Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of these should have been done before, we always let these things for the last day. These are the players who end contract in June 2005.

Oskar Vales: Bye, I still have no clue of why was he renewed last season if the coach didn´t count with him, Zubi probably knows..

Ander Murillo: I´m pretty sure Athletic has a clause to renew his contract automatically as happened last season with Aranzubia. Anyway, this is the most important of all, he´ll be the leader of our defense, 4 years and a high rescision clause.

Luis Prieto: He isn´t the best defender in the world but always does his job correclty, I´m pretty sure there won´t be problems to renew him. 3 years.

Javi González: Already 30, first we have to see if he has recovered well from the injury, I know he´s a bit crazy and irregular but if he recovers his level I would renew him for 1+1 years depending on games played. He is very versatile and can always help in different positons.

César: It´s true he does his job every time he has a chance but we already have Iraola, Lacruz and Javi González for the right back. I would only consider renewing him if Javi Glez isn´t renewed.

Isma Urzaiz: 33. He´s deserving the renewal, we have to think in a substitute but right now he´s very important, specially playing home. I would renew him for 1+1 years as Javi.

Santi Ezquerro A couple of months ago we could have renewed him for much less that we´ll end up doing...:groan: He has an excessive salary (in the top 3 of the team) so it has to be reduced. I would renew him for 3 years, even if his good scoring run ends he will always be useful for his constant work. We better watch out because Deportivo is after him.

Many people thought Aitor Karanka also ended contract this season, what we didn´t know is that when Zubi signed him he was signed for 3+1 years (60 games in those 3 years) although officially they only announced 3 years.:mad: I hope we can sell or loan him this summer...:eek:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention our coach Ernesto "Txingurri" Valverde also ends contract, he has his mistakes but I think overall he´s a good coach for us; knows the young kids and likes good football, still has to improve in some aspects but well, I don´t think there are too many better coaches out there so I´d renew him. In any case, I would wait until February-March before doing it.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to ETB Luis Prieto has renewed for Athletic for 4+1 years depending on games played on that last year. Zorionak Luis, I´m sure he looses money accepting Athletic´s offer compared to others he has but he won´t feel anywhere like home.;) Good luck, and aupa Luis lion!

http://www.eitb24.com/noticia_es.php?id=37310

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Can anyone tell me how is doing Miguel Escalona in Ferrol ? (former player of Athletic)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Poland-Cement said:
Can anyone tell me how is doing Miguel Escalona in Ferrol ? (former player of Athletic)
He hasn't played a single match in the season, it's incredible, i don't know how before to loan a player they asure first that he is going to have minutes, what a wasted year :moan:.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
THOR said:
He hasn't played a single match in the season, it's incredible, i don't know how before to loan a player they asure first that he is going to have minutes, what a wasted year :moan:.
Player of Athletic couldn't find a plae in 1st sqquad of Ferrol :googly:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts