Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well no one started a thread for last night's match against Cagliari so I am morally obliged to do it because the Coppa Italia MATTERS. Winning it in 2004-2005 - particularly - brought me great joy. And if we go on and win it this season it would be great to end the drought.

Might as well do 1 thread for the Cup instead of single threads for matches

We won fairly comfortably last evening. Scored 4, should have scored 3-4 more.

Cagliari basically gave us a generous head start with the assist to Lukaku in less than 1 minute.

Barella with 2 assists against his ex club, good crosses. He assisted Lukaku for a headed goal like the Milan derby earlier this season.

Valero scored his first ever goal for Inter in Milano as his other goals were scored away.

Ranocchia the 14th different scorer for Inter this season in all competitions, good figure.

Good to see Biraghi assist.

De vrij, Candreva and Lautaro fully rested. The Frog, Dimarco, Lazaro and Esposito (off the bench) got an opportunity to play and Alexis was also back playing after ages (**** Cuadrado) so lots of positives. Good that the match did not go to ET, too. In fact Inter kinda stopped playing after an hour and Cagliari started to get into the game. Nainggolan hit the post and they scored a good goal. Well worked.

Only negatives imo are not using Padelli at all and that Lukaku played a full match.

Loved seeing the great Massimo Moratti in the stands. He no longer owns Inter, but he is Inter personified. Forza Massimo, per sempre Uno di noi

Forza Inter.

·
Registered
15,223 Posts
It was a great performance.

But the team almost always plays well with Barella in the line-up. For me he's more important than Sensi.

·
Registered
15,223 Posts
Dimarco was many people's MoM BTW

I like his play and have done every time I've seen him.

But he is apparently going to Verona on loan as soon as Spinzzaola is signed

·
Registered
43,340 Posts
Barella with 2 assists against his ex club, good crosses. He assisted Lukaku for a headed goal like the Milan derby earlier this season.
Hell yeah. I'm glad you mentioned it. His first game back from injury wasn't great (understandable) but he looks like he's regaining some form quite quickly. Very encouraging.

·
Registered
43,340 Posts
Dimarco was many people's MoM BTW

I like his play and have done every time I've seen him.

But he is apparently going to Verona on loan as soon as Spinzzaola is signed
I wasn't impressed with him before but he certainly showed quality in this match.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts