Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copa del rey: Valencia - Osasuna

We've got a tough game tonight, but luckily the game is played at the Mestalla.

Rafa is going to rotate players, atleast 2 of our 'untouchables' are gonna be rested. I'm not aware of any suspensions so if anyone knows anything, keep us posted please! ;) I would love to see our youngester Gavilan(Spain U20 player) have a chance but I guess it's highly unlikely. :(

Probable line up: Palop; Curro, Ayala, Pellegrino, Garrido; Vicente, Albelda, Sissoko, Rufete; Angulo, Oliviera

We'll have a rich bench for this game and if things go bad, we'll see Aimar, Baraja and Mista come on.

AMUNT VALENCIA!!!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Game ended 2-2 and according to the official site we were screwed big time by the ref :mad:

Curro Torres was unjustly sent off in the first half and a Pellegrino goal was wrongly disallowed aswell.

Poor result!!!

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
MoMo said:
Game ended 2-2 and according to the official site we were screwed big time by the ref :mad:

Curro Torres was unjustly sent off in the first half and a Pellegrino goal was wrongly disallowed aswell.

Poor result!!!
I wouldnt say that you were screwed BIG TIME, because Baraja's goal was rightly disallowed after a handballbut Curro Torres was unjustly sent off. Also, i dont see why the ref gave a penalty for Valencia, i saw nothing wrong.

Your best player by far was once again Vicente, he was a constant threat.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
will valencia give up the spanish cup?
i think after a draw 2-2 in the first leg at home, maybe valencia's officials may adjust their target.
as they lost their advantage at home, so have to pay extra price to get back in the second leg.
osasuna have bigger chance to get into the next round. :cool:

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are through after a brilliant 2-0 win at Osasuna! :cool:

Goals from Vicente and Rufete secured te win after a convincing performance(according to sources). We played with the following strong side: Palop; Garrido, Ayala, Pellegrino, Carboni; Sissoko, Baraja (Albelda, m.68); Rufete (Jorge López, m.79), Aimar, Vicente (Mista, m.84); y Angulo.

Canizares, Curro Torres and Oliviera were rested while Albelda, Jorge Lopez and Mista played less than 30 minutes.

First goal came after Aimar put Angulo through with a great pass, Osasuna's defender made a great tackle to deny Angulo but Vicente picked it up and blasted it into the roof of the net from close range but a difficult angle.

Second goal, A low cross from Carboni, Angulo tried to finish it with a neat backheel, keeper only managed to fumble it and Rufete was there to apply the finish.

Man of the match(according to Ciberche) was Vicente! :star:

·
Registered
518 Posts
It's real nice to see Sissoko playing the full match in a DMC role.
I do pin high hopes on him in taking over Albelda/Baraja

:happy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts