Xtratime Community banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
Nah, I love penalties both as a player and as a spectator.

I can't recall ever watching Inter win a penalty shootout though, so maybe I shouldn't wish for one.
I recall a couple of relatively recent shootouts we won

Supercoppa 2008 against Roma when JZ won it with his first and only penalty for Inter. Mourinho's first trophy which he then dedicated to Mancini (classy)

Coppa v Napoli in 10-11

·
Registered
17,719 Posts
Someone better tell the Inter social media dude that "smash and grab" isn't something they should be saying publicly.
Was just thinking exactly the same thing

Missing 2 open goals and 4 other sitters and winning by one goal is also not "smash and grab"

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
Apparently that Coppa derby is pretty soon! That's right after juve.

We lost the last one, 1-0 in 17-18 (Cutrone)

·
Registered
24,097 Posts
I wouldn't call it pointless. Wouldn't you be happy if Milan win Coppa?
yes, of course. But our squad is at its limit and we play just Atalanta after meeting you in the cup. We got the problem that we dont have the squad (and with a derby, the will) to rotate much. Copa Italia and Euro League are at this time pointless distractions from our main objective to do well in the league.

With a full strength squad I would not have cared so much.

In the future none will remember that we missed many key players playing Juventus, nor that we might be exhausted (and lacking players) playing Atalanta. Only results will matter.

·
Registered
24,421 Posts
At least 2-3 of their possible starters will have to play the full 120 minutes.

·
Registered
47,018 Posts
They had plenty of reserves. Probably Pirlo didn't want to use CR7 at all but he had to (one more evidence that without him they struggle) and now he is playing in the extra time.

·
Registered
47,018 Posts
Too bad that Genoa have conceded now. I doubt that they can equalize again. Goal scored by some ugly guy called Rafia.

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
Hopefully, rather we don't face Milan a few days after juve

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
Eriksen covered the most distance

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
All that time running on the sidelines during matches instead of playing is paying off😊.

Jokes aside, that's alot of running a quite alot more than 2nd. But he was usually among the players who covered the most distance for spurs as well, so no surprise really.

More surprising that kolasaurus ran the 5th most tbh.

·
Registered
63,336 Posts

On the birthdays of Mourinho, Gasp and my mrs.

Let's see how it goes. We never won anything since I got married so it's worrying.

Azz should do that thread after the win in Florence.

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
Let's see if Conte rotates in the derby on Tuesday. I wouldn't rotate much, may be Darmian for Young or Hakimi and Sanchez for Lautaro. Couple of changes or so.

In case Azz doesn't do a separate thread for the Coppa derby we can continue in this thread.

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
Conte: ‘Inter must be clinical’
Football Italia

Inter coach Antonio Conte says the Nerazzurri ‘must be clinical’ in the upcoming Coppa Italia Derby against Milan.

The Nerazzurri and the Rossoneri meet at the Giuseppe Meazza on Tuesday in the Coppa Italia quarter finals. The winner will face Juventus or Spal in the semis.

“We play to qualify, we respect this competition,” Conte told RAI.

“We found ourselves down to two goals in the last derby and tomorrow we must be more clinical and determined, it will be very important, Milan are not only Ibra,” he added.

“Lukaku and Lautaro Martinez never lack abnegation, sometimes a striker can be lucky, some other times he is not.”

---

Wasting chances was a big reason why we lost the last derby, as well as bad defending. So basically lack of focus at both ends. Will need to defend better (hopefully Kolarov doesn't start as reported, surely Bastoni can handle playing constantly at his age?)

Sanchez starting ahead of Lautaro would make sense, Lautaro has not scored in our last 5 games. Samp, Roma, Fiorentina, juve and Udinese. He had 7-8 chances in them.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts