Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
paw already has his prediction league thread up, so I guess we might as well open this one too. This is the second of three meetings in three weeks between Roma and Milan. We all know what happened during the first one. :D

Milan can basically field two strong teams; Roma can't. I don't see how Capello can play his first string in this game. The Coppa game is sandwiched between Perugia and Brescia for Roma, and Capello won't risk losing points in Serie A. It'll be interesting, that's for sure.

Nesta should be back. I don't know about Inzaghi. Personally, I'd like to see Redondo. He's impressed me in the five-minute intervals :rolleyes: he's played this year.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
umm i wanna see

abbiatti
XXX Simic Laursen XXX
Ambro Nando Serghino
kaka
boriello pippo

the XXX are youth, preferably abate and a left back (kala if healed),

kaka if he aint tired....

pippo if he is fit, if not jdt (if he is fit)

too many players i dont know if are in match conidtion or not

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
i hear pippo is out for a month

jeez

these ppl go to break and all are injured....eating to many calzone's and all that pasta over winter break is making our boys get fat and fragile

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Where is the match played?

If it's in Rome, then it will be a cakewalk. The other day it was a superb 2-1 victory, and the last match before that was that magnificent 4-1 in the Coppa Italia Final.

:tongue:

Notice as soon as Milan showed them what it's all about, the problems come back at Roma. Capello and Cassano had already had another bust up.

:howler:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cassano's not playing -- still suspended as a result of his tantrum in the Coppa final last year. Is that good or bad for us?

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
nitsujamor said:
yeah, Udinese must feel the same way when playing Milan :rolleyes:
But we are not playing Udinese in the Coppa.:D

paw;)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Ruffian said:
Milan can basically field two strong teams; Roma can't.
good point. but i think lotti will have some thinking to do too as we have a growing injury list. who wil partner boriello? sheva or kaka? i think both need some rest, especially sheva. will nesta be ready?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Ruffian said:
Cassano's not playing -- still suspended as a result of his tantrum in the Coppa final last year. Is that good or bad for us?
good, i believe. montella isn't match fit yet and would need some time to return to his level. carew? need i to say more:tongue:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
You under-estimate Roma's back up team

Carew and Delvecchio is just as good as back up partnership of Tomasson and Boriello!!

D'Agostino is an U21 international, De Rossi also U21 International, Tommasi occasionally Italian international, and been playing Ok this season. Candela we may play to get his fitness back and Samuel will probably be in defence alongside Dellas and Zebina!!!

Milan will be faves but we will win :fero:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
acmilan.com claims Roma will be without the following players: Totti (supposedly a backache, but actually afraid of us :D), Cassano (suspended), Panucci, Chivu (injured), Emerson (injured) and Montella.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, Totti has been very quiet this time. Probably still drooling over his AIC trophy and wishing it was the Ballon d'or. :D

Official call-ups:
GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Fiori
DEFENDERS: Cafu, Clayton, Costacurta, Laursen, Nesta, Maldini, Pancaro, Simic
MIDFIELDERS: Abate, Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Kaká, Pirlo, Redondo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho
FORWARDS: Borriello, Piccolo, Shevchenko, Tomasson

The good news is Nesta is back! :happy: The bad news is it looks like Laursen will be his partner. Laursen is being quoted on acmilan.com, which usually means he'll be playing. :sob: Let's hope Nesta is in great form in spite of being out for a month.

The Gazzetta is saying that Dida will be in goal, Shevchenko and Rui Costa certainly won't play, and Pirlo, Gattuso and Kaká probably won't either.

Who's Clayton?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
1-0 Milan, JDT

I heard it was a faulty goal, Borriello was involved in the play somehow. That probably means he was offside but JDT got the ball.
Redondo looking good again it seems. I want to see him in some Serie A games. Pirlo has played quite alot. He did that last season too with Kaladze and Simic. We shouldn't strain his body.

·
Registered
59,016 Posts
Just watched a chunk of the first half and it's pretty even imo. Dida had to make one point blank save from D'Agistino ( I think) and on the other side a young striker of yours, who I've never heard off missed a sitter. But Tomasson made the difference just before half time with a typical Tomasson goal. Running into space behind the back-line and scoring. Not a bad game so far imo.

Surprised to see some stars playing in a Copa Italia game btw since I thought it was seen as some muppet trophy! Seedorf, Nesta, Samuel, Ambrosini and Dida are all playing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts