Xtratime Community banner

Which team will advance to the quarterfinals???

• River Plate

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Independiente

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Rosario Central

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
River Plate

The current Argentinian champions want to get their first continental title in almost 10 years. They lost many regulars in this summer transfer market, but they have gotten some strong reinforcements too.

Top players and newcomers: Marcelo Salas, Fernando Cavenaghi, Eduardo Coudet, Nelson Vivas, Killian Viviescas, Claudio Husain, Daniel Ludueña, Franco Costanzo

Independiente
After the debacle of the last tournament Independiente is ready to bounce back and also try to get back it's continental glory days. The central column of the team that won the Argie championship last year is gone. Some new up and comer youngster will try to take this team to new heights.

Rosario Central
The always tough "canalla" team is also in rebuilding mode. Their top forward Delgado is gone. Equi Gonzalez is back and the other twin Barros Scheloto is also on the team. They aretrying to get a forward and Jairo Castillo seems to be their top choice

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
06-08-03 [8] Avellaneda 21.10 Independiente vs. Rosario Central
04-09-03 [33] Rosario 21.40 Rosario Central vs. Independiente

18-09-03 [38] 21.30 Independiente/Central vs. River Plate
08-10-03 [49] Buenos Aires 21.30 River Plate vs. Independiente/Central

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Independiente and Rosario Central drew 1-1 after a tremendous error by Independiente keeper Islas, who gifted a goal to Equi Gonzalez.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Rosario Central and Independiente face each other on the 2nd leg of this match up.

It could be anybody's game, though the game ia at the "gigante de arroyito" so Central has home field advantage.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Independiente deservedly beat Rosario Central 1-0. It could have been more. The aggregate result was 2-1.

Independiente now faces struggling River Plate.

·
Registered
301 Posts
scary cat

I am afraid to say something to some one called Loco with a Title like that.

after all river is already thinking in the distribution of the final monetary prize.:groan:

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Re: scary cat

palermo said:
I am afraid to say something to some one called Loco with a Title like that.

after all river is already thinking in the distribution of the final monetary prize.:groan:
Don't be so judgemental. I didn't say anything about your Pajermo user handle.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
River was simply way superior. I haven't seen Cavenaghi played like this for awhile.

River should have no problems getting to the quarters

1 - 10 of 10 Posts