Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coppa Italia Semi-Final (First Leg): Lazio - Milan

Favalli wants Coppa glory Tuesday 3 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winning the Coppa Italia this term has become a primary objective for Lazio captain Giuseppe Favalli.

The defender made the statement ahead of Thursday¡¦s semi-final first leg against holders Milan.

"We want to win this trophy," said the left-back. "The Coppa Italia, at this particular time, is of real significance.

"The game against Milan will also be special for me as I will be playing against two friends in the shape of Sandro Nesta and Giuseppe Pancaro."

Favalli is keen to lift the Italian Cup as he is preparing himself to leave the side at the end of term after 12 years in Rome.

"It would be great to end it with a victory," he added as his contract expires this summer. "What¡¦s next for me? I¡¦d like to have an experience in England."

The former Cremonese player is now the club¡¦s second most capped player in the League with 287 games after he overtook Giuseppe Wilson at the weekend. Only Aldo Puccinelli is ahead of him on 339.

"I¡¦m honoured to have achieved that tally," he added. "I have many great memories of my time here in which I¡¦ve also won many trophies."

Favalli has lifted the Scudetto, the Italian Cup, the Italian Super Cup, the Cup-Winners¡¦ Cup and the European Super Cup during his Olimpico spell.

channel4

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
They ripped us off first time we went to San Siro this season, now it's time to pay back. It's the Coppa and I want it. :fero:

We usually play a lot better against the big teams than the smaller ones, so I expect a quite exciting match. Won't like to see Nesta and Pancaro in a Milan-shirt. I can never get used to that. :(

FORZA LAZIO !!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
We always seem to be a bit unlucky against Milan and haven't beat them in a really long time although sometimes we play very well against them. I still remember that 4:4 draw in Rome several years ago. Spectacular game indeed. And I kind of hate Milan so a win would be delightful if unlikely.
Probably Milan will play mostly reserves but their reserves aren't bad to say the least and at the moment they have a lot of confidence after playing some very good games. The big question is how many of the starters will use Mancio considering we have to play a vital game against Parma on Sunday. Inzaghi is back and I think he wants to impress the spectators against his brother's team.;) If we can improve our attack and not miss many of our chances we can do it (especiallly if Laursen gifts us a goal or two:D ;) ).

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I hope for a win or draw. I'm a firm believer in tradition and tradition has to break sooner or later and I'm afraid that it will be this time everytime we meet Lazio.
Last time we lost to you guys was I think 6 years ago when Mancini scored a hattrick.
I'll be glad if we score an away goal or two. Lately the team has been working for each other extremely well so I'm pretty sure we'll bag at least one.

FORZA MILAN and good luck to you guys too. Hopefully those ultras that give Lazio fans a bad name will let Nesta and Pancaro play a full game without getting objects thrown on their heads.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Quivering, the game is in Milan. Carson has mistaken the thread title which I edited to clear the confusion.;)
But I share the view that in the other leg would be great if our fans don't jeer and whisltle towards Nesta and Pancaro.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
We have history against us. We haven't defeated Milan at San Siro for 14 years. Now it's time to break the curse.

Probable line-up:

---------------Sereni
---Stam--Couto--Miha--Zauri
Fiore---GG---Albertini----Cesar
---------Corradi----Lopez

Nice mix I think. I really want Zauri to start doing well, but why isn't Dabo playing these days?

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
1:0 for us after a goal in the first minute by Fiore! :star:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
2:0 for us - Couto!:star:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I hate Milan even more now (if that is possible).:mad:
Now I just know they will get lucky and salvage at least a draw in the second half. I'd love to be wrong but...

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
(after 14 years) WE WON!!!!

Woohoooooooooooooooo :star:
And I finally managed to see my Lazio live and full lengt again!!! bye bye homework it was! :happy:

At first we really were on the Milan half most of the time, but it was visible we got pushed back as the game continued.
Thanks Abbiati for that first goal :D
And who knew Couto could be able to do a backflip? :D Luckily Brocchi was still in line with Couto. I liked Muzzi, even defending alot, but perhaps that wasn't the tactical plan of Mancini..ah well.

Milan was lucky with Pippo scoring that offside goal, but then again we were lucky by not having a penalty against us as Giannichedda flicked the ball with his hand.
Sereni was trusting, complete different as when I first watched him, great!! :cool:

And what about Liverani :star: fooling Nesta there on the sideline ;)

Forza Lazio!!!!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
:happy: :happy: Finally!! I've been waiting for this for so long, I almost can't remember. Near the end I kept expecting Milan to score the equalizer, as if it wasn't supposed to happen, but no we manage to hold on to the lead and now I'm just so happy, I love it! Wooohooo, indeed! ;)

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
YES! :happy:

Sereni 7.5, Great game by him!

Stam 7, Flawless! :cool:

Couto 6.5, Good game and he scored aswell! :D

Mihajlovic 6.5, Good game aswell.

Zauri 6.5, too bad he didn't score that last chance of his!

Muzzi 6, tried hard while being played out of position and didn't do that bad either.

Albertini 6, Too many bad passes for my liking, otherwise he would've got a 6.5.

Giannichedda 7, LION!

Fiore 7, great player! Excelled in the center of the field!

Cesaretto 6.5, had some great touches but was kinda on and off during the game.

Corradi 6, fought hard but missed a great chance and didn't do much with the ball..

SUBS:

Liverani 7, That backheel between Nesta's leg was enough! :D

The others had little time and didn't have much of an effect.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
As for the controversial decisions, Couto's goal was GOOD, he was on the same line with Brocchi, Inzaghi was OFFSIDE, no doubt about that while Milan should've had a penalty when Giannichedda handled the ball.

No complaints, DESERVED victory.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
:star: :happy: Immense!!! Finally!! We played great tonight and even if Milan pushed us back in the second half we were always playing well and had good opportunities to extend the lead. This is the Lazio I want to see. Why are we this hot/cold? There's no in between.

It was a team effort today and everyone played well. Stam is a rock, Muzzi, GG and Fiore worked hard today. Even Sereni :eek: had a splendid game. Albertini was unlucky his shot didn't go in, but we were lucky too that the ref missed GG's handball.

I really can't stand Pippo Inzaghi. Not only did he score an offside goal but when he fell to the ground outside the area after getting tangled up in his own legs he still appealed for the penalty! :mad: :finger:

FORZA LAZIO !!

LAZIO NEI NOSTRI CUORI

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I watched only the second half and we missed four good chances, Milan about the same quantity and were not given a clear penalty for Giannichedda's handball but, well that was payback for the Bologna game.;) ;)
Finally we broke the curse against Milan and I am so happy!

Pretty much agree with MoMo's ratings although I would give Albertini 6,5. Liverani was great he really made Nesta and Pancaro look like idiots with that backheel.;) Sereni was so confident and made some very nice saves. I am pretty sure his only problem is his confidence and he seems to be gaining it.:star:

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I Relieved...finally lazio show the great great performance...:D :happy:
but we still have to Focus on the next game...Dont underestimate
the Team like Milan, eventhough their performance tonight not Good enough to beat lazio...Anyway...they still have a chance to qualify to the final, and our next task is lock that Bloody Chance!!:D :cool:

Forza lazio:star:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Was it a great win or was it a great win???

1 - 20 of 82 Posts