Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coppa Italia time, and this time at home against the granata team, after facing their derby rivals last Sunday. We all know that Rossi seems to have a good consideration for this ecompetition, and for the players he fielded in today's training game, the starting line up could be:

Muslera,

De Silvestri, Cribari, Siviglia, Kolarov;

Brocchi, Dabo, Matuzalem;

Del Nero, Zarate, Foggia.

The surprise are Foggia (who seemed injured after Sunday's game), Del Nero (temporarily released from whoever kidnapped him) and above all Matuzalem.

Let's see tomorrow night (20,45 local time) if that will really be the starting line up.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
...it appears though Matuzalem is still out. He has not been called for the match.

What the hell is so wrong with him !///

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first half ended 0-1, Natali scord for Torino after a piece of horrible defending from Lazio, first Siviglia litterally presented Torino with a corner kick and then he and his team mates (especially De Silvestri) had a sound sleep thus allowing Natali to tap in.
Lazio line up:

Muslera

De Silvestri - Siviglia - Cribari - Kolarov

Foggia - Ledesma - Brocchi

Mauri

Rocchi - Zàrate

Poor game so far from Lazio, inaccurate passes and good defending from Torino make their goalkeeper spend a quiet night so far. Ledesma is losing too many balls in midfield, the most active Lazio player seems Foggia so far, Zàrate is always surrounded by at least two opponents but a couple of times showed his class. Rocchi tried on a Torino defender's mistake, but his lob was wide.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pandev replaced Foggia at the beginning of the second half.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
... and Goran equalizes following a pass from Mauri, 1-1.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And Mauri himself makes it 2-1 with a 20 metre shot. Lazio are playing much better now.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rocchi scores the 3-1 goal after getting the ball from Pandev.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How did Kolarov play todoy?
Bad in the first half, like all his team mates. In the second half, when Lazio pushed forwards more and more, he had some fine moves but still suffered in marking Abate.

So, the usual wonder happened again. In the second half Lazio totally changed, the Eagles played with more order and concentration and 10 minutes were enough to turn the result upside down. And after Mauri's goal, Lazio slowened the pace a wee bit, but still hit the post twice, the second from a Dabo's shot from long range. Then, in the injury time, Rocchi sealed the win.
It will be either Juventus or Napoli now, over two legs.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I only watched the 2nd half (lucky me) but Ledesma looked brilliant once again, though I have read he was very poor in the 1st. Kolarov confirmed what we already knew, very good going forward, rather bad when it comes to defending. De Silvestri seemed to be pissed when Rossi took him off, and it's kinda' understandable considering how little he has played. Zarate wasn't passing much today. I think previously the critizism wasn't justified, but today he took the piss.

Overall though, we looked darn good going forward, and struggling in defence. We desperately need a leader back there.

Forza Lazio!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
It seems me deciding to not watch the second half brought us luck. ;) Good to see Mauri still has some magic left in him. Is the semi-final one leg or two, btw?

·
Administrator
52,991 Posts
Was that really....Mauri....with the great assist and great goal? :dazed:

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Was that really....Mauri....with the great assist and great goal? :dazed:

You bet he was.
I guess he is eager and wants to prove to Delio Rossi and the fans that he is still capable of playing some nice football.

He was the best last night according to my opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts