Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First game in the semis played at the olimpico. We have an "easy" home game against Livorno so we should be able to play the best players without worrying to much about the sunday game. Hopefully we´ll be able to win with 2 goals since Catania are pretty strong at home. My team

------------Doni
Cicinho-Mexes-Panucci-Tonetto
--------Derossi-Pizarro
-----Taddei-Guily-Vucinic
------------Totti

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
-------------------- curci ------------------
cicinho ----- panucci ----- juan ----- antunes
-------- brighi ------ pizarro (aquilani) ------
--- taddei ------ perrotta ------ mancini ----
------------------- tott i-------------------

easy game i expect to win without conceding

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
This will not be an easy game. Catania are playing well with their new coach Zenga and are playing better defensively as they have moved from a (4-3-3) to a (4-4-2).

My team:

---------------------Doni--------------------

Cicinho------Panucci------Mexes------Antunes

-------------Brighi----------Pizarro-----------

---Esposito---------Perrotta--------Mancini---

---------------------Totti--------------------

I say play Totti to get him to match fitness and give De Rossi, Taddei, Tonetto, and Vucinic a rest going into the final 5 weeks of the season. Juan and Aquilani are not expected to be ready to start the match.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
One thing to remember is that the Serie A game against Livorno is on Saturday, not Sunday, so that might prompt Spalletti to rest some regulars.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Today's reports are that Juan, Aquilani, and Cassetti have already been ruled out 100%.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Juan is made of glass.
Then what is Aquilani made of? The guy has never gone a full season yet and he is 23 years old. Is it possible to get worse as he gets older? Extremely frustrating as we need Alberto for this final run at the title and Coppa Italia.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
There's a great line in Simon Kuper's first book about skilled players and work players, a player like van Basten who depended on his skill and felt simply useless when even 1% unfit, and above all had NO threshold for pain. Even the slightest twinge and he'd declare himself unable to go. Every player is banged up right now, across europe, at every team. I know Aquilani has had some serious problems the last 18 months, muscular if I'm not mistaken, but to be an elite player he simply must learn to play with some discomfort. Especially at this time of year.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Juan, been back from injury for just a week, didn't play against Udinese and he still managed to get himself re-injured?!! WTF?

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Well lets just hope for a nice lead going to the 2nd leg.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Questa li lista completa: Antunes, Bertagnoli, Brighi, Cicinho, Curci, Esposito, Giuly, Juan, Mancini, Mexes, Panucci, Perrotta, Pizarro, Taddei, Tonetto, Totti, Unal, Vucinic, Zotti.

In addition to the injured Aquilani, Cassetti, and Ferrari...Spalletti leaves Doni and De Rossi out of the Catania match. Good move by Il Mister. Daniele needs a rest.

My team:

---------------------Curci--------------------

---Esposito---------Perrotta--------Mancini---

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Per Gazzetta.it today, the team will be:

Cicinho------Panucci------Mexes------Tonetto

----Taddei-----------Giuly----------Vucinic---

Mancini is all but done with us. Spalletti won't even start him to rest Vucinic for this match. It has also been reported that Mancini quickly left Trigoria after practice and bolted without stopping to sign any autographs with the fans (which is a common thing to do after practice at Trigoria). :thmbdown:

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Well cant say Im unhappy with Mancini, I want him to leave. Maybe Esposito can get a chance :pp

By the way, I like the above team :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Per Gazzetta.it today, the team will be:

Cicinho------Panucci------Mexes------Tonetto

----Taddei-----------Giuly----------Vucinic---

Mancini is all but done with us. Spalletti won't even start him to rest Vucinic for this match. It has also been reported that Mancini quickly left Trigoria after practice and bolted without stopping to sign any autographs with the fans (which is a common thing to do after practice at Trigoria). :thmbdown:
Don't think him not stopping for autographs is such a big deal, our beloved Capitano rarely stops to sign autographs...that's a fact.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Don't think him not stopping for autographs is such a big deal, our beloved Capitano rarely stops to sign autographs...that's a fact.
Fact is I have seen tons of pics on MySpace of people that have met Totti outside Trigoria. I personally have met Totti inside Trigoria and the guy took pictures with me and my brother, signed our jersey, and took the time to talk to us for a good 10 mins.

And thats a fact as well.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Channel4 says the following line-up:

---Esposito----------Giuly----------Mancini---

·
Registered
147 Posts
Fact is I have seen tons of pics on MySpace of people that have met Totti outside Trigoria. I personally have met Totti inside Trigoria and the guy took pictures with me and my brother, signed our jersey, and took the time to talk to us for a good 10 mins.

And thats a fact as well.
I have also stopped Totti, spoke to him and got an autograph at Trigoria. What a great experience it was, but all the Roma fans (the ones who are daily at Trigoria ) said I was very lucky because he rarely stops. So don't get so touchy, not that I am bothered, it was only an observation of our players. No offense intended to you or our
players.

On topic, hopefully finally Esposito can get a start. Don't think he has started a match all season.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Confirmed line-up by Il Romanista:

-------------Brighi---------Perrotta-----------

---Esposito----------Giuly----------Mancini---

Vucinic, Taddei, Pizarro, and Tonetto rested along with De Rossi and Doni who were not called. Very good move by Spalletti. If this Roma can't beat Catania at home, then we don't deserve to advance.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.