Xtratime Community banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
There's no "how we play at the moment" when we are talking about next season and don't know who the coach will be.

Our wide players are not good enough for this system anyway. People are all in love with Samu and while his defensive stats are decent and he looks okay overall, his attacking numbers are still very poor (no goals, one assist so far in the league, and all his other attacking numbers are poor -- dribbles, crosses, chances created, etc). The Belgian kid is one option, but we definitely need a new LM/LW better than Hakan, Jack, and Co. in this system. Rebic and Leao are no midfielders and only maybe wingers.

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
I see the left side much better than our right flank. Theo makes the difference with our attack. Rebic is starting there instead of Bona. I would even dare to say that Bona time is up with us and rightly so.

Our right is something we really need to look into. But I will emphasize again the middle of the park player of Pogba/Bakayoko/Keita caliber.

4-3-3 is a history as far as I know. Unless the management start to purchase pure wingers again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
There's no "how we play at the moment" when we are talking about next season and don't know who the coach will be.

Our wide players are not good enough for this system anyway. People are all in love with Samu and while his defensive stats are decent and he looks okay overall, his attacking numbers are still very poor (no goals, one assist so far in the league, and all his other attacking numbers are poor -- dribbles, crosses, chances created, etc). The Belgian kid is one option, but we definitely need a new LM/LW better than Hakan, Jack, and Co. in this system. Rebic and Leao are no midfielders and only maybe wingers.
Yes, there is how we play at the moment. Pioli could still be our coach. Management are the one purchasing the type of players.

·
Super Moderator
13,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Precisely that kind of reasoning has been one of the major causes for our problems the last few years. Teams need wingers on both sides, because teams change formations and most formations use wingers. In fact today we played wingers in a 4-2-3-1. And that's also why someone like Rebic has been a good addition: because he can adapt to different formations, including ones who demand him to plays as winger.

What we need is to either get a very balanced squad to give coaches the opportunity to find the right formation, or to get a very very good manager and build the squad around his preferences. Even if Pioli does very well and stays, he is clearly scenario no. 1.

At any rate, the solution when talking today about next summer is not "we don't need wingers in this formation". This is so obvious that with the precious little money the club had to spend in the winter market, they bought a versatile young player who's played most his career so far as a winger.

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
Well, for a start we might have a different perception on what winger really are.
That’s why I mentioned pure winger in my earlier post.
For example, Hakan and Rebic aren’t really winger. The basis still based on 4-4-2.

Anyway, our goal difference are in the negative. We really need to be more clinical.
Also we have not beaten the top clubs base on head to head.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts