62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The draw for the knockout stage was made earlier today

Some huge clubs in it. Will try to catch some games

·
Registered
62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They topped their group despite being the least fancied club in it so well done to Wilstermann.

Couple of great names in the Bolivian league. Imagine the trolling that "The Strongest" get when they lose? Or "Always Ready"?

Reactions: Jeffrey

·
Registered
62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The holders Flamengo are out after losing on penalties to Argentina's Racing club.

Last year's finalists River through.

·
Registered
46,839 Posts
I watched bits of both River Plate legs vs Atletico Paranaense. While they were clearly the better team and could have easily won both games they needed the last minutes of each game.

·
Registered
15,031 Posts
It was more exciting when Mexican clubs used to play in them (Libertadores and Sudamerica). I'll never forget when Bofo Bautista got under Palermo's skin and made the Boca fans freak out lol. That was awesome :D.

·
Registered
62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh, Palacio had more hair than now

·
Registered
15,031 Posts
Does he still have the rat tail? That always made me laugh :D

·
Registered
62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I think so

Edit: Toni answered TTM about Palacio already

Thanks for heads up about Boca, game in a couple of hours against Internacional. I guess Boca will be desperate to win Libertadores for Diego

·
Registered
62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked and D'Alessandro still plays for Internacional. Was amazing to watch for the Argentina U20 team that won the U20 WC in 2001. Lovely left foot.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
46,839 Posts
Club de Alto Rendimiento Especializado Independiente del Valle. I had to check it, first time I hear about them. They wear an ugly vivid purple shirt which could easily be the next season's Juventus second or third kit.

·
Registered
46,839 Posts
lol Bergessio playing for Nacional. That and Independiente's shirt are two good reasons to support Nacional.

·
Registered
62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ah Bergessio, part of the big Argentine contingent at Catania before Pulvirenti fecked things up. Think he was good for them, iirc.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
62,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will watch Internacional v Boca, Brazil v Argentina is tempting.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts