Xtratime Community banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
The season is completely f***ed.

Time to pull the plug on 2019/20.

No idea how to settle Serie A winner (shouldn't be one), relegation, promotion. Euro places etc.

I suppose you either revert back to the status of Week 1 of 2019/20 for all leagues and start 2020/21 with the same teams with the same status OR you use the current standings to determine everything.

What an incredible mess this has become

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I imagine Lotito would be pretty pissed off if the season is cancelled. Lazio having their best season in 2 decades and have a realistic chance of winning the league then season is cancelled. Damn.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
UEFA imo should postpone the Euros to summer 2021, that would be the best solution. Same teams and venues, just delay by 1 year. I doubt anyone would object to that.

That would allow leagues to be completed, take a month off like reported, monitor the situation then play behind closed doors for ALL the teams til the end of the season. No crowds.

The league would surely lose multi millions in case of cancellation, so playing behind closed doors is the solution, after a month of no matches. Let the players have a 2 week rest, then comeback and resume training. As if it's a pre-season mid-season..

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
It seems though that CL and EL matches will go ahead without fans, so actually delaying league and cup matches would allow us to focus on EL. Not bad for an EL fanboy like me :D

·
Registered
45,520 Posts
I'm not sure all the clubs have really understood that it's behind closed doors till the end of the season or nothing as the virus will hardly disappear in few days. I also wonder what happens if/when the players get infected.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Too bad that Inter consider the EL a pain in the arse.
You can tell Ahmed this till you're blue in the face.

He won't listen.

The fact is, unless Inter exit the EL very soon, they can't play the Samp home game this season.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
UEFA imo should postpone the Euros to summer 2021, that would be the best solution. Same teams and venues, just delay by 1 year. I doubt anyone would object to that.
I am 1000% in favour of this.

I don't like the Euros much anyway.

Logistically I don't know though....... It would no doubt be difficult to reschedule

Obviously Euro 2020 is spread across many countries so presumably no single country has an overwhelming financial or logistical stake in it. It's not like it's just .e.g France, and France has invested 2 billion in hosting it like Euro 2016.

I would imagine that would make it easier to move forward a year, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
I'm not sure all the clubs have really understood that it's behind closed doors till the end of the season or nothing as the virus will hardly disappear in few days. I also wonder what happens if/when the players get infected.
Good point

At least some players will be infected

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Well Inter need to win something to end the trophy drought, and imo EL is more realistic than Serie A as Serie A isn't within our control nor is it impartial. Hence EL should be taken seriously.

Anyhow obviously the players rested enough so no rotation should be considered in the meantime, play our best available team v juve tomorrow and Getafe on Thursday

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Players' union calling for the season to be cancelled.

6,000 cases now in Italy.

I have tickets for Roma-inter in April but those are useless now....

As soon as a Serie A player contracts it, the season is over.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts