Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching the Copa America last year, and then Euro2000 this year, I got to say the former is much better than the latter. It's just much more exciting. Anyone agree? Disagree?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I tend to agree. But it's because the European game is not as exciting as the South American game in general. In South America, teams try to score, score, score. They attack all the time and think of defense only as a last resort. But the Europeans think the opposite way.

Italy, for example, would be happy to win every game 1-0. If Italy gets a goal in the 10th minute, you know you are in for a boring afternoon.

If Brazil or Argentina or Colombia gets a 1-0 lead early, you say, "OK, it's time for fireworks because one team is going to try to kill the other team, and one team is going to try to tie the game."

In Europe, only Holland plays sexy football.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Portugal also plays this so called "sexy football"

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
everything a question of the point of view. At least in Europe there are much more strong teams which can compete for the title, just look at the WC, the only teams besides European teams that always made it into the quarters are Brazil and sometimes Argentina

1 - 4 of 4 Posts