Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

GETAFE CF vs VALENCIA CF

Vicente Calderón (Madrid) | 22:00 | Wed, April 16

The biggest party of the Spanish football, the final of the oldest trophy in Spain. Getafe and Valencia will fight to achieve the first title of the season.

On paper, Valencia are the big club. Only looking at the names, Valencia is the historical club that is used to live in these situations, while Getafe should play the role of the humble team that wants to knock down the giant.

But their current reality is quite different. Michael Laudrup's team have done a great season, not only because of reaching this final, but also due to their good run in La Liga and the UEFA Cup. Getafe are a humble team placed in a working class town of the South of Madrid. As it happened with the city in the last decades, Getafe passed from being a team of lower cathegories to live among the big clubs without any complex of inferiority. Their president Angel Torres built a team using coaches and players that want to progress in football. The formula worked great and the results are there. This is their 2nd final in a row and this time they don't want to leave the stadium empty handed.

On the other hand, Valencia are a team that had big expectations back in September. After a great investment in signings, Valencia were one of the big favourites to fight for La Liga. It's unbelievable to see them now in the bottom of the stadings (15th) fighting to avoid relegation. A team that was built to win titles is now a victim of the wrong management of their president and coaches.

But, suddenly, Valencia appear in this Copa final, with a historical chance to win a title, which would mean the 7th Copa in their museums. Valencia is a wounded lion that you never know how they react in this situations. You may think that they can collapse when they face their first difficult moment... or you may think that Valencia will show the pride of the big teams in the big moments, as they did in the semis. They may not have the confidence, but they have loads of talent.

All this situations make this final uncertain and exciting. A game without a clear favourite. Another Copa final to remember. Enjoy the nicest game of the Spanish football.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
GETAFE!!!

i think valencia will win this though.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
i hope valencia can win it so that they can play in europe next season

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
GEEEEEEEEEETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
valencia ****ers!!!!!!!!!!!

3-1

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
I'm with the referee in this one.:rolleyes:

Can't the Borbon continue being a talisman and make both loose?:cool:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Oh my god, the 'modest' team, the "team of the people", the one which gave "football lessons" and blablabla outplayed by Valencia. Oooohhhhh...Poor Juancar.:D

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I think Getafe came back into the match about halfway through it. Getafe are doing well right now and has reduced the score to 1-2, and obviously that has affected the Valencia players as seen at the reactions after the penalty. Comeon Getafe! Vamos Laudrup! Vamos Getafe!

·
Registered
5,600 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
The one with the crown must be really sad for being jinx twice in one week, thank god they have lots of vodka in the vip.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Getafe need 2 new goalkeepers.
Obviously... and they also need to grow a pair of balls to play this kind of games.

First of all, you can never start a final playing this way. Getafe realized that the game was on in the 20th minute... and two goals down. Nothing to say about the first goal, it was a truly nice colective play that was perfectly executed. But you can't allow a header inside the small box. Where the hell was Ustari?

I think Valencia wasted a good chance to kill the game and they surprisingly sit back and closed themselves in their own box. It was a penalty (it was), but it could have been in any other action.

In the 2nd half, Getafe didn't push enough. Aside a couple of shots, I don't recall to see Getafe putting Valencia in real danger.

The 3rd goal was a joke. Ustari is the worst goalie in La Liga. I've seen him doing this almost in every game he played. What a shitty goalie. I don't get all the expectations he raised. And was he supposed to sign for Barcelona? Thanks god.

Congratulations for Valencia. Deserving winner. They deserved it since the first minute.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts