Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coppa Italia Final RTN Preview: Parma-Juventus
Parma - Juventus | News Archive

Juventus' striker Marcelo Zalayeta (Allsport)
05/09/2002. Parma-Juventus

AT STAKE

The final act of the 2001/2002 season will take place on Friday evening at the Tardini stadium, where Parma and Juventus will face each other in the second leg of the Coppa Italia final.

The unpredictable Serie A finale gave this match a different meaning for Juventus. The Bianconeri would have been much more determined if they didn't win the Scudetto, so their attitude could be an unknown.

The hosts, who must try to bounce back from the 2-1 defeat of the first leg match, are in a much different situation. The national Cup is the only way for the Emiliani to sweeten a disappointing season: Parma were expected to fight for the top positions, but soon they struggled and spent most of the season in the bottom part of the Serie A ranking.

TEAM NEWS

-Parma: just like in the first leg match, the Gialloblù will miss suspended skipper Fabio Cannavaro, who is supposed to join the Bianconeri next season. Boghossian, Bolano, Djetou and Sukur will also be sidelined with injuries, but coach Carmignani will recover the team's topscorer, Marco Di Vaio, who missed the Delle Alpi clash.

Probable line-up (3-4-1-2): Taffarel; Ferrari, Sensini, Benarrivo; Diana, Micoud, Lamouchi, Junior; Nakata, Bonazzoli, Di Vaio

-Juventus: the guests will miss Czech forward Pavel Nedved, who is suffering from muscular troubles. However, Juve will be boosted by the recovery of Marcelo Salas: the Chilean striker, who got injured last October 20th, will start from the bench. Just like he did in all of the previous Coppa Italia matches, coach Lippi will hand a chance to many of his second string players. Carini will relieve Buffon between the posts, while Amoruso and Zalayeta will form the offensive couple.

Probable line-up (4-4-2): Carini; Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Paramatti; Zenoni, Conte, Tacchinardi, Zambrotta; Zalayeta, Amoruso

-----------------------

ROAD TO THE FINAL

Juventus
1/8 finals: at Sampdoria 2-1 – vs. Sampdoria 5-2
Quarterfinals: vs. Atalanta 4-2 – at Atalanta 1-2
Semifinals: at Milan 2-1 – vs. Milan 1-1

---------------------

Parma

1/8 finals: at Messina 2-0 – vs. Messina 1-2
Quarterfinals: at Udinese 1-1 – vs. Udinese 0-0
Semifinals: vs. Brescia 2-0 – at Brescia 1-2

PLAYERS TO WATCH

-Juventus: Marcelo Zalayeta. The Uruguayan striker was simply awesome in the first leg match, and Parma's defenders were in no way capable of stopping him. This match represents another huge chance for him to secure himself a place in next season's roster…

-Parma: Marco Di Vaio. Parma need to score, and Di Vaio's comeback (he missed the first leg match due to an injury) could be fundamental in this view. Furthermore, this will likely be his last appearance in front of Parma's fans, so I expect him to play at his best.

SOCCERAGE PREDICTION

The lack of pressure and the result of the first leg match will be two major allies for Juventus. Parma might be more "hungry" than Lippi's men, who have spent most of the week celebrating the Scudetto, but Lippi and the players repeatedly stated that they want the double, and I expect them to show this determination right after the starting whistle. I can't see Parma defeating an super-confident opponent.

Parma 1 Juventus 1

soccerage
--------------------------
good luck, parma... :) beat juve... :fero:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Wow, we have a pretty offensive line up with Micoud Lamouchi and Nakata in thr midfield!
Fortunately Marco is back and will score!:stuckup::cool:

I hope the defenders can control Zalayeta and Amoruso better than last time, then we have good chances!
My prediction is 1:0:hopefull:

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Good luck to Parma!!:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I hate to say this but Parma has NO chance. The referee will be Paparesta the super pro rubentus ref, Parma has NO chance.....:(

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
It will be 2-1 but I don't know who to :tongue:
I am pretty certain Juve will score first as we always go behind, but with the frontmen of Zayaleta and Amoruso are not the most frightening line up and I would expect our defence to deal with them although Zayaleta did score in the first leg.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
43' Parma [1 - 0] Juventus

3' [1 - 0] Junior

25' Alessio Tacchinardi - yellow card

33' Ciro Ferrara - yellow card

Copyright © 1998-2001 LiveScore.com

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Second half on it's way. Still 1-0!

Come on!!!! Win it!!! :fero:

Win it for Benny, Bogho, Sensini, Cannavaro and the rest!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
We can do it! C'mon!!! :strong:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Well haven't you won it with a 1-0 win because of the awaygoal?

Daniel

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
THANK YOU JUNIOR!!! :proud:

Finally another TROPHY FOR PARMA!!!! :happy:

This is so great!!! What an ending to this pathetic season!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Congrats for the win.....Parma totally deserves it!!!

Damn we played really suxx!!! :(
A nice goodbye present for Cannavaro.......:D
I hope he'll join Juve next season. :cool:

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
What seemed a terrible season got a little better..
We came 10th, which isbn't bad since we could of got relegated.
We win the Coppa Italia and we are in the UEFA CUP!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts