Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I miss starting match threads. :D

Anyway, we visit Florida (that's their stadium name translated so it's probably not that :D) to match-up against Portugalte (sp)

I'd play:

Guaita

Torres
Helguera
Navarro
Del Horno

Marchena
Edu/Baraja

Pablo
Viana
Vicente

Zigic

29/10/08 - 20:30 SPANISH TIME

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot about Maduro :D. Yeah, get Marchena in CB and take out Lomban then.

Good squad we got, should beat them no problem.

·
Registered
14,722 Posts

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Oh we're so losing this one :howler: :D

Woody Woodpecker

Curly Torres - Ivan the Terrible - Madman Marchena - del Hornilicious

Hedwige the Sandwich

Hugo Viana -------------- Eduardo Gaspar

Pablo H ------------------------------------------ King XIV

Frankenstein​
Mestalla some of the nicknames you make up are hilarious :howler:

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
I hope a canterano is being played, besides Guaita...

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
^^some of the foroche wierdos think ximo navarro will be played at rb. I want to see maduro play, i haven't had a good laugh about him for a while.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
I want to see Ximo Navarro. Is he a RB or CB?
Rightwinger converted to RB, kinda funny because he has a damn good technique and is VERY attacking but have been one of the revelations of Mestalla this season.

[tub]qjJajgmXbIE[/tub]

- - - - - - - - - -

Porteros: Renan y Guaita.
Defensas: Ximo Navarro, Helguera, Marchena, Del Horno y Jaume.
Centrocampistas: Maduro, Edu, Baraja, Pablo, Hugo Viana y Vicente.
Delanteros: Michel, Zigic y Morientes.

Ximo Navarro is a RB, Jaume is a LB. Both are very attacking fullbacks so this will be interesting.
Michel is one of the strikers of Mestalla, scored 15 goals last season and is keeping up his good form from his debut season, watch out

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Thanks for the clip Friki, should be a decent player in a couple of seasons or so. One more year in Valencia Mestalla, and the traditional year or two on loan we practice as he's already 20 now. Little wonder teams like Chelsea are interested.

On the game, it should be hard to find a stream for this one so if you guys do, please do share. I doubt Al Jazeera will show this one, even though they have been all of valencia's games this season, inlcluding both Maritimo matches :pp

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Lets hope some rich team doesn't poach him from us.

I doubt any of us will get to watch the game. Hopefully we find a stream on justin.tv but its unlikely.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
We have a tradition of nurturing youth and with Unai in charge, I can't see him leaving. Relax. Unless he's a money hunter, in which case I don't care if he is the best player on earth. I want David Villa:proud:.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Can't believe Goal.com has a preview on this one:

Free-scoring Valencia visit Basque minnows Portugalete this Wednesday in what should be an easy fixture for the guests. It is the first time the two teams have ever met in any competition, but it is unlikely to be one for the history books due to its one-sided nature. Los Che have had quite a revival this season, sitting easily atop the league table racking a massive 20 points from 8 games.

Valencia, at a time when all seemed to have gone in shreds, managed to reach the final last year, losing just one game in throughout the competition. How Ronald Koemen miraculously led his deteriorating teamto the finals, beating teams like Betis, Atletico Madrid, and Barcelona along the way, still remains a complete mystery.

The passion that the Los Che players displayed in the thrilling final against Getafe, thrashing them 3-1, is what kept their infuriated fans from literally shredding up their membership cards and tossing them into the fire.

Last week’s slip-up at the hands of Recreativo has surely done nothing to harm the attitudes of the players, who are looking more and more inspired in training as the weeks tread by. Uani Emery has been a complete revelation so far, transforming last year’s heavy, uninspired side into the world class team that they are today.

The Spanish tactician in unlikely to field his regulars at this early stage in the competition, but must keep one eye open in case things go a little out of hand at La Florida. After all, the Copa del Rey is a viable target and the Los Che faithful would love to see their players retain last year’s precious silverware. Emery should rest some of the more important players, bearing in mind next week’s game against Racing Santander. Valencia have not lost a game this season, and will want to continue their excellent run of form.

Up in the Basque country, the beautiful city of Portugalete have had their fair share of fortune to enjoy too. After receiving 1.5 million Euros from the city council, Club Portugalete have had a chance to improve training facilities and are looking into the possibility of increasing their local stadium from 3000 to 9000 seats.

Their earlier round win against Don Benito has boosted the morale at the Portugalete camp, and the players are relishing the prospect of upsetting Valencia in front of their devoted supporters. Impossible? Think again: the yellow-and-black outfit have won an amazing 12 consecutive competitive games at home...

PROBABLE LINE-UPS

Club Portugalete (4-4-2): Borja Esteban - Olaeta, Goiria, Santi Vélez, Negro - Aguiar, Otero, Vidal, Kepa del Olmo - Arzubiaga, Edu Muñoz.

Valencia (4-1-3-2): Hilderbrand – Miguel, Albiol, Helguera, Del Horno – Manuel Fernandes – Joaquin, Baraja, Hugo Viana– Zigic, Morientes

PREDICTION

Valencia will go gung-ho in the opening minutes of the game and will want to secure a win as early as possible. Still, Portugalete are a brave side and will not defend in numbers, rather look to snatch possession in midfield. It will not be a walkover by any means, but Valencia are just too strong for a Segunda B side and it should be a routine win for Emery’s men.

Portugalete 0-2 Valencia

Feras Saad

------------------------------------------

So we should be careful as they have won 12 straight at home :dielaugh:

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
yeah, is that so, because we have won err... 1, 2, 4, err... quite a few games at home, so take that la florida, you aint no fortress

1 - 20 of 99 Posts