Xtratime Community banner

Copa title or Champions League spot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fernando Torres has said in an interview for Mundo Atleti that "winning a title is more important than going to Europe (I guess that he talks about the CL, since with Copa title he would play UEFA Cup). I recall when I was kid the cellebrations as a fan and I want to live them as a football player".

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20050419/NOTICIA194795578.html

And you? What do you prefer? A Copa title or a place in the next Champions League?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
It's hard to choose, but I guess I'd prefer the Copa (it's a title after all). Now, if the winner of the Copa qualified for the CL instead of the 4th in the league, problem solved ;)

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I'd go for Champions League qualification.

It's the Premier club competition in Europe and a club as big as Atletico really need to be playing at that level. Atleti also need the TV revenue and commercial deals that comes with European football and their marketing partners in order to attract the best players in Europe (everybody wants to play in the CL) whilst meeting their wage demands.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Copa.

Seriously talking they won't have any chance in the CL, however, I doubt they will can qualify for the CL, the top 2 are already taken by Barca and Real. Plus the 3rd seems to be going to Villareal, its going to be tough with the likes of Betis..

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
both !!

atleti can go to campions league and win la copa.....it is not impossible !

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
If I had to choose I would take the copa !!!

It is a title and it is our first step back to Europe and back to be a powerful club in Spain.

STEP by STEP ... 3 years ago we played SEGUNDA ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts