Xtratime Community banner

221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
Yes, we'll only see the extent later...I think things will be clear by Jan. And yes, we need to appreciate the financial situation too.

Which are the accounts which say that Conte was unwilling to be understanding? From what I've read, from what has been posted here and elsewhere, we see that Conte was NOT against the sale of players. He was NOT against being more economical. He provided a list of just 6 players he wanted to keep at all costs...by logic, that allows for other players to be sold and cash to be generated. The players aside from those 6 aren't exactly cheap players, unimportant players or scrubs either. To me, that doesn't sound like someone unwilling to be understanding. Unless "understanding" only means dropping ambitions, allowing what you've built to be dismantled, etc.

On the other hand, the club's plans according to reports are nebulous at best. We're told 1 big player will be sold, max. Then maybe 2. Then maybe not even limited to that. As for the non-big players, we're told that a number could leave...not limited to just Kolarov, Vidal, Sanchez, Vecino, D'Ambrosio. If the club can't make or hasn't made itself clear as to its intentions, how do you then blame Conte for not accepting?

Even then, unlike others, he didn't just up and leave as others would and have done. He looked for the meeting, wanted clarity. As a top coach and as someone who built a team of champions, is he not entitled to that?

Calling him "crazy", labeling him as someone unreasonable, fickle and someone who can't commit to anything...this flies in the face of the reports we've been seeing across the board. It simply doesn't jive or mesh at all with the vast majority of reports. Maybe thinking this way is a coping mechanism - it makes some fans feel better about the situation..."if the coach leaves, fvck him, he didn't have the right qualities anyway". To do this though, you have to disregard a lot, you have to be wilfully blind to a lot. We can simultaneously back the club and be objective about what has happened.
Sources are multiple from the italian papers in the last 24 hours.
Reports also suggest it was conte who decided not to have the meeting and called Steven and told him he wants a fast separation.

The club needs 80 million in sales you aren't getting that from selling kolarov,sanches,vecino,d'ambrosio,vidal and nangolan.
Conte wanted all of lukaku,toro,barella,brozo,bastoni,de vrij and skriniar un touch + atleast 3 reinforcements.
That is simply not feasible with the current situation.

Until proven otherwise I am going to believe what Don Beppe told the 3 curva nord representatives.

Also conte has history with regards to these antics. Did it at gobbi(the famous we are dinning at 10 euro places while we should be eating 100 euro places speech), bailed at chelsea when roman didn't get him what he wanted, nearly bailed last season because things weren't 100% what he wanted.

In times of great challenges you need to be flexible. Conte isn't.

This doesn't mean sunning doesn't have blame. They should have sold to BCN partners.
But the blame is 50/50 sunning and conte as far as I see it.

·
Registered
46,849 Posts
Could you link me to those articles providing Conte was unreasonable?

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
24,669 Posts
Calling him "crazy", labeling him as someone unreasonable, fickle and someone who can't commit to anything...this flies in the face of the reports we've been seeing across the board. It simply doesn't jive or mesh at all with the vast majority of reports. Maybe thinking this way is a coping mechanism - it makes some fans feel better about the situation..."if the coach leaves, fvck him, he didn't have the right qualities anyway". To do this though, you have to disregard a lot, you have to be wilfully blind to a lot. We can simultaneously back the club and be objective about what has happened.
I'd say it would be totally in character for Conte and in line with his previous behaviour at Inter and his mesdowns at other clubs.

It's perfectly understandable that Suning wouldn't want to commit to not sell certain players under any circumstances, if the six untouchable players rumour is true to begin with. If the finances are as bad as they appear to be the financial side should take precedence in the decision making, otherwise we might have to sell the players outside of those six for peanuts since clubs would know that we're desperate to offload assets not in that six..

But knowing Inter we'll probably announce it to the World that we have a couple of players we desperately need to get rid of and be black-balled anyway.

Reactions: stefan9

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
24,669 Posts
Thank you Conte for the Scudetto though.

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
There is the issue that Inter didn't receive our usual 80 million euro from gate receipt this season due to the pandemic. Was well explained by beppe marotta. The club isn't planning to dismantle the whole team but one sacrifice likely must be made due to the circumstances.

What conte wanted is the promise kept before the pandemic hit, of no core players sold and big reinforcements. No club except for the epl and oil clubs can keep this promise. He is delusional.

If the curva nord leader can except the explanations given to them by Don Beppe then one has to wonder what planet conte lives on.

Doesn't mean sunning doen't have blame as well. They should have sold to BCN partners earlier this year.
I've not seen any big team gutting their squad because of the pandemic. I'm sure there is rebalancing in terms of new investments, but i doubt there are planned sales to offset losses for most big teams.

With all due respect, the curva nord guy is a nobody compared to Conte. He's the guy you should have tried to keep happy, now i know that's a tall order given his track record but i just don't think any self-respecting coach, will agree to the sale of key players just after winning a major title.

What are you expecting him to do, be less competitive next season? It's just not a reasonable position. I get that you might need to do it for financial reasons, but i do think that has a lot to do with the lack commitment from the owner.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
239 Posts
What have Skriniar and Eriksen won before Conte?

Exactly.

Skriniar could have chosen not to thank Conte, no one forces players to post thanks on their Instagrams. But he did. He doesn’t have to write an essay to show appreciation.

View attachment 73371

If you can't see how the group are fond of Conte then you are a hopeless case.

Oh wait, you didn't watch the matches of your so called team lol, because you chose not to.
Like i said, you're right.

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
If Conte ends up at Real with a 15-20mill contract then that was a significant factor too, moreso than Inter possibly selling 1 or 2 big names... but I wouldn't blame him if he goes to Real, he already proved himself at juve, Chelsea and Inter and an opportunity to coach Real is obviously attractive.

·
Registered
497 Posts
gutted for Inter ngl, I could see them defending their titles in a different world.

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
So Ancelotti returned to Real. Conte will either go to England or have a year off to relax. He can afford it obviously...

·
Registered
18,258 Posts
Hey sure won't take the Everton job and Spurs are the smallest spenders out of the top EPL sides.

I think he'll take a year off

I'm still gutted that we lost him. 💔

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
May be wait for Man U or Arsenal to sack their coaches...

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Why wouldn't it be?

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
Could you link me to those articles providing Conte was unreasonable?
Sorry for late reply. Read too many articles to be able to link you the source. it was a few of the 100's on fcinter1908.it

Seems he is off to spurs. I think that says all about him. This inter side if with one or two sales would still be a better team.

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
I've not seen any big team gutting their squad because of the pandemic. I'm sure there is rebalancing in terms of new investments, but i doubt there are planned sales to offset losses for most big teams.

With all due respect, the curva nord guy is a nobody compared to Conte. He's the guy you should have tried to keep happy, now i know that's a tall order given his track record but i just don't think any self-respecting coach, will agree to the sale of key players just after winning a major title.

What are you expecting him to do, be less competitive next season? It's just not a reasonable position. I get that you might need to do it for financial reasons, but i do think that has a lot to do with the lack commitment from the owner.
Madrid have had a 20% salary cut across all staff. Ancelotti is the first manager under Perez that earns less at Real then he did at his previous job.
All barca' s signings have been free transfers, messi is taking a massive cut with his new contract.
Milan are trying to get a 10million discount from brescia to sign tonali.
All the big spending rumours are psg or the epl clubs.

We did try to keep conte, don beppe had multiple meetings. Couldn't convince him, if can't convince him no one would have. Bergomi believes conte had already decided to leave 6 month's ago.

In normal circumstances I would agree but during a global pandemic one has to be reasonable. Was it impossible to see out your last year of the contract you signed and then see what is what?

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
TOTTENHAM AND CONTE ABANDON TALKS

With Antonio Conte not convinced by the Tottenham Hotspur proposal, it’s now reported the Premier League club has ended talks.

The situation was heading in that direction anyway, with Sky Sport Italia and others in Italy reporting throughout the last couple of days that the coach was increasingly cold on the idea.

He had left Inter by terminating his contract by mutual consent because he wanted more investment on the transfer market and for none of his title-winning squad to be sold, something the club could not guarantee.

Tottenham aren’t in a much more solid scenario either and Conte was afraid Harry Kane would be sold, badly weakening what was already not a strong group.

He also wanted a considerably higher salary package than was being offered, with a difference of circa €3m, according to Sky Sport Italia, and for more than four members of his staff to be brought in.

This evening, The Telegraph report that Tottenham have realised this is going nowhere and decided to pull the plug on negotiations.

Nonetheless, Sky Sport Italia, Sportitalia and more are confident Spurs will sign former Juventus director Fabio Paratici over the next few days.

---

Looks like Conte will be on vacation for a season.

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
CONTE: ‘MY PROJECT AT INTER NEVER CHANGED…’
Antonio Conte celebrates the Scudetto with his backroom team

Antonio Conte hit back at Inter President Steven Zhang, Massimo Moratti and his critics after walking away from the Nerazzurri. ‘My project never changed. I earn a lot, but I earn clubs even more money.’

The tactician broke his silence in a lengthy interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport after terminating his contract with Inter by mutual consent, largely because the club had to cut costs both on the market and in terms of wages.

“I did feel sad just days after celebrating the Scudetto, but that was immediately replaced by the enormous satisfaction of meeting fans who showed their affection, respect and gratitude. Their ‘Thanks Mister’ is worth as much as a Scudetto to me,” said Conte.

“It’s when people realise what we achieved, how much effort and dedication I put into it over the years, the enormous work we did to take the club, team and fans where they deserve to be. I gave everything and the fans know that.”

Yet Conte was criticised by both current Inter President Steven Zhang and former patron Massimo Moratti for seemingly running away from a challenge during the club’s time of need.

“I won’t deny, I was surprised and upset by Moratti’s words, but we spoke on the phone and he apologised for the phrases that didn’t reflect his real thoughts. Anyone who knows me realises how much I care about every club that I represent. I dedicate myself heart and soul.

“Wherever I have been, I’ve built squads that win, laying the foundations for future work. Some coaches leave teams with champions who have been squeezed dry, whereas I always left with young players who improved and gained in value on the transfer market. A unified group with a winning mentality, something you cannot buy, because it’s all in the detail and the daily work. I am demanding with everyone, but above all with myself. I don’t play to take part. I play to win. That’s why clubs call me.

“Everyone expects victories with me on the bench and the evaluation of a side changes in my presence. I accept that, I know it’s my responsibility. Winning is very difficult, but following that up and winning again is even harder.”

Conte also rejects the idea he is such a stressful presence that he cannot last more than two or three years with any team.

“It’d be too easy to say if someone feels stressed at this level, it’s just because they are called to give their best and evidently either got lazy or didn’t deserve to be there in the first place.”

The negotiations with Tottenham Hotspur collapsed partly due to his salary demands, partly for his insistence on massive investment in the transfer market.

“I earn a lot, but I earn clubs even more money. If I was obsessed with money, I would’ve stayed where I was in the past and accepted compromises, but instead I look at the project and am prepared to stay at home if they are unconvincing. It’s a matter of vision, professionalism and intellectual honesty, principles I will not walk away from.

“I like challenges and if you look at even the big clubs where I worked, they never started out as favourites when I took over.”

President Zhang confessed after replacing Conte with Simone Inzaghi that the coach no longer shared the same ideas, as what was not fundamental for him, was fundamental for the club.

“My project never changed,” replied Conte. “I don’t want to stir up controversy on the market or anything else. I respect President Zhang, I thank him for choosing me, I care about Inter, the team and the fans, so I wish Simone Inzaghi all the best. He is a good, capable, ambitious coach and I wish the Nerazzurri the utmost success.”

There was one final swipe at his critics after the Scudetto triumph, Inter’s first in 10 years.

“It’s an ugly habit in Italy, we want excellence and then destroy it. Everyone talks, judges and points the finger. Perhaps it’s because mediocrity brings everyone closer together, but I refute and fight that idea.”

---

Good interview, respectful.

Anyhow it's his professional choice, I don't hate him for it. I am glad he got us back to winning ways.

221 - 240 of 241 Posts