Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copa Libertadores 2004

The groups are set for the 2004 edition of the Libertadores Cup.

Grupo 1: Sao Caetano (Brasil), México 2, Peñarol (Uruguay) y The Strongest (Bolivia).

Grupo 2: Vélez Sarsfield (Argentina), Once Caldas (Colombia), Uruguay 3 y Unión Maracaibo (Venezuela).

Grupo 3: Cruzeiro (Brasil), México 1, Universidad de Concepción (Chile) y Caracas F.C. (Venezuela).

Grupo 4: Sao Paulo (Brasil), Liga Deportiva de Quito (Ecuador), Cobreloa (Chile) y Alianza Lima (Perú).

Grupo 5: Independiente (Argentina), El Nacional (Ecuador), Nacional (Uruguay) y Perú 3.

Grupo 6: River Plate (Argentina), Colombia 2, Libertad (Paraguay) y Deportivo Táchira (Venezuela).

Grupo 7: Santos (Brasil), Barcelona (Ecuador), Guaraní (Paraguay) y Jorge Wilstermann (Bolivia).

Grupo 8: Boca Juniors (Argentina), Colombia 3, Colo Colo (Chile) y Bolívar (Bolivia).

Grupo 9: Coritiba F.C. (Brasil), Rosario Central (Argentina), Olimpia (Paraguay) y Sporting Cristal (Perú).

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Mexican teams are playing the 'interliga' to determine the two teams that will qualify for the Libertadores. i have to say that it has been a very good tournament with some excellent game. Surprisingly Atlas seem the stronger side and less surprisingly Toluca, America, Santos, Morelia and Tigres have played well too. Ah!!! and one more thing......Chivas suck!!!;)

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
America and Atlas are playing the 1st leg of the match up to determined the 2nd spot for Mexico in the Libertadores. 1st spot went to Santos Laguna.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
America beat Atlas 2-1 and will play the return game next week in Guadalajara.

While Copa Sudamericana champion Cinciano drew 2-2 with Union Huaral on the road in qualifying tournament in Peru.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
i hope cienciano gets knocked out they have no business in the copa libertadores

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think Cienciano should be on this tournament. Though I do believe that the Copa Sudamericana champion should get a direct qualification to the Libertadores.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
mmm maybe

all i know is that after the clausura was canceled cienciano was behind

alianza atletico
sport boys
bolognesi
union huaral

on aggragete points atletico and boys where both on 63 so instead of doing the easy thing and set up a play off betewn the 2 they invented a way for cienciano to sneak their way in

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alianza Atletico beat Bolognesi 1-0 to take the early lead in qualifying tournament in Peru. The wiinner of this mini tournament, which also includes Cienciano, will take the last spot open in the Libertadores line up.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Barcelona is near to sign Ivan Kaviedes,with normal transfer this time,in order to strenght their attacking line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts