Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like nobody has mentioned the CdR draw for the 4th round. We'll play against Benidorm who are in the same league as Barça Atletic (Segunda B). The first match will be on 29th October.

Poli Ejido - Villarreal
Real Unión - Real Madrid
Benidorm - Barcelona
Orihuela - Atlético
Portugalete - Valencia
Ponferradina - Sevilla
Elche - Deportivo
Murcia - Racing
Celta - Espanyol
Rayo Vallecano - Almería
Hercules - Valladolid
Castellón - Betis
Athletic - Recreativo
Getafe - Osasuna
Numancia - Sporting
Málaga - Mallorca

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Today at 13.00 there will be the draw until the finals. Four games will be played on January, practically every Wednesday between the Sunday/Saturday liga games. Semifinals will be played at the beginning of February and March. The dates:

7. January Next round first leg
14. January second leg

21. January Quarterfinals first leg
28. January Quarterfinals second leg

4. February Semifinals first leg
4. March Semifinals second leg

As everybody knows Real Madrid and Villarreal are already out of this competition. The remaining teams all Primera sides plus two SegundaB sides:

Valencia
Sevilla
Atlético de Madrid
Athletic
Deportivo
Racing
Espanyol
Almería
Valladolid
Betis
Osasuna
Sporting
Mallorca
Polideportivo Ejido
Real Unión Irún.

My wishes are Real Union. I would like to see what was all the fuss about, this third division team must be special if he was able to eliminate Mierda in two legs. Let's see if we are good enough to eliminate them, that would be a good test of our abilities. Otherwise I would prefer an easier draw at least until semifinals, so I'd like to avoid Valencia, Sevilla or Atletico, that would give us an easier January.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
damn!! Atletico!

ok, what the hell it gonna be this round or the next, so who's we if win play Vs!
isn't they give the draw about winner of game A VS winner of game B and so on?

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
In the quarterfinals it's the winner of Poli Ejido-Espanyol, but (if Marca hasn't screw it up) the second leg it's again at home.

A busy January, we'll play 4 derbies (Espanyol and Atletico).

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Semifinals are easier, but this time the second leg is away:
WINNER of Mallorca/Almeria -- Real Union/Betis

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
That's how will look our busy January and beginning of February. I hope we enter into the January with some big points advantage, and may rest some important players in la liga games, instead of Cup. And secondly, I hope Pep takes this Cup seriously, and doesn't opt to discard the cup just to have an easier league schedule. But knowing Pep, he won't do it.

WEEKEND Barcelona-Mallorca
MIDWEEK Atletico-Barcelona (CUP)
WEEKEND Osasuna-Barcelona
MIDWEEK Barcelona-Atletico (CUP)
WEEKEND Barcelona-Deportivo
MIDWEEK Espanyol(?)-Barcelona (CUP)
WEEKEND Barcelona-Numancia
MIDWEEK Barcelona-Espanyol (CUP)
WEEKEND Racing-Barcelona
MIDWEEK Barcelona -X (CUP semifinals first leg)
WEEKEND Barcelona-Sporting

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Well, it's me again. The draw was pretty hard on us, but an ethernal optimist can find two positives about it:

1. We won't meet Valencia or Sevilla until the Finals, naturally, if they make it.

2. At least we'll earn some money now with cup games. Against Benidorm the cost of opening the Camp Nou was higher than the income earned from a very small number of cheap tickets sold (10 euros if I'm not mistaken). Against Atletico and Espanyol we can expect high prices and very high attendences.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
That's all folks. If somebody else has something to say about the topic, say it in this thread. Or, if you're to embarrased to say it publicly, you can send me a PM.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Just another thing. If you scroll through this topic, on left side it's now full of blaugrana colors. It's a good omen, I'm sure, we'll finally win the cup this time.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
good job Barcoslav, it seems we'll be having a very very busy month in our way.

and how, we can't say no to nothing now, its this team who put inside us a the hope and the believe in them and what they can achive, all to do with Pep hard work..

Copa Del Rey the ture Rey is coming, it been so long since we've seen you come to Camp Nou to stay with your 24 sister ;)

Visca el Barca i Visca Catalunya

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
btw : I'd kill to see a final of FC Barcelona VS Athletic Club in el Bernabue :D :pp
now thats the best final, and watching Barcelonistas celebrating :proud:

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
That's exactly what I said in the Basque forum.

It would be nice to bring some Basque-Catalan celebration in the middle of Madrid, it would be a special night. Plus, as we'll win the league, whatever the result, it will give Athletic chance to play the UEFA Cup, I would really love it. And plus, it would be a chance to put an end to a dispute, who's the true King of the Cups (Athletic claims they won 24 cups as we did, only that RFEF acknowledges them with 23 cup trophies).

·
Registered
69,963 Posts
The bad thing about the draw: we play against Atletico, one of the strongest teams still in competition.

The good thing: Valencia and Sevilla will kill eachother. If we beat Atletico we´ll get a good chance to reach the final.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Lets win against ATM then crush those bastards with new coach.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts