Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boca 4 -Internazional of Porto Alegre 2

Horrible biassed refereing vs the brazucas....when Inter was winning 1x0...at the 4th minute of the second half Traverso (The Mule) with a yellow already should have been red carded for a very nasty tackle..the colombia ref looked the other way...The Mule went on to tie the game and after that it was disconcentration on the brazucas all the way.

In Porto Alegre Boca will have a tough time....defending the two goals will be the task at hand, specially in a stadium where the fans have always rulled for the home teams.

;)

·
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Boca hit four in 15 minutes to end goal drought

BUENOS AIRES, Nov 24 (Reuters) -

Boca Juniors, who had not scored a goal in their previous five games, hit four in 15 minutes at they beat Internacional 4-2 in the first leg of their Copa Sudamericana semi-final on Wednesday.

Boca, beaten finalists in this year's South American Libertadores Cup, went into the match attempting to end a nine-match winless run and score their first goal since a 1-1 draw with Cerro Porteno of Paraguay on October 27.

After a goalless first half, Boca looked to be in more trouble when Diego pounced on a loose back pass and slipped the ball to Rafael Sobis, who fired the Brazilians ahead.

However, the Argentines, who are looking to the Sudamericana to avoid finishing the year without a trophy, equalised in the 54th minute when defender Cristian Traverso scored from close range to claim their first goal in 544 minutes' play.

Veteran captain Diego Cagna put Boca ahead five minutes later with a fierce long-range shot which hit the post and went in off goalkeeper Clemer before Carlos Tevez set up two quickfire goals.

In the 66th minute, the 20-year-old Argentine international sent over a low cross from the left and Martin Palermo, who appeared to be in an offside position, tapped in at the far post.

Three minutes later, Tevez slipped the ball to Nery Cardozo who cut inside his marker and scored with a low drive into the bottom right-hand corner.

Internacional, who have never won an international trophy, gave themselves hope for the second leg when Diego pulled a goal back with seven minutes remaining as he beat his marker to Chiquinho's cross from the left.

The Brazilians finished with ten men after defender Sangaletti was sent off for a second bookable offence in injury time.

Ecuadorean champions Liga de Quito host Bolivar of Bolivia in the other tie on Thursday.

The Sudamericana is roughly the continent's equivalent of Europe's UEFA Cup.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The best news of the night was the return of Vargas. He looked like providing what we have been missing for so long: come creation in center midfield.

Boca played decently; didn't deserve to score four goals. But what does deserve have to do with anything.

Guly played alright in the build-up play, but it would be hard for anyone to play worse in the final third. He was just awful when it mattered most.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
The best news of the night was the return of Vargas. He looked like providing what we have been missing for so long: come creation in center midfield.
...and Cardozo...those two can change the middle, but i do not see in the nesr future a place for Nery, sadly...

·
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Onto the other Semi ..... In Quto, Ecuador

LUDQ 1 Bolivar 1 .... Looks like one of the Finalist will be from The Bolivian Alps !!!!!

:cap:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Fangio said:
...and Cardozo...those two can change the middle, but i do not see in the nesr future a place for Nery, sadly...
Yes, as soon as Cardozo came on, Boca looked much more dangerous going forward. The midfield should be thus:

-------------------------------Cagna-------------------------------------

--------------------------Vargas-------------Cardozo-------------------

·
18,041 Posts
..may be enitez won't dare he is with the oldies, cause is the better way to try to keep the job, one of the reasons of the foreign coach is to get rid of many players, is obvious, anyway let's have hope, and btw as soon Cangele is recovered, another chance for him and thnx to Carreño, what a mediocre player for Boca...we need to see if Palacios can as soon as posible, Guille now is 98% pure talking, but anyway was great to see how he ran anyway, but he can give his game in cuentagotas..que mal se cuido Guillermo, porque ese pibe morfo bien de chico, es de familia de guita...yo me acuerdo que nunca lo vi arruinado, pero me lo cruce por lo menos 5 veces en boliches..siempre tranqui, pero un profesor de educación fisica que conozco, me habia dicho que salvo seas un superdotado, con las patadas que liga Guillermo, con la posición en la que juega de constante pique, salir aunque sea a tomar un cafe seguido, te corta la carrera, yo en ese momento le dije que exjeragaba..pero tenia razon...

·
18,041 Posts
Ledesma will have his place if Cagna wasn't there, and between Vargas and Ledesma, I keep the current Vargas, he is a great player, that I can believe Europe still don't want him, el colombiano is pure class..

·
Registered
450 Posts
Fangio said:
Ledesma will have his place if Cagna wasn't there, and between Vargas and Ledesma, I keep the current Vargas, he is a great player, that I can believe Europe still don't want him, el colombiano is pure class..

Is it just me or is Martin Palermo really very slow now? He seems to be labouring sometimes.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Fangio said:
..may be enitez won't dare he is with the oldies, cause is the better way to try to keep the job, one of the reasons of the foreign coach is to get rid of many players, is obvious, anyway let's have hope, and btw as soon Cangele is recovered, another chance for him and thnx to Carreño, what a mediocre player for Boca...we need to see if Palacios can as soon as posible, Guille now is 98% pure talking, but anyway was great to see how he ran anyway, but he can give his game in cuentagotas..que mal se cuido Guillermo, porque ese pibe morfo bien de chico, es de familia de guita...yo me acuerdo que nunca lo vi arruinado, pero me lo cruce por lo menos 5 veces en boliches..siempre tranqui, pero un profesor de educación fisica que conozco, me habia dicho que salvo seas un superdotado, con las patadas que liga Guillermo, con la posición en la que juega de constante pique, salir aunque sea a tomar un cafe seguido, te corta la carrera, yo en ese momento le dije que exjeragaba..pero tenia razon...
el Melli played well at times; his running on the right was creating chances. As long as he can keep showing his moments/halfs/games of genuis, I will put up with how he goes missing at times. But yes, he is a player that has always bothered me: He could have been SO much better than he was. He has been a great player, el maximo idolo de Boca, but with his talent, he could have been a world great. It's just that he never learned to temper himself, to play intelligently. He still deserves a place in the starting 11, at least until Palacio gets here, though.

·
18,041 Posts
Palermo was very slow always, Ray, all he he ever have is: intelligence to be:

1. in the right place
2. and a confidence I will love to see in many skill dudes: THE OPTIMIST OF GOAL, he is a MAN with every letter, but a limited player.
Anyway his capacity of holding the ball from long passes, and his header is out of this planet.Technically in those two aspects he is superb, no doubt about it..BTW Ray, he played with an injure almost half game, even scored injured, as I said he has BALLS big as la Bombonera..I love that of Martin, but he is not a player that should come again because forced Boca to play a style with no players to do it...

·
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Palermos flight of the bumblebee stint in Spain is just a minuscule indication of his limited abilities as a great striker !!!!! :cap:

·
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wed Dec 1st .... Porto Alegre is ready for the Bocones ..... The Q is ....are they ready for Internazional ?????? :doh:

·
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Internazional 0 Boca 0

Boca in the FINAL .....Vs either Bolivar in La Paz :dielaugh: or Liga Deportiva in Quito :dielaugh:

·
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bolívar le ganó 2-1 a LDUQ en La Paz y alcanzó la final de la Copa Sudamericana porque en la ida de Ecuador habían empatado 1-1

Bolivar Vs B Juniors .... WIll the Bolivians win a 1st BIG One ??????

Or better yet ... Will Boca LOSE a 2nd MAJOR Cup in 2004 ???? :dielaugh:

·
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bolivar 1 (Not enough for B As I believe) Boca Jrs 0

B As=Buenos Aires :glasses:

·
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PREVIEW-Boca try to save season, :dazed: Bolivar out to make history :D

BUENOS AIRES, Dec 16 (Reuters)

- Boca Juniors will try to save an unhappy season while opponents Bolivar have a chance to make history in the second leg of the Copa Sudamericana final on Friday.

For Boca, South America's equivalent of the UEFA Cup is merely the chance to grab a consolation after a year in which they failed to fulfil expectations.

They failed to win either the Clausura or Apertura championships at home and were beaten in the final of the Libertadores Cup by Colombian outsiders Once Caldas.

Yet winning at least one of the two league championships in the season is the very least expected of Argentina's most popular club.

Bolivar have the chance to become the first Bolivian team to win an international club competition and regard the match as the most important in their history.

Bolivar have a 1-0 lead from last week's first leg in La Paz although they would have liked to have built a bigger advantage at a venue where they enjoy the advantage of playing at 3,600 metres above sea level.

The team known as the Academy insist they will not just sit back and let Boca take the initiative.

"Our team are not going to stand under the crossbar as the Argentines believe," said coach Vladimir Soria. "We'll do what we always do: play good football to get what we want."

Bolivar have the best attacking record in the competition with 16 goals and their Argentine striker Horacio Chiorazzo is the leading scorer with five.

However, only three of their goals have been scored away from home and two of them were in a 2-1 win over compatriots Aurora.

Bolivar will be without forward Roger Suarez, who is unable to leave Bolivia because of a legal dispute with his ex-wife.

Midfielders Luis Gatty Ribeiro and Miguel Mercado are both injured.

Boca, still under interim coach Jorge Benitez, are expected to field a three-man attack of Guillermo Barros Schelotto, Carlos Tevez and Martin Palermo.

Former Villareal striker Palermo missed the first leg through injury.

Probable teams:

Boca Juniors: Roberto Abbondanzieri; Jose Calvo, Rolando Schiavi, Cristian Traverso, Anibal Matellan; Fabian Vargas, Diego Cagna, Raul Cascini; Guillermo Barros Schelotto, Carlos Tevez, Martin Palermo.

Bolivar: Mauro Machado; Oscar Sanchez, Julio Cesar Ferreira, Marco Sandy; Daner Pachi, Ruben Tufino, Limbert Pizarro, Gonzalo Galindo, Ronald Garcia; Limberg Gutierrez, Horacio Chiorazzo.

Referee: Carlos Chandia (Chile)

·
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Boca Juniors 2 Bolivar 0 - result

BUENOS AIRES, Dec 17 (Reuters) - Boca Juniors (Argentina) 2 Bolivar (Bolivia) 0 - result. Copa Sudamericana final, second leg:

Scorers: Martin Palermo 14, Carlos Tevez 28

Halftime: 2-0; Attendance: 55,000

Boca Juniors win 2-1 on aggregate

Boca Juniors: 1-Roberto Abbondanzieri; 15-Jose Maria Calvo, 2-Rolando Schiavi, 13-Cristian Traverso, 6-Anibal Matellan; 5-Raul Cascini, 8-Diego Cagna (14-Pablo Ledesma 67), 23-Andres Guglielminpietro (19-Nery Cardozo 84); 7-Guillermo Barros Schelotto, 9-Martin Palermo, 10-Carlos Tevez (11-Fabian Vargas 77)

Bolivar: 1-Mauro Machado; 6-Oscar Sanchez, 14-Julio Cesar Ferreira, 3-Marco Antonio Sandy; 11-Percy Colque (17-Roger Suarez 46), 2-Limbert Pizarro, 21-Ruben Tufino, 22-Ronald Garcia, 24-Gonzalo Galindo; 18-Limberg Gutierrez, 8-Horacio Chiorazzo

1 - 20 of 25 Posts