff between the two giants. Expect an open match as both teams have scored alot and let in alot, with Inter hopefully winning the tie.

Inter should have a fully fit Emre back for this match as he has been resting due to his suspension in the league, another possible come back could see C. Zanetti returing to action as he has been training with the squad for the past two days. With all that said i would love to see Inter pack the midfield with 5 players and let Recoba and Adriano play as the front two.

Line-up (depending on the condition of certian players)

GK------------- Toldo
D--- Cordoba Adani Cannavaro
M-- JZ ----- CZ----- Emre -----Kily
AM--------- Stankovic
F--------Adriano Recoba

i'm not too sure Zac would play this line-up as he might see Kily as a risk on the left, but the way i see it with Stankovic being the extra midfielder (who is a hard worker) i think we should be able to put a more attacking wing back to also compensate for the lack off width due to the change from 343 to 352. If CZ can't play then i would'nt mind seeing JZ in the DM position, with helveg taking his place, since i don't really trust Farinos in such a big match and JZ would definetly form a wall infront of the defence. On the other hand, Farinos did play a good match yesturday and so he might be on a high.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
beat juventus...beat juventus...beat juventus... :fero:

·
Registered
57,659 Posts
Good line-up, Mohaned. But I thought both Adriano and Stankovic are cup tied ?! Aren't they ? I am not familiar with this rule in Italy.

Well, if they are cup tied, then this should be our line-up :

---------------------Toldo----------------------

---Cordoba-------Adani*-----------Canna----

--Helveg---Farinos------Emre-------Zanetti---

--------VDM------------------------Chino------

-------------------Martins**------------------

* He was substituted after a horrible tackle on him by Guigou. If he's not fit for the game, Gamarra should step in for him. Carlos played well in Turin before and he did play well last night.

** He's injured too. So Cruz should start ;) If Oba can't make it for Wednesday.

Now the Question Is. Juve have a huge game on Sunday. A Game which could very well decide their Scudetto destiny. If they lose it and Milan beat Perugia, they can kiss The Scudetto good bye IMO. Will Lippi rest players ? Who would he rest ? IMO if he rests Nedved, Inter will surely get a good result. Nedved is Juve. (CL Final)

Would be great to win twice in Turin in one season !

FORZA INTER !!! :fero:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Can Adriano and Stankovic play in this match??? Because both have played for Parma and Lazio before???

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
BERTINI TO REFEREE JUVENTUS V INTER
Monday, 02 February 2004 13:36:09
MILAN - Wednesday evening's Tim Cup semi-final first leg match between Juventus and Inter will be refereed by Paolo Bertini. The official from Arezzo has taken charge of one Nerazzurri Serie A match this year (Parma v Inter).

Bertini will be assisted by linesmen Stevanato (Inter v Milan and Juventus v Inter) and Griselli (Siena v Inter, Chievo v Inter and Parma v Inter), and by fourth man Brighi.

inter.it

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I think that both players :

Stankovic
Adriano

are eligible to play tomorrow.... (in other words - Coppa Cup)

just read the interviews of Adriano.... from that I think that he's elgible to play

It's confirmed that they can't play in UEFA Cup, but Coppa Cup...may be they can...
anyway, we will know it by tonite, when Zach names the sqaud...

;)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JUVE V INTER: 19 NERAZZURRI CALLED UP
Tuesday, 03 February 2004 19:05:40
APPIANO GENTILE - Nerazzurri head coach Alberto Zaccheroni has called up 19 players for Wednesday evening's Tim Cup semi-final match away to Juventus:

Goalkeepers: Alex Cordaz (71), Francesco Toldo (1)

Defenders: Ivan Cordoba (2), Fabio Cannavaro (17), Carlos Gamarra (24), Devis Nossa (34)

Midfielders: Fabrizio Biava (29), Okan Buruk (22), Francisco Farinos (14), Sabri Lamouchi (8), Giorgos Karagounis (19), Cristian Kily Gonzalez (18), Giovanni Pasquale (26), Dejan Stankovic (11), Javier Zanetti (4)

Strikers: Adriano (10), Isah Eliakwu (33), Obafemi Martins (30), Alvaro Recoba (20)

·
Registered
57,659 Posts
I Forgot that Helveg is suspended. Emm..Then put JZ at RWB and Pasquale on the left. Martins is making a comeback from an injury..So would he start ?

I'd expect Zac to use Kily as a flanked forward again. With Recoba on the right and Adriano as our target-man. Same like the game against Siena on Sunday evening.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
TIM CUP: JUVE V INTER PREVIEW
Tuesday, 03 February 2004 15:13:46
MILAN - (Football Data) - Facts and figures related to Wednesday evening's Tim Cup semi-final first leg between Juventus and Inter:

Nerazzurri looking for 100th goal against Juve
Since the Serie A became a one-division championship in 1929/30, the Nerazzurri have played 172 official matches against the Bianconeri and have scored 199 goals. The first was scored by the legendary Giuseppe Meazza in the 32nd minute of Juventus 1-2 Inter on 2 February 1930.

No Juve draw in cup for two years
Juventus haven't drawn a domestic cup match since 6 February 2002, when they played out a 1-1 stalemate away to AC Milan. Since that date the Bianconeri have collected 6 wins and 4 defeats.

Which keeper for Lippi?
Juve coach Marcello Lippi can choose between goalkeepers Chimenti (likely starter) and Buffon for the semi-final first leg. Inter are the second most prolific side against Chimenti with 20 goals, while Perugia have put 24 past the 33-year-old keeper. Inter have scored more against Buffon than any other team, with 20 goals in matches against the Italy custodian. Chimenti's nightmare is called Alvaro Recoba . Il Chino has put 7 goals past him, more than any other player: 1 in Venezia-Roma (1998/99 Serie A ), 1 in Inter-Lecce (1999/00 Serie A ), 1 in Lecce-Inter (2000/01 Coppa Italia), 2 in Lecce-Inter (2000/01 Serie A ) and 2 in Lecce-Inter (2001/02 Serie A ). With 6 goals, Vieri is the player who has scored most against Buffon: 1 in Parma 1-3 Lazio (1998/99 Serie A ), 1 in Inter 5-1 Parma (1999/00 Serie A ), 1 in Parma 1-1 Inter (1999/00 Serie A ), 1 in Inter 1-1 Parma (2000/01 Serie A ), 1 in Parma 3- 1 Inter (2000/01 Serie A ) and 1 in Inter 1-1 Juventus (2002/03 Serie A ).

Inter unbeaten in four cup matches
Inter are still undefeated in the 2003/04 Coppa Italia, with 2 home victories and 2 away draws. The last time the Nerazzurri went 5 domestic cup matches without defeat was in the 1999/00 tournament when they won 4 and drew 1 before losing 2-1 at home to Cagliari in the semi-final return leg.

Lamouchi v Buffon
Sabri Lamouchi , who has scored 9 goals in official matches since coming to Italy, counts Buffon as his favourite target. The French midfielder has scored 2 goals against the Juventus keeper, one in each match between Parma and the Bianconeri in the 2001/02 season.

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
BERNAZZANI: "NOSSA, STRENGTH AND PERSONALITY"
Tuesday, 03 February 2004 19:32:24
APPIANO GENTILE - Among the nineteen Nerazzurri called up to Alberto Zaccheroni's squad for the Tim Cup match against Juventus is Primavera player Devis Nossa.

The first-team call-up is an early birthday present for the defender, who turns nineteen this coming Saturday. Inter.it asked Daniele Bernazzani for a profile of the latest recruit from the youth sector.

"Nossa is a defender who can play in the middle and on the wing. He possesses great physical strength, he's athletically strong and he's also very good in the air. He's a defender that often scores a few goals thanks to his great sense of timing."

How do you use him in the Primavera?
"Both in the centre of defence and at right-back. He has good personality, and indeed he is vice captain in the absence of Donazzan. He also played for the Primavera last year under Corrado Verdelli."

Besides Nossa, Eliakwu has also been called up for tomorrow's match. How does the Primavera coach feel to see his boys get into the first team?
"I'm very pleased. I think it's the club's objective to have boys that can play in the first team. The biggest satisfaction would be to see them play."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Zac wants Turin repeat Wednesday 4 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter boss Alberto Zaccheroni has asked his troops to collect their second victory of the season at Juventus this evening.

The two teams meet in the first leg of the Coppa Italia semi-final and the Nerazzurri tactician can¡¦t forget the 3-1 League win at the Delle Alpi in December.

"That was the best performance of the season along with the game at Kiev," said the former Udinese man.

"I liked the way we positioned ourselves throughout the night and we were really focused. I want to see that again."

It¡¦s unclear at this stage who will start for either side with both Coaches unlikely to field their first choice XI.

"They¡¦ll make changes as part of their rotation policy," added Zac. "I¡¦ll make changes because I have no choice. I¡¦ll just look to pick a strong side."

Zac has named a 19-man squad but there are some notable absentees. Julio Cruz and Helveg are out with suspension. Vieri is still sidelined with injury.

Squad: Cordaz, Toldo; Cordoba, Cannavaro, Gamarra, Nossa; Biava, Okan, Farinos, Lamouchi, Karagounis, Kily Gonzalez, Pasquale, Stankovic, J Zanetti; Adriano, Eliakwu, Martins, Recoba

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Coppa Italia Preview: Juventus-Inter
Juventus - Inter | Latest News | Match Preview | News Archive

Miccoli ready to prove his worth (AFP)
02/03/2004. BACKGROUND:

The 'Derby of Italy' is never an ordinary game, not even when it is 'just' a Coppa Italia match.

At the 'Stadio Delle Alpi' of Turin, Juventus will be hosting Inter for the first leg of the semi-final of the Coppa Italia match in program on Wednesday night.

Both teams see this cup from different points of view. For the bianconeri this is the least important objective of the season and the fact that Lippi does not field his first team in this trophy is indicative of Juve's interest. The nerazzurri on the other hand, being out of the Champions League and Scudetto chase, see this trophy with some extra importance to save a season which looks unsatisfying yet again.

Juventus arrive to this match following the hard fought win against Chievo while Inter come from a hard fought after-match against Siena, between Materazzi and Cirillo. However with the arrivals of Adriano and Stankovic and the recovery of Vieri, Inter looks more competitive and dangerous than ever before and will be ready to produce the same perofrmance which saw them 3-1 winners 2 months ago in the same ground and against the same team in Serie A.

The bianconeri will obviously want to put that result and especially that performance behind their backs and try to get revenge against a team who has only defeated them once in the past 10 years on their own home soil.

TEAM NEWS:

Juventus - Lippi's only unavailable player will be Birindelli, however the Tuscan coach will still field his second line-up for this game.

Inter - Zaccheroni is still without his injured players Materazzi, Coco, C. Zanetti, Almeyda, Martins and Vieri, even though the latter is on his road to recovery and will be available shortly.

PROBABLE FORMATIONS:

Juventus (4-3-1-2): Buffon; Thuram, Ferrara, Iuliano, Pessotto; Appiah, Tudor, Conte; Maresca; Di Vaio, Miccoli

Inter (3-4-3): Toldo; Cordobam Adanim Cannavaro; Helveg, Lamouchi, Farinos, J. Zanetti; Stankovic, Adriano, Recoba

PLAYERS TO WATCH:

Miccoli (Juventus): With Del Piero's poor form, the pocket-sized forward will try to push his way into the first eleven against Roma with another convincing performance.

Adriano (Inter): Probably the best striker in the world who will be ready to start giving new joys to his fans.
Glenn Debattista

soccerage

·
International
6,724 Posts
Juventus (3-4-1-2): Chimenti – Ferrara, Tudor, Iuliano – Pessotto, Conte, Appiah, Zambrotta – Maresca – Di Vaio, Miccoli

Inter (3-4-3): Toldo – Cordoba, Gamarra, Cannavaro – J.Zanetti, Farinos, Stankovic, Pasquale – Recoba, Adriano, Kily Gonzalez

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
welcome to this forum, ant525... :D

1 - 20 of 61 Posts