Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
colo colo, I guess you would be the man to ask, When is the Next Copa America , where is it , and are we invited to play in it ??
I think from what i heard it is in either Peru or Venezuela , that would be so awesome if it was , i have so much freinds and family there .

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm not Colo Colo but The next Copa America is in Peru next year.
The winner and runner-up of the Gold Cup will be invited.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The winner and runner up of the one we just won or the next gold cup ??

·
Registered
401 Posts
I went looking for answers and read that the next Gold Cup will take place next summer. Now I don't know what this means for taking part in Copa America. We can't be in two places at once. I guess I am confused now:confused:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wait i was just checking around and copa is in 2004 , the gold cup , and the olympics as well. I know the olympics are mostly u 23 but we have some players that will still be u -23 at that time. Sounds like a jam schedule , plus WC qualy starts back up in 04 if i am not mistaken

·
Registered
401 Posts
Are they changing Copa America to every 4 years or are they just putting it in even number years? If it is in 2004 then the winner and runner-up of the next Gold Cup in 2003 will be invited to Copa America.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Guys...Sorry about my delay in reading this...With the WC I've been mostly worried about the Championship, but since its about to wind down...I promise to be back shortly with ALL kinds of Info for us to share, on the Peruvian (And that is correct) Copa America 2004 ... Or is it 2003 ?? :eek: ???

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
The next Copa America will be held in 2004 in Peru, though I don't know the reason for the switch from 2003 to 2004.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Tim said:
The next Copa America will be held in 2004 in Peru, though I don't know the reason for the switch from 2003 to 2004.
Because in order to work with the Fifa's unified calendar, Copa America will no longer take place every 2 yrs , but every 4, just like the EuroCup....So Im sure they will both happen at about the same time of the yr or just off by a week or so...That way all S American players in Europe can be with their National Teams without a hitch.
So far Conmebol has nothing else yet on their Web Site regarding the 2004 Cup .

;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts