Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we defeat the league leaders (as I type this, anyway :D) three times in a row? Roma have an away goal, but Milan have the win, and we've done quite well against them at the Olimpico recently.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW this game is on Thursday evening.

The schedule is really rough right now. We have the Siena game to make up next week too. It would make more sense if Ancelotti were to sacrifice the Coppa and concentrate on Serie A, but I don't think he'll do that.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Ruffian said:
BTW this game is on Thursday evening.

The schedule is really rough right now. We have the Siena game to make up next week too. It would make more sense if Ancelotti were to sacrifice the Coppa and concentrate on Serie A, but I don't think he'll do that.
Very wise Ruffian, but Coppa Italia for players means also money

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Diavolo said:
We were just lucky:cool:
Yes, exactly! Thats why my 1-1 predictions didnt make it and I lost points! I cannot calculate the luck, you know. Rest, I know it, but luck! :D

Still its good we won. I hope we eliminate them - 1st b/s its always nice not to feed teh opposition with "We beat you" lines on all levels and 2ndly - as much as it is not so important, it is still a trophey, I am proud of we won last year. Especially, happy I was for teh bench guys and ppl like Nando, Abiati, Brochi and Ambro.

Hope we can do it again.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Its going to be the Brocchi show II. :D :howler: Beware Roma.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
bono said:
Yes, exactly! Thats why my 1-1 predictions didnt make it and I lost points! I cannot calculate the luck, you know. Rest, I know it, but luck! :D

Still its good we won. I hope we eliminate them - 1st b/s its always nice not to feed teh opposition with "We beat you" lines on all levels and 2ndly - as much as it is not so important, it is still a trophey, I am proud of we won last year. Especially, happy I was for teh bench guys and ppl like Nando, Abiati, Brochi and Ambro.

Hope we can do it again.
And San Siro last year, 3 days after beating i "gobbi" in Manchaster was breath taking, still, should we lose, it would be no tragedy, but like you "suggest", I hope we win.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
bono said:
Were you there? :proud: i think I wanted to be there even more than in teh "gobbi" Manchester final! Such an atmosphere it was ... :star:
Of course, but can garantee you, even Manchester wasn't that bad :cool:

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Well, almost non-existent by that time, of course. You know, somewhere in March-April, they pretty much disappear! :D Besides, the semis ... Must have been much better to be in Milano then. We didnt feel it so much here, I think. We all knew whats gonna happen! :cool:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
bono said:
Well, almost non-existent by that time, of course. You know, somewhere in March-April, they pretty much disappear! :D Besides, the semis ... Must have been much better to be in Milano then. We didnt feel it so much here, I think. We all knew whats gonna happen! :cool:
I was at the stadium in the first match, couldn't find tickets for the return match, going back at the time Inter fans were sufficiently "sure" of making it to Manchester. I watched the match at a friends house near San Siro, I will NEVER forget the faces of Inter fans on their way home, and remember hundreds of Milan fans "blocking" trams packed with Interisti, I tell you I'm happy, and this is a understatment, it wasn't the other way round. The day-after at work, school etc. I'll leave it to your imagination. Milan Vs Inter is the derby, Juve is a team from Turin. Now I know this may sound "mean", but when we went in Serie B, Inter fans picked on us (rightly so) for years, so till we can, it's payback time.;)

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I want Borriello to play....

I've got the feeling that the kid is ready to explode anytime soon. :devil:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
van said:
I want Borriello to play....

I've got the feeling that the kid is ready to explode anytime soon. :devil:
I hope he does soon, doesnt get many chances to explode though!

Anyway I predicted 1-0 to Roma in the Roma forum as thats what I want, but I feel maybe a 0-0 or 1-1 draw... But I hope 1-0 to Roma :D

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
SoccerAge match preview:
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/s7577.html

I'm not too sure about the predicted defense. We have three Serie A games next week, and they're more important than the Coppa IMHO. I hope Ancelotti saves Nesta for those.

ETA: Here are the call-ups according to the Milan site:

GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Fiori, Taddonio (No. 44)

DEFENDERS: Cafu, Costacurta, Laursen, Legati (No. 47), Nesta, Pancaro, Simic

MIDFIELDERS: Abate, Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pirlo, Redondo, Seedorf, Serginho

FORWARDS: Borriello, Shevchenko, Tomasson

1 - 20 of 69 Posts