Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
A harsh penalty, but of course it is Calabria at it again...That guy seriously has no brain

·
Registered
12,289 Posts
Of course Calabria is an idot but that penalty is awarded only to Rubentus.

We played a good game, and if it would have been 11 vs 12 (plus the ref for them) we could have won.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Missed this and recorded it, but then a friend spoiled it. From the extended highlights it looks as if we attacked quite a bit. Especially Rebic seemed very active again, and scored a beauty.

Very unlucky penalty. Calabria should not have jumped like that but the arms were back down when they hit him, not high; hard to imagine the arms could have been anywhere else at that point.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I keep telling myself not to watch Milan Juve yet I always do. The refs always come to their rescue.

Why did it feel like we were playing an away game?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Is Hakan still playing ffs
He is our creative spark...making himself disappear.
Before we sign him, I was told he was a free kick genius.
Boy, was I cheated

Penaldo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Barile_boy

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
We need a brave soul to open the thread for the weekend game

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
But the squad should be facing the next game high in confidence. Inter and Juve might not have been at their best at the moment, but we played better than for a long time or am I just getting my hopes up high?

The pressing and harrassing of the Juve players yesterday were impressive and we kept up the tempo for most of the second half. Many Juve players made uncharacteristic simple mistakes because they felt under pressure.

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
Personally I would not have given that penalty, but I know that Italian refs do, yes, even for other teams than Juve.

Overall, from what I saw we have taken som giant steps forward last two games. I was also impressed by Kessie who took good decisions with possession for once. Unfortunately we are most likely out as we will play next one away and with several players missing.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Based on statistics, the shots on goal against Juve was among the highest. Around 11.
But it also prove that we are not clinical on the finishing. We are bad on taking shot around the edge of the box.

The good thing about this squad now, we know who need to go but the quality of the one coming in has to bring us to another few level.
A WC playmaker and Bakayoko/Makelele/Keita mould in the middle of the park.

·
Registered
44,974 Posts
IMO, you need a CB upgrade for sure. Someone who can play lockdown defense and clean up/play the ball out calmly. Romagnoli would look much better with a partner like that as well.

You obv need a 20+ goal per season striker as well. Preferably someone who can hold up play and/or drop back after Zlatan leaves since that seems to work very well for you.

In the current table, you're the team with the worst goal diff. And the only other team besides Bologna to have a negative goal diff (-6).

Reactions: van

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Sure a good CB is one of the need. I don’t deny a WC CB to partner Roma...
At this moment based on our formation and play, a Pogba/Bakayoko type playing alongside Ismael is something of an urgency. It’s an important level up in the middle of the park and this team as a whole.
Even a 20+ goal striker is needed looking at our highest goal scorer is a left back. Follow by Rebic who just got a starting position after we make changes to the formation and play.

One thing we are sure now in this team, which players are not good enough and which positions need overhaul. Things are as clear as water now compared to our previous situation.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yeah some fans are starting to turn on Romagnoli, which is very unfortunate, he is an excellent CB -- just not that kind, and he needs either a physical beast or a composed type next to him. At some point he and Bonucci looked very solid together even if Bonucci was clearly not at his best. A player of certain kind and quality made Roma look so much better. Two huge mistakes in the transfer market past two seasons have been allowing Inter to beat us to both De Vrij and Godin. Either would have improved this team A LOT.

Then we need a lot of other things. For sure a prolific striker for when Zlatan is not there. Definitely a physical DM. One or two wingers. Very likely a better RB.

But above all for me a quality manager is the absolute key.

·
Registered
44,974 Posts
For striker, what do you think of Aubemeyang? I think he's one of the best options out there especially given the added ability to drop back and involve others.

·
Registered
12,289 Posts
I say break the bank and sign Pogba. And it can be the only signing of the season.

On free try for T Silva i think his contract is expiring.

Than next summer or if the opportunity arises get a quality CB and Striker.

Also, again started the rumours about Donna leaving, as his contract expires in 2021. Of course I don't want him to leave but if he was to leave than invest the money smart. No more Hakans and Bertolacis ffs.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Yeah some fans are starting to turn on Romagnoli, which is very unfortunate, he is an excellent CB -- just not that kind, and he needs either a physical beast or a composed type next to him. At some point he and Bonucci looked very solid together even if Bonucci was clearly not at his best. A player of certain kind and quality made Roma look so much better. Two huge mistakes in the transfer market past two seasons have been allowing Inter to beat us to both De Vrij and Godin. Either would have improved this team A LOT.

Then we need a lot of other things. For sure a prolific striker for when Zlatan is not there. Definitely a physical DM. One or two wingers. Very likely a better RB.

But above all for me a quality manager is the absolute key.
Sorry, i don’t think we will look for a pure winger with how we play at the moment. A flying RB is a sure thing.

T Silva is being mentioned. He is free by end of season. I don’t mind.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
For striker, what do you think of Aubemeyang? I think he's one of the best options out there especially given the added ability to drop back and involve others.
Someone who can hold up the ball. He suited that but I hope we can give Andre Silva a chance with how we are playing now.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I say break the bank and sign Pogba. And it can be the only signing of the season.

On free try for T Silva i think his contract is expiring.

Than next summer or if the opportunity arises get a quality CB and Striker.

Also, again started the rumours about Donna leaving, as his contract expires in 2021. Of course I don't want him to leave but if he was to leave than invest the money smart. No more Hakans and Bertolacis ffs.
Pogba will be a dream. No harm dreaming

41 - 60 of 72 Posts