Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first leg of the third round will be played on January 12th, with the return leg being played on the 19th.

Will we continue to see Solari, Owen, Morientes, etc. or will Perez and Garcia Remon pull out the big boys this early?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,528 Posts
The first leg of the third round will be played on January 12th, with the return leg being played on the 19th.

Will we continue to see Solari, Owen, Morientes, etc. or will Perez and Garcia Remon pull out the big boys this early?
I guess that in the first leg we will see the "B" team again but the 2nd leg depends on the result, although I expect to see 3 starters atleast in the first leg.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,390 Posts
I expect to see our "stars" since leg 1
we r facing a Liga team, and probably a team
that see La Copa as the only chance of glory
just as Zaragoza did last year.

also I think there is a feeling in the team
that we cant live another season trophyless
so here is our easiest opportunity for a silverware.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,509 Posts
Alter Ego said:
I expect to see our "stars" since leg 1
we r facing a Liga team, and probably a team
that see La Copa as the only chance of glory
just as Zaragoza did last year.

also I think there is a feeling in the team
that we cant live another season trophyless
so here is our easiest opportunity for a silverware.
with our current form i'm not sure we will get to the final...
if we'll face betis later on...
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
sagyv said:
with our current form i'm not sure we will get to the final...
if we'll face betis later on...
Actually this Madrid can be more reliable in this kind of KO tournaments than in La Liga. Madrid will go to 1/4 finals and then they only have to play 5 matches 'til the final.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,509 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Actually this Madrid can be more reliable in this kind of KO tournaments than in La Liga. Madrid will go to 1/4 finals and then they only have to play 5 matches 'til the final.
very true.
but the team is currently Dr. jekyll and Mr. Hyde, you just never know which of them will show up to the game...
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
sagyv said:
very true.
but the team is currently Dr. jekyll and Mr. Hyde, you just never know which of them will show up to the game...
But it was also this way in 1998 and you won the CL... CL and Copa are unpredictable. It's true that RM is very irregular and they're playing awful, but they still have class enough to give a lesson to anyone in a good day and you only need 3 or 4 good days in Copa or CL to win it... well, also a little bit of luck on your side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,509 Posts
Koeman4 said:
But it was also this way in 1998 and you won the CL... CL and Copa are unpredictable. It's true that RM is very irregular and they're playing awful, but they still have class enough to give a lesson to anyone in a good day and you only need 3 or 4 good days in Copa or CL to win it... well, also a little bit of luck on your side.
i totaly agree.
i just hope we'll use this luck in the CL and win it... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
755 Posts
personally I think its out of order to the young players who got Madrid to this stage are dropped for the bigger players because its getting to the later stage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,390 Posts
3ksnd said:
personally I think its out of order to the young players who got Madrid to this stage are dropped for the bigger players because its getting to the later stage.

Its been like that in the last years, LIFE can be Cruel.
 

·
Boti Boti Boti
Joined
·
10,303 Posts
Alter Ego said:
I expect to see our "stars" since leg 1
we r facing a Liga team, and probably a team
that see La Copa as the only chance of glory
just as Zaragoza did last year.
:rollani:


What "''Liga" are you watching this year? Segunda?
 

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
zyad said:
:rollani:


What "''Liga" are you watching this year? Segunda?
Butrageño called Valladolid an "almost" first division team. Maybe Azael was referring to that :D
 

·
Boti Boti Boti
Joined
·
10,303 Posts
barça said:
Butrageño called Valladolid an "almost" first division team. Maybe Azael was referring to that :D

hehehe maybe... Butre can say that if he wants... but in reality, they are in seventh place in La Segunda, and just lost at home last weekend to Cadiz...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,390 Posts
barça said:
Butrageño called Valladolid an "almost" first division team. Maybe Azael was referring to that :D
Thats right Raul, ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,469 Posts
zyad said:
hehehe maybe... Butre can say that if he wants... but in reality, they are in seventh place in La Segunda, and just lost at home last weekend to Cadiz...

Don't remind me. :depress:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,469 Posts
Koeman4 said:
It could be worse, Alicante CF and Hercules are creeping in Segunda B. :sob:
Yeah, but I think a lot more is expected of Valladolid than Hercules or Alicante. Valladolid has been in the first division for a while with brief spells into segunda and many great players have come from Valladolid like Baraja, Hierro, Caminero, etc.. I think that's why fans of Real Valladolid are very disappointed last year and this year.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top