Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know where to add this and feel free to add this where you u guys think is suitable.

We've got alot of contract problems that need to be resolved as soon as possible...We've got alot of clubs lurking over our players, players that proved that they are the best in the world and still have a future with Barca.

Busquets: Contract ends june 2009....still has his B contract and talks between Txiki and his agent are paralized according to this article. Really worries me because this guy is from the masia and has proven that he is first team quality. Alot of clubs are after him we better move.
http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=558657&idseccio_PK=803

Eto'o: Contract ends june 2010...Our best signing of the summer and someone who revitalized us. Has always scored when it mattered and we were fools to even think of selling this guy. We need to renew his contract as soon as possible because he's not short of suitors.

Xavi: Contract ends June 2010...His form is unbelievable and a true Blaugrana. Clubs are dreaming of him.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Its good that we're playing hardball. It shows that we won't just through the dough at them

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You do understand there are other clubs in Europe who drool over these guys...January and Busquets can talk to other clubs....We're gonna play hardball for how long? just give them the money

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Xavi will no doubt sign an extension, he's said repeatedly he'd like to stay in Barça for his entire carreer. Judging from what I've read from Busquets I think he'll sign a new deal too, I don't have any proof for it, it's just a feeling.

Eto'o however, that's an entirely different situation. To be honest I wouldn't put it past him to refuse to sign a deal and either leave on a Bosman or be sold this summer for a low fee.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about Xavi.. He's 100% loyal and will renew his contract for sure

busquets, if the boy has any brains he'll renew his contract with Barcelona

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I think there is no need to worry about Xavi and Busquets. They'll sign, thats for sure. The club might be though in negotiations, I don't see a problem there, but we all know that the local and media pressure and also management all agree that these boys are going nowhere. And when talking about wages, Barca can match any offer.

Eto'o's contract should be extended before the end of the season, so there is still time. He is already one of top 3 earners, so negotiations will be though imo.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I'm not worried about any of them.

Xavi has been pissing me off for years with his gutless football, and a few quality showings against average sides won't exactly have me jumping about screaming for him to be offered a mega-contract. That guy owes a lot to the Club. He's been kept in the first team for how long now. It's like he was subscribed to a starting position regardless of anything. Even Ronaldinho seemed to have less credit. It's time to see the extent of his loyalty. I wouldn't rush into any deals. If his contract ends June 2010, there's no reason to be offering him anything before winter 2009. Lets see the loyalty.

Busquets, what are we talking about? A few good games and suddenly he has demands? lol, sign what you're offered or move on to make room for other cracks waiting to come up.

Eto'o, him I'm least worried about. I said during the summer I could understand if the Club sold him and I stand by that. He's been scoring goals but so have the other players, and God knows Eto'o isn't the only striker out there. For all the bullshit he's caused with his big mouth, lets see where his loyalty lies. If he is really blaugrana, he will commit his future to us. I've read about Txiki planning on testing Eto'o's feelings for Barca, and I agree he should do that. Offer him an extension with less pay and see where that gets us.

We need to take a dominant position in these situations and act as if it's not crucial for us to keep them, which is true. Why the hell should we be worried about what a player will do? The magnitude of Barcelona enables us to attract any player, and we certainly have the money for it. If someone wants to hold the Club hostage and ask for astronomical wages (my bet would be Eto'o), they can leave.
It's situations like this that got us into debt in the first place. Gaspart was eager to throw major deals at average players to ensure they don't leave, and the Club turned into a resort. The best policy is to give contract renewals after achieved success, which is what we did to the team assembled in the summer of 2004. If they win something important, give them bigger pay. And so on. Since this team hasn't won shit for two years, well...

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Xavi has been pissing me off for years with his gutless football, and a few quality showings against average sides won't exactly have me jumping about screaming for him to be offered a mega-contract. That guy owes a lot to the Club. He's been kept in the first team for how long now. It's like he was subscribed to a starting position regardless of anything. Even Ronaldinho seemed to have less credit. It's time to see the extent of his loyalty. I wouldn't rush into any deals. If his contract ends June 2010, there's no reason to be offering him anything before winter 2009. Lets see the loyalty.
Take it easy on Xavi. He's had a great career with us and is in the form of his life this season. Not sure where all this is coming from.

Busquets will sign. Eto'o I'm unsure about because I do think he wants a new challenge no matter much he likes it here.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Xavi is bordering that age when I think it might be worth listening to offers from other clubs. Not saying I would sell, but if the right offer came through I would definitely listen.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Xavi is bordering that age when I think it might be worth listening to offers from other clubs. Not saying I would sell, but if the right offer came through I would definitely listen.
Pep said that Xavi is untransferable. So, realistically, there is zero chance of him leaving.

And even if there was a chance, I still wouldn't listen to any offers. He grew up here, he stays here. Like Puyol, Valdes, etc.

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
Pep said that Xavi is untransferable. So, realistically, there is zero chance of him leaving.

And even if there was a chance, I still wouldn't listen to any offers. He grew up here, he stays here. Like Puyol, Valdes, etc.
I agree, Xavi is irreplaceable and the heart of our midfield! You guys have seen how we play without him, beside he's having an amazing season so far after such a confidence booster in the Euro.

Him and Puyol have more years go give and should retire as Cules!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Who would you replace him with Kopriva?

Iniesta? Cesc? Is there anyone that can do what Xavi is doing at the moment with such consistency?

IF you were talking about the Xavi of some years ago I would have agreed with you but the way he is playing now, he is simply irreplacable.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
We learned with Ronaldinho that no one should be untouchable.
Uhh..well, Xavi's approach to football is likely just a WEE BIT more professional than the Party Man. And there simply aren't many players in the world who can do for our system what Xavi does. So why pay over the odds for someone like Alonso or Pirlo when we have someone that is just as good, or nearly as good?

Xavi could have left us a few times already, and he hasn't. Loyalty needs to be rewarded just as performance does.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Xavi will no doubt sign an extension, he's said repeatedly he'd like to stay in Barça for his entire carreer. Judging from what I've read from Busquets I think he'll sign a new deal too, I don't have any proof for it, it's just a feeling.

Eto'o however, that's an entirely different situation. To be honest I wouldn't put it past him to refuse to sign a deal and either leave on a Bosman or be sold this summer for a low fee.
I agree with you about Eto'o. If the club want to keep him, we must do it now, but I'm sure he'll always have in mind what happened last summer.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Only case not signing Eto'o will be acceptable is if we get Benzema..

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I'd like to keep all these guys. But similar to Kopriva but not quite as emotional about it :D, I don't want to jump through hoops for it. We're just now talking about getting out of debt, don't want to start throwing Kluivert style deals around. :scared:

Xavi is coming into his prime football wise it seems, Spain's success has given him the extra boost of confidence to utilise his talent. More goals and assists to continue this form. And the kind of player he is means he could do a job well into his 30s. I'd like to keep Busquets as well. I don't know what kind of money we're talking, but locals don't tend to be amongst the absolute massive earners, do they? Xavi might ask for decent money in any contract deal, but how much can Busquets seriously be asking for? I can imagine that he is still on noob money having just broken into the first team.

Eto'o, I've always been a fan. Given his stature, I don't want him to go at all unless a quality replacement is already in the squad, and Henry is NOT that replacement. I guess it depends on whether Eto'o does fancy another big move while he still has plenty of years ahead of him, or whether he's happy to stay at Barca for the best part of his career. Another factor with Eto'o is whether we win something this season or not, it could convince him this is the place to be and a great season from Eto'o might convince others he is worth a contract. 12 goals already if I remember my stats correctly, and a 25 goal season is distinctly possible if he remains injury free.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I have the feeling that both Xavi and Eto'o are capable of declining markedly in their level very quickly. As a well-run club we should listen to offers.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Some incredible comments about our players in this thread. It amazes me that some folks think that Busquets should only make 300,000 euros a year. It's definitely early and no rush to meet his demands, but our initial offer was as I said before a lowball offer. I think it should it be doubled and filled with incentives based on the success of the club and possibly even some personal successes. Again it's early, but I think he looks quality enough to at least garner double what we initially offered. In fact I thought he put in another good performance against Malaga.

As for Xavi, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to read some of the comments I've read. Fortunately Pep has a clue about the player and I read something from him to the effect of "while I'm in charge he's going to be here" the other day. Xavi is really demonstrating the sort of player he is now that he's being managed properly (which I said this summer) and as VBI said, he's the sort of player who considering how he plays will probably be able hold that level for some years. Also, Xavi has been VERY loyal over the years and he clearly deserves a pay rise. The club should not take his loyalty for granted though. I think he'll consider a move if they don't compensate him properly and he's at the age where a move abroad will likely be now or never. Furthermore, for all of you who would sell him, who would you bring him in to replace him? Seriously, giving Xavi another 2 mil a season is going to be cheaper and smarter than spending a fortune on a replacement.

Eto'o is more of wild card. I think his wage demands will be a huge issue along with Pep's plans for the future. With the Benzemas and Agueros out there, I think we could see him go. Still I think he's got a few more seasons left. I'd renew him at a reasonable wage and then sell him if necessary at a later date. I think the club should really take into account his reaction this season though. He's reacted perfectly to the events of the summer and any player (especially Eto'o depending on who you ask) might have reacted differently.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts