Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is tomorrow. I imagine we'll play a few of subs who need playing time.

It will be interesting to see whether Suso or Castillejo get the nod on the RW. Based on the last game and Suso's recent form, Samu should be the starter for Serie A, so maybe start Suso here?

Also would be a good chance to give Conti some continuity, and Biglia much-needed minutes. It might be a good idea to start Cutrone as well.

The problem is, of course, that many changes could lead to a poor performance an to the team losing its mojo.We've seen that happen before, and one of the things we're building off is these days is that win against Napoli in the Coppa.

People like to shit in Coppa Italia (and Europa League) but one of the reasons it is important is precisely because of it can have that kind influence. And this year is as good as any to go for a title, which would be the first in a long time besides the odd Supercup type wins.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would rest Piatek and Bakayoko, and will start Conti, Biglia, Samu and Cutrone.
Agreed -- but what about the defense?

By the way, I predict Borini will score if he plays, regardless of whether he starts. Possibly a good goal too. Please somebody bet on that. If you make some bucks, you just need to buy the beers if we ever meet.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just reading on Tw that Samu and Borini will start w Piatek.
I guess that means Suso is still the starter for Serie A this coming weekend, unless Castillejo impresses again.

·
Scudetto
23,366 Posts
Agreed -- but what about the defense?
Don't think we have enough depth to rest anyone in defense unfortunately.

van said:
I guess that means Suso is still the starter for Serie A this coming weekend, unless Castillejo impresses again.
Ideally both of them start in Serie A, rotating on the wings and freeing Hakan to play in midfield.

Won't happen though. I think Rino appreciates Hakan's tracking back.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't think we have enough depth to rest anyone in defense unfortunately.
I meant the fullbacks mostly. We do have Laxalt on the left, and Conti and Abate on the right... But also to be fair Zapata has been decent when called upon this season and it might be wise to keep him match fit.

Agreed on Castillejo, though so far he is far more impressive on the right. Meaning his one impressive game all season has been there. Not that he's had so many chances anyway. I think Gattuso appreciates Hakans defensive efforts for sure, but also generally likes him as a player, and probably prefers the inverted winger formula.

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Holy shit, nobody knows how to control a ball or make a pass. Wtf is this

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Piatek is always surrounded by three defenders. Maybe don't just dump long balls to him?
Whoa, how did you figure that one? By watching the game? That's too difficult for our players and coach.

This has been a typical Italian Serie A game with Milan trying to conserve energy and minimize risk. Not working at all, just as the 129481241 previous attempts.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Boring game. I'm trying my best not to fell asleep!

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Suso was Borini tier tonight. Should be benched the next game.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts