Chile 3 - 1 Australia

AFRICA 1 ASIA/AUSTRALIA 0
Ivory Coast 2 - 1 Japan
NIGERIA 0 - 0 IRAN

North America 1 South America 0
Costa Rica 3 - 1 Uruguay

Europe 1 North America 0
France 3 - 0 Honduras

How would you rank the continents? And would you change seats allocation for world cup spots?

·
Registered
68,886 Posts
CONMEBOL I think deserves 6 spots permanantely, anything more would make qualifying too easy because of only 10 countries.

I'll be interesting to see Africa this edition, they are the ones always crying abut more spots but they might be the most over represented. It doesn't help that their qualifying system is strange and not always the best teams qualify

13 for UEFA is fair I think, but I have a feeling Blatter with his anti-UEFA sentiment will reduce it :howler:

CONCACAF at 3.5 is ok, the problem is the trio outside of USA/MEX/CRC will only go to the World Cup and defend, teams like Honduras, Panama and Jamica are not good enough to compete at the World Cup

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
concacaf is underrated , imo...they can do some damage....campell n navas are fun players to watch ...mexico as a team can beat anybody...the combo of jones and bradey will give the usa a fighting chance...ppl dont realize how good bradley is for the usa.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
honduras aint bad....however , panama and jamaica...... lol

·
G☆☆ner Ѧ ♥
1,139 Posts
CONMEBOL I think deserves 6 spots permanantely, anything more would make qualifying too easy because of only 10 countries.

I'll be interesting to see Africa this edition, they are the ones always crying abut more spots but they might be the most over represented. It doesn't help that their qualifying system is strange and not always the best teams qualify

13 for UEFA is fair I think, but I have a feeling Blatter with his anti-UEFA sentiment will reduce it :howler:

CONCACAF at 3.5 is ok, the problem is the trio outside of USA/MEX/CRC will only go to the World Cup and defend, teams like Honduras, Panama and Jamica are not good enough to compete at the World Cup
This

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts

·
Registered
68,886 Posts
first European win over a SA side as Switzerland beat Ecuador, fairly even match but the Swiss had more chances but SA still hold an advantage winning 3 of 4 UEFA vs. CONMEBOL meetings.

Two African sides play tomorrow, Nigeria have a winnable game over Iran while Ghana face a stiff challenge from the US and the matches have always been close

Honduras were completely out of their depth today, despite them finishing above Mexico in qualifying, Honduras is still imo the 4th or 5th best team in CONCACAF (some will say even Panama is better but they shot themselves in the foot in qualifying)

·
Registered
68,886 Posts
So Nigeria doesn't do Africa any favors by drawing Iran but not only that they looked terrible in the process, misplaced passes, poor crosses not even one decent threat on goal. AFC get their first points but Iran is one of the weaker teams here

Ghana-USA will be interesting match, the winner will have upper hand in getting out of the group in the expense of Portugal

·
Don
902 Posts
Dempsey with the fifth-fastest WC goal in history, nice goal as well. Hoping for an Ghanian win here, one win for the African sides would be disappointing.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Guess who voted for Concacaf?

Mr. OBaixinho. :proud:

Pound for pound the best confederation.

·
Registered
68,886 Posts
Ghana played well but they didn't finish their chances. What a tournament so far for CONCACAF but in the next set of matches they might fall back down to earth :D

I hate to pick on Africa but another loss, though Blatter is so up CAFs ass

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
CONCACAF owns everyone. I'd like to see all those people complaining about them having too many qualifying spots now. If anything, we should give them 1 more spot and take one away from Africa/Asia.

·
Registered
68,886 Posts
Nah 3.5 is enough but I believe eventually the CONCACAF teams need to stop being in the weakest pot for the draw. People underestimated Costa Rica but teams like Honduras, Panama and Jamaica can't compete at this level yet

·
Registered
17,390 Posts
Nah 3.5 is enough but I believe eventually the CONCACAF teams need to stop being in the weakest pot for the draw. People underestimated Costa Rica but teams like Honduras, Panama and Jamaica can't compete at this level yet
There is not weakest pot HS. There is only the strongest pot which everyone can qualify for. The rest is based on the continents.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts