Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The news that Brescia defender Vittorio Mero was killed in a car crash arrived at the Tardini 10 minutes before kick off and with the teams already in the pitch for the warm up. The Brescia officials initially decided to not inform the players of Brescia so game will be held, but Roberto Baggio sensed something was very wrong when he noticed shocked club officials from both teams discussing with referee Treossi. He incquired and when they told him the truth he told his teammates. Referee Treossi along with Lega officials and club captains Antonio Benarrivo and Roberto Baggio took the obvius decision to postpone the game.

Mero was driving with his car to attend the game and was killed at the road which links Brescia with Venezia. He did not travel with the team bus because he was suspended since he had 3 yellow cards.

Here is the official press release of AC Parma.

"Il comunicato ufficiale del Parma A.C.:
A causa della tragica scomparsa del giocatore del Brescia Vittorio Mero deceduto in un incidente stradale questo pomeriggio la gara di Tim Cup Parma-Brescia è stata sospesa a data da destinarsi.
Il Parma A.C. si unisce al cordoglio per la famiglia del giocatore e per la società Brescia Calcio."

"Official announcement of AC Parma:
Because of the tragical accident of Brescia's player Vittorio Mero who was killed in a road accident this afternoon the game of Tip Cup Parma-Brescia is postponed to a date yet to be decided.
Ac Parma offers the deepest condolences to the family of the player and the club Brescia Calcio."

R.I.P Vittorio Mero

·
Registered
170 Posts
:( Rest In Peace Vittorio Mero :( I offer my condolences to his wife and his 18 month old baby that he will never see grow up :cry:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I herd what happend to Mero that was the right thing to do,cancel the game I hope the best for his wife and kid this is just a bad tragedy i read it was a hit and run I hope they catch that basterd that is sick to kill somebody and just take off from the scene,I hope the best for his family this is a real tragedy:cry:

:depress: :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts