Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't care, i made the thread. I think this is the first time we play Barca in the Copa since we battered them in 99'? ;)

I wouldn't play Silva with Banega in midfield at Campy Nou Nou, that's suicide. I would get Ivan back and Marchena, Hedwiges and Banega. Silva on the left.

1st leg Nou Camp, Wednesday 9PM - GMT

:fero: Amunt. :boxing:

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We need to score i feel, i really hope we don't get outclassed, would be so hard to take. :(

We have to put up a fight and be in the game.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts

OK, now we have lost this shit

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
a 2-1 would be a good result though seeing the relative forms of the both team i doubt that.Either it will be an embarrassment for valencia or a close victory for barca

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I believe we will get crushed by Barca. And I will weep. And LCF will change his match thread title again.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Well... I DID thought that we had a chance then that bloody englishman came into the picture :D

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
:dielaugh:

Yeah, that's for sure! :howler:

·
Registered
952 Posts
At least we can give a good reason why Valencia lost to Barca...:dielaugh:

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
We must score if we want to have any chance in progressing into the finals.

This game will really show how far Koeman has progressed since arriving.

Mata certainly deserves a start again, but looks like he will miss out for Silva in his position.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Marchena out for this one...

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Fcuken hell, there goes our captain. It's gotta be Sunny, or maybe Koeman will have the balls to play the same line up against Huelva, unlikey.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
this match will tell us if we've improved or not. Barca are back in the title race so this will certainly put a different perspective on the 2 games. We really have nothing to lose. We might as well put everything into these 2 games, it's really all we have left this season. we need a postie approach tho because barca will murder us if we let them play to their strenghs. we need to unsettle them

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Hmmm, to not play Mata is dumb, he's fantastic now but well...
It's hard, either you pick away Silva who's been good the last games or Joaquin that is good too and have been our best player in the cup.

I really doubt that Koeman plays the same midfield against Barcelona... I really do.

I would like to see:
Timo
Caneira - Helguera - Albiol - Moretti
Maduro - Banega
Silva
Joaquin - Villa - Mata​
Well... Like and like, I don't want fúcking Helguera there but since all our CB's are gone from injuries (Alexis, come back soon!) then we must play the spitting guy.
I feel that the trio Silva-Mata-Villa can cause really good havoc with the Barcelona defence and with Banega laying his godlike passes!
The defence is always worrying but when Albiol is now showing his real self again, then I'm not THAT worried as usual but still, he needs someone better than Ivan.

Marchena is at the best as DM for me because there his sometimes very arrogant way in laying passes doesn't hurt that much as in being CB and he can also make his godlike passes!

The fullbacks is an issue, even though I like Caneira's attitude, he's very poor at the rightback.
Moretti is usual reliable in the defence so I'm not that worried there but he's not good on attack which is a big problem at times.

Let's hope for a good game from our side now, the former game against Barcelona was probably our worst display in this season.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts