Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We almost forgot this eh? ;)

We have a Cup final against Juventus on Thursday. Apart from the two legs final being a tottaly moronic idea, both teams have other worries. Juventus wants the scudetto while we need to retain our Serie A status. Having said that, a trophee is always nice and it could be a small bright spot in what has been a terrible season for Parma. Not that loosing or winning the Copa Italia will give me any emotional disorder, but... ah well... :eek:

Both teams are expected to field several reserve players. Taffarel is going to play, and I expect Sartor and Micoud to start as well as Hakan Sukur, Sensini and Djetou. We'll see...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I would like us to win, but mainly because I would hate to lose :D . Says quite a bit about the prestige of this tournament now doesn't it ?

Juventus propable line-up:

________________Carini_________________
Birindelli____Thuram___Montero*___Paramatti
________Zenoni__Conte___Davids_________
_______________Nedved_________________
_______Amoruso_________Zalayetta________

*- if he feels ready, otherwise iuliano..if he feels ready :eek: otherwise Ferrara....
...and no- playing Nedved isn't because Lippi really "wants" to win... it's because there are no other midfielders ready as Juve in their endless wisdom gave away O'Neill for some knocklehead come next season, because Maresca is injured and because Tach.. well.. because Tach. is sadly Tach. this season and Zambrotta has some thigh strain that needs rest before the next serie A game... except of course for Primavera players which would be rather tactless, and are thus starting from the bench.

BOHOOO- what a scary Juventus team ;).
.....and to think that this is a FINAL :eekani:

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The two leg Coppa Italia finals must stop. They should make one final and much earlier in the season. That way it would be more interesting and it wouldnt be ridicouled...

Also, gotta love the fact that Tacchinardi is not even playing in Juve's less important game but starts for Italy... Forza Trap! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Yes yes indeed AMO :) - and FORZA Tacchinardi (old habits die hard).

;)

What's your team ? Come on- give it a shot.

Btw. Take a second, pause, and imagine what IMMENSE pressure we will be able to put on your flanks :howler: .

Play Sensini... he is great when the opposition has little pace. Exclude Davids and Nedved, and we have none.

Ciao.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Sorry guys, some copy-and-paste stuffs. :eek:

Juventus and Parma's second strings set for spotlight in Cup Final

TURIN, Italy, April 23 (AFP)

Juventus and Parma meet on Thursday in a low-key Italian Cup Final first leg match with both sides likely to field second choice line-ups as they have their minds on other more important targets.

However a decent turn-out is assured with some 25,000 tickets already sold for a match in a stadium which is so frequently deserted by the Juve faithful that the Turin club recently floated the idea they may quit Turin.

The reason for both teams apathetic attitude is that Juventus are in with a real chance of winning the Italian first division title while Parma are perilously close to relegation.

Parma know too that they don't even need to win the Cup to ensure European football next term as Juve have qualified for the Champions League.

In fact the only star certain of a game on Thursday is referee Pierluigi Collina - the bald official is a celebrity in his own right in Italy and has been rated as the best in the world by world governing body FIFA for four consecutive years.

Parma's director of football Arrigo Sacchi admitted he had other things on his mind this week with the relegation battle taking priority over the chance of winning a trophy that counts for little in Italy nowadays.

"I am already thinking ahead to the Fiorentina game," admitted Sacchi when asked about his club's prospects for Thursday's match.

The club's French midfielder Sabri Lamouchi believes, however, that victory in the Italian Cup would help compensate for what has been a dreadful season for a club which is a member of Italy's 'G6' grouping of big-spending clubs.

"It's an important occasion because we can please our supporters and the club," said Lamouchi.

Juventus, while unlikely to permanently leave Turin, had toyed with the idea of playing the home leg elsewhere to please their fans nationwide with Palermo and Monza suggested as venues but in the end stuck with the unloved Delle Alpi.

But it is the likes of Nicola Amoruso and Uruguayan forward Marcelo Zalayeta who are set to lead Juve with coach Marcello Lippi likely to rest his top guns ahead of Sunday's showdown with Brescia with the 'old lady' now only a point behind leaders Inter Milan with two matches to play.

Likewise Parma will keep at least some of their powder dry for the match with already relegated Fiorentina, who last year beat Parma to take the Italian Cup, but have since been devastated by a financial crisis.

Source: Dailysoccer.com

I smell something. Collina? :eek: He's regarded to be a very good ref but Juve + Collina mean something else for us... or is it just me? :confused:

And from the English version of the official Parma site, it says "Sabri wants the Cup". :hopefull:

Yes, we should make Sabri our captain next season if he doesn't leave...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let's not get paranoid here. :)

None of the team cares about the Cup so noone will try to influence Collina. Moreover, whenever he wants to, he is one heck of a referee.

Only thing that can ruin this freakshow of two teams playing second strings in a final, is Collina deciding to spice things up by putting up a personal show just to controversially get in the spotlight- he has done it before. ;)

But that's very unlikely. I expect two boring games to be honest. :yawn: :dontcare:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Amo, that's true. But I won't get to see the (maybe boring :sleepy: ) games here on TV anyway... :lala: I just hope that it's still a fair one. I feel kind of uncomfortable to know that Collina will be the ref of the game. We were robbed before, as far as I can remember.

Let's hope that I can still see my beloved Parma on TV (i.e. Serie A games) in Far East next season... :undecide:

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
@Amo: Sensini is injured (www.acparma.it)

My Parma team for Thursday would be:

_____________Hakan Sükür____Bonazzoli_______

____________________Nakata________________
______Junior___Boghossian__Appiah___Marchionni

_______Benarrivo_____Ferrari_________Djetou___

___________________Taffarel_________________

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Shanie: Collina may have been involved in decisions going in favor of Juve in the past, but really- he isn't exactly the referee Juve fans would like to see in a deciding match if you know what I mean.... Too many bad memories from the last couple of seasons for that.

Ciao.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I understand Glen. It must have been a shocking experience to not be favoured for once...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Djet said:
@Amo: Sensini is injured (www.acparma.it)

My Parma team for Thursday would be:

_____________Hakan Sükür____Bonazzoli_______

____________________Nakata________________
______Junior___Boghossian__Appiah___Marchionni

_______Benarrivo_____Ferrari_________Djetou___

___________________Taffarel_________________
That seems to be a decent lineup!
Forza Parma!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Glen said:

Juventus propable line-up:

Birindelli____ ___ ___Paramatti
Both in the same game??! :eek: :dazed: :eek:

Oh the horror! ;) :D

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
VERDI: :tongue: I second Steph's sentiments ;). It seems as if there's a wild card to say that every ref. favours Juve. I can understand when you guys say De Santis of course, because we have sort of a history here :eek: , but now it doesn't matter what name comes up and people will say "WAAHHH he is a Juve butcher". Be it Papparesta, Bolognino, Collina, De Santis or Braschi.
Overexposure deflates your point ;). Collina has annihilated us in big games over the past 2 years. And indeed... it's shocking and must stop :tongue: .

Lestat: I know :eekani: :D . Actually it's more embarrasing than sad.

Ciao.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
VERDI said:
I understand Glen. It must have been a shocking experience to not be favoured for once...
Ah Verdi - you made my day with this sentence.

To follow up with this, I wish Parma all the possible luck to win the Coppa Italia.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
_______Amoruso_________Zalayetta________

I like that, not too much of a threatening line up :)
But I have just read that Salas may return for the final.

I think it is going to be a real tough match, but we normally do well in this competition. We will have to see tomorow night.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I do hope we win, we need a major morale booster before next season, because there is no excuse why this team should be anywhere but the top 5 or 6.

And anyway look who we are playing & tell me it doesn't matter. We need all the boasting rights we can get right now guys, even if the Coppa Italia isn't rated as much, I like it. It's the national cup & it deserves so much more respect. I hope making it a 1 legged affair will help that.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
All right, some general thoughts.

Glen, don't be so hard on your reserves, after all they have beat your beloved Gunners, right? :)

Thana, I think there's nothing to do to revive the Coppa Italia by now, if you think that even the FA Cup has lost some, if not most, of his importance. Until few years ago, the FA Cup was as important as the Premiership. But now with the growing number of international games, a few teams tend to field reserves in the Cup matches. No, I don't think there's a better future for the Coppa Italia.

Collina. Please, mates, stop acting like Italians, for God's sake! I mean, Italian football is going downhill just because actual football has become the less important thing in Italian football. Controversies reign supreme in Serie A, and about evrything: referees, money, doping, players, coaches, League presidence, FIGC presidence, national team, fans. BASTA!!! Please, Parma and Juventus, tomorrow give me back the real football I saw yesterday during Real-Barça and today in Man Utd-Bayer. Not the same quality perhaps, but FOOTBALL anyway!

FORZA LAZIO

1 - 20 of 49 Posts