Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second match of the Lazio mini tour in Lombardy and mid week game before the home game against the black and blue side of Milano.
Will Rossi field the usual(?) starters? Or will he give a chance to Muslera, De Silvestri and the other players who, week end in and week end off lay their asses on the bench or the stands seats? Or will we see a miracled Matuzalem finally getting up and playing?
The game, for the couple of people not knowing that, is on Wednesday night.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
I want to see Diakite, Meghni, Simone Inzaghi, De Silvestri start.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
It is Milan. They can field 11 random homeless people and we will still lose.
Yeah, I know that.

Let them play a bit and try to have fun.

And let us switch to 4-4-2 for a change:

Carrizo:

De Silvestri - Diakite - Cribari - Radu

Brocchi - Dabo - Meghni - Mauri

Zarate - Inzaghi

I think this would be an interesting formation to watch.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
This is the Coppa, though, we have beaten Milan soundly in the Coppa and it happened this century, believe it or not. ;) Not that I care one bit about this particular match. Considering we have a game with Inter, I would recommend fighting fire with fire - i.e. our reserves against Milan's reserves.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to Epolis, these should be the teams' line ups tonight.
Apart from Muslera, De Silvestri and Diakité, the others are really starting 11 stuff, so I guess Rossi is taking this Coppa Italia game seriously.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
20 minutes and still 0-0...Shevchenko was through alone a minute a go when my stream jammed. Never been less surprised to see a goal kick. :)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
We are not playing badly, all things considered, but Lichtsteiner's injury is very bad news. Thankfully De Silvestri seems to be finding some shape, although his positioning in defence remains very suspect. BTW, once Meghni entered we managed to, shock and horror, have a nice short passes plus a bit dribbling combination between him Pandev which almost gave us a goal in the very last second in the half. As I have been going on and on and on for years, we need a creative midfielder who is not afraid to come close to the penalty box and can keep the ball there (the latter disqualifies Mauri). Pandev and Rocchi can't do everything by themselves.
Foggia looks nervous, Diakite is OK, it's actually rather weird to see us with a fast CB. Milan don't seem too interested ni this game, so if we don't choke as usual in this stadium, we might get a result somehow. But I really doubt it, Shevchenko just has to score against us, even if it takes a triple deflection or something.

is Radu playing?
Nope.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I am watching the game as well and I agree we are playing well. I think the start was great then we let down a bit. Now its more or less an even game. Milan has all their big guns in as well. This makes the game fun to watch and it means something.
Hopefully we can pull it out in the 2nd half.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
You can see it's the Coppa - we never would have scored or even gotten that penalty had it been a Serie A game against Milan. Very cool penalty from Zarate. The game is totally ours to lose and we will probably lose it but we showed some nice football in the second half. Inter are probably happiest because we will get tired for the Saturday game.

Shevchenko just has to score against us, even if it takes a triple deflection or something.
I am good. ;)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Well done boys! At the very least it will be a confidence boost. It would have been tragic to play 120 minutes before a game against the leaders and lose against ten men. Diakite seems promising and Rozenhal was a giant in our defence. De Silvestri showed some neat dribbling skils and was not rusty from warming the bench for so long. We passed the ball much better than in previous games. Now, if only Kolarov would stop shooting every bloody time he passes the 35 metres line with a ball in his feet or Meghni turning around every time he receives the ball... Dabo, I think showed signs of improvement and they were needed as Ledesma was almost purely DM in this game. Pandev also improved, although his finishing was not good, same for Foggia. Zarate just oozes confidence.
Hopefully we won't be too tired for Inter.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When Shevchenko scored, I thought it was all as usual against Milan. Only against us Dida becomes a goalkeeper, only against us Ronaldinho elbows a player and he’s not even shown a yellow card. Only against us Shevchenko could have scored.
But then, the 1988-89 (or was it 1989-1990?) Nemesis realized that’s Coppa Italia, not Serie A, and the equalizer materialized in the form of a Zàrate penalty and Lazio picked the fruit of most chances through Pandev’s goal after Superm… ehm… Dida saved.
Good performances from all the team, Muslera made a good save on Shevchenko in the first half, De Silvestri is coming back, Diakité played well, Rozehnal was great and made up for Sunday’s mistake, Kolarov is better than Radu (at the moment), Lichtsteiner played à la Nedved of the good old times (the role, I mean) and his injury caused by butcher Senderos is one of the few bad notes of this game. Pasqualinho and Maurito always cause troubles to opponents, Meghni sometimes lose the ball stupidly, Ledesma and Dabo good, Pandev is returning to good form. Even Mauri had some good play like the penalty move. Rocchi… At the moment, the best trident is Foggia-Pandev-Zàrate.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
very fun game to watch...
Man, I must admit, Lazio certainly have the best bunch of fullbacks in Serie A alongside Inter....Lichs, silvestri radu kolarov...very talented...especially kolarov...man, is there any better shooter in the world currently than him>??...and di silvertre looks amazing...he should start in more games...But Lichtsteiner is better (at least, currently)...but as we saw today, Lichts can be deployed in the midfield to accomodate Di Silvestri

·
Registered
15,730 Posts
Congrats guys. Well played - you deserved it. Good luck in the next round but more importantly good luck this weekend ;).

Oh, and always a pleasure to watch Zarate, even if only for a few mins like yesterday.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I can't believe we beat Milan. In San Siro.

I only saw the first half but Lichtsteiner was brilliant! Even if most of the time he was operating out of the left side. He was so much more involved in the game than duds like Mauri, Brocchi, Dabo, Menghi, Manfredini or who ever else has been playing in our midfield all season. Hope Lichty's injury isn't serious because he is such a great player for us.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Nice display and result.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I can't believe we beat Milan. In San Siro.

I only saw the first half but Lichtsteiner was brilliant! Even if most of the time he was operating out of the left side. He was so much more involved in the game than duds like Mauri, Brocchi, Dabo, Menghi, Manfredini or who ever else has been playing in our midfield all season. Hope Lichty's injury isn't serious because he is such a great player for us.

Funny you should say that because we had a lot more chances after Lichtsteiner limped off. Personally I don't think he was that good, although as we all know we are completely different team in second halves so for all we know we might have been much better had he stayed on. And of course, we played against ten men for much of that period.
It would be great if he recovers for the Inter game because it probably will be a very physical one.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
True, he isn't the kind of players that creates a lot of chances or score goals but from what I saw he won a lot of balls, combined alright and was very much involved in the match. Something that can't be said for neither Brocchi, Mauri nor Manfredini who tends to be ghosts these days.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
That's true but then again, if we play Carrizo as a midfielder, he will probably be more invovled in the game than Mauri too, not to mention he would have a way better ball control. ;) If only we could teach Kolarov not shoot from everywhere every time, he could be a good option for LM. Talking of shots from distance, boy did we love them yesterday, we shot from just about everywhere.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts