Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what happen to the other main event in conmebol ?

can jan ADD IT to the title ?

4 grps....an new format with 5 teams invited from Concacaf, will see action for 16 teams as: atl. nacional, america de cali, millonarios, Pachuca, liga dept Alajuelense, toluca, universitario del peru and more!

games to start in august 4th!

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
ask jan,
he is the owner

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor ate o fim.
A Corrente Jamais Sera Quebrada!
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
The Merconorte is a puny meaningless tournament. WHo cares if it has a forum?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
daeone said:
The Merconorte is a puny meaningless tournament. WHo cares if it has a forum?
listen mr ANO.....for a moderator like you with over 600 posts, you should know better than that!

7 countries involved! Just mention other competition more important in America (after copa america and Libertadolares cup) ?

Jan ....why the new software makes post so slow ?

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I stand by original statement, Mr. A-Hole. The Merconorte is meaningless in the same way the UEFA Cup is meaningless. It may have a few good teams in it, but it in no way even begins to compare to the Libertadores and Copa America. Even the Mercosur, which is basically a tourney made to generate money and TV revenue, is more important. Unless the tournament crowns the champion of some region, continent etc.. it is meaningless however entertaining it may be. Other meaningless tourneys include the Confederation Cup, the Gold Cup(although it does crown the Concacaf champ). I don't mean to bash these unimportant tournaments. I'm all for good football. However, there are too many games to begin with and the quality of play suffers when teams are forced to play so many meaningless games. What we don't need is a Forum for every event in the world. Do we really need a Confederations Cup forum? Or how about that King Fasad Cup or whatever they call that invite tourney played in Saudi Arabia? Give me a break!

Oh bye the way, the Copa America (although I love South American football) loses a few points for me when they insist on inviting Japan to play. Japan?! That's like having Australia play in EURO 2000!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts