Xtratime Community banner

201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
I don't give a shit about winning a stupid argument, anyhow each to his own. Conte is the past now, time to turn the page. Who will do the Simone Inzaghi thread?

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
...But before turning the page it's only fair to post more players' reactions. Very clear how they loved Conte, or 'Cunte' like some geniuses prefer to call him...

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
If the rumors are true that Inter were going to sell a few major players then this is the one time i can't fault Conte for leaving. He just won the league and then you tell him you're going to downside the squad? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Again, we need to prevent these low rent foreign owners from buying Italian clubs, they can't stomach the investments required to keep them competitive.

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
What have Skriniar and Eriksen won before Conte?

Exactly.

Skriniar could have chosen not to thank Conte, no one forces players to post thanks on their Instagrams. But he did. He doesn’t have to write an essay to show appreciation.

If you can't see how the group are fond of Conte then you are a hopeless case.

Oh wait, you didn't watch the matches of your so called team lol, because you chose not to.

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Funny how suddenly you have a lot of free time from your busy life and hectic working hours to post, after Conte left. Must be a mere coincidence of course.

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·

Grazie Conte.

Imagine he goes to Real and we draw him next season in CL.

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Couldn't help but notice that since the failed De Boer experiment, Suning have only hired Italian coaches.

·
Registered
64,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
I can't see it and I doubt anyone else can either. First, he will only look at clubs that would be in the 1st tier of the ESL. Second, his salary demands are too high. Third, the budget - if the club can't maintain for Conte, there's no way they can provide for Zidane.

I also don't think Zidane would do so well with resources that are limited compared to the biggest clubs. And now that our resources will be much more limited compared to what we ourselves had in the last couple of seasons...
I heard on an Egyptian radio sports program that Zidane is going to PSG if Pochettino returns to Spurs

Zidane at PSG would be the final missing piece for CL imo.

Btw, with the way things are going, I'll call it right now: Not counting the Super Cup, I guarantee I'll eat my shorts if we win any trophy next season.

Book it.
Would it be a tragedy if we don't win anything next season? Slight disappointment, but I am just glad we ended our drought and the juve domination. If #20 doesn't arrive in 2022 I am willing to wait a bit for it... I am still fairly young :D

Honestly I would be content with last 16 in CL, winning Supercoppa or Coppa and top 4 in Serie A

·
Registered
18,258 Posts
Wtf red I thought you were against Inzaghi coming? Even calling him a nobody? Now it's a relief and you are thankful?

This will please De Vrij.

But I guess Vecino will be kicked out lol.
I just didn't like the idea of Conte leaving.

Inzaghi is a good coach who has won trophies with very limited resources.

The other options (besides Allegri) were abysmal.

If we can retain one of Lukaku/Lautaro, and then keep Hakimi, Barella, Bastoni, De Vrij, Skriniar then I think we can finish top 3 (which is fine). By next year Suning will hopefully have sold the club and we can add new signings and compete for the Scudetto and CL.

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
After we couldn't get max simone was the safest option. If Don Beppe can keep the core mostly in place then we will do ok.

Conte is one crazy man. Every time something isn't 100% to his liking he run for the hills.

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
If the rumors are true that Inter were going to sell a few major players then this is the one time i can't fault Conte for leaving. He just won the league and then you tell him you're going to downside the squad? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Again, we need to prevent these low rent foreign owners from buying Italian clubs, they can't stomach the investments required to keep them competitive.
There is the issue that Inter didn't receive our usual 80 million euro from gate receipt this season due to the pandemic. Was well explained by beppe marotta. The club isn't planning to dismantle the whole team but one sacrifice likely must be made due to the circumstances.

What conte wanted is the promise kept before the pandemic hit, of no core players sold and big reinforcements. No club except for the epl and oil clubs can keep this promise. He is delusional.

If the curva nord leader can except the explanations given to them by Don Beppe then one has to wonder what planet conte lives on.

Doesn't mean sunning doen't have blame as well. They should have sold to BCN partners earlier this year.

·
Registered
46,849 Posts
Conte is one crazy man. Every time something isn't 100% to his liking he run for the hills.
I'm going to flat-out disagree with this in this instance. It sounds like sour grapes since Conte's leaving.

Conte may be more animated and vocal than others but tell me that most other top tier coaches would not take the same action in the circumstances, where the ability to compete and/or improve is seriously affected?

Mourinho wouldn't stay. Was it just a coincidence that he took off when it emerged that we had to dramatically slash our spending after the Treble? Do you think Pep would stay at a club if it declared it needed to sell key players and slash spending? Zidane? How attractive do you think the club becomes to top coaches in these circumstances?

We won't know the extent of things until, say, the Jan market. But by all accounts, Conte wanted to stay. He wanted to reach an agreement with management. Mourinho didn't and yet none of us hold it against him. Why? Well, some fans would say it's because Mourinho spent enough time and won everything. That's true...but in Conte's case, the circumstances changed before he had a chance to do that.

Ftr, if all that needed to happen was the sale of 1 big player and other smaller players and that proceeds could be used to buy other players to stay economical, I don't think Conte would have any problem with that. In fact, he created a list of 6 "untouchables" didn't he? It seems pretty clear that the club could not commit to what it was saying outwardly and that Conte was prepared to bend - quite reasonably - to something that isn't anywhere near "100% to his liking".

·
Registered
18,258 Posts
Ftr, if all that needed to happen was the sale of 1 big player and other smaller players and that proceeds could be used to buy other players to stay economical, I don't think Conte would have any problem with that. In fact, he created a list of 6 "untouchables" didn't he? It seems pretty clear that the club could not commit to what it was saying outwardly and that Conte was prepared to bend - quite reasonably - to something that isn't anywhere near "100% to his liking".
This is why I honestly think Conte was told 2 first-team players are being sold - probably Lautaro and Hakimi. I'm guessing the only 'signings' permitted will be Salcedo, Esposito, Agoume and Dimarco, i.e. players we already own.

I will be surprised if Inzaghi is allowed to spend a single cent.

All revenue will go towards back-paying wages (this is why Eriksen, Vidal, Perisic and Sanchez MUST go) or financing the Oaktree loan so that we don't get "Elliotted" by them.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
18,258 Posts
Very sorry to see Pirlo go BTW 😢 😢 😢

·
Registered
46,849 Posts
The biggest thing about all this is that Marotta is staying. He's absolutely essential. There's a new challenge here and he knows how to steady the ship and ride it out. And he knows how to mediate between parties, etc. With the potential avalanche that could have occurred, for me, retaining Marotta is the greatest victory.

As for Inzaghi, Conte can't stay and see his masterpiece dismantled before his eyes and we can't get a Pep. Simone is a top choice in the category of coaches who fit our new situation and it's right that we looked at him instantly.

·
Registered
18,258 Posts
With the potential avalanche that could have occurred, for me, retaining Marotta is the greatest victory.
Agree completely

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
I'm going to flat-out disagree with this in this instance. It sounds like sour grapes since Conte's leaving.

Conte may be more animated and vocal than others but tell me that most other top tier coaches would not take the same action in the circumstances, where the ability to compete and/or improve is seriously affected?

Mourinho wouldn't stay. Was it just a coincidence that he took off when it emerged that we had to dramatically slash our spending after the Treble? Do you think Pep would stay at a club if it declared it needed to sell key players and slash spending? Zidane? How attractive do you think the club becomes to top coaches in these circumstances?

We won't know the extent of things until, say, the Jan market. But by all accounts, Conte wanted to stay. He wanted to reach an agreement with management. Mourinho didn't and yet none of us hold it against him. Why? Well, some fans would say it's because Mourinho spent enough time and won everything. That's true...but in Conte's case, the circumstances changed before he had a chance to do that.

We will only 100% know the truth when the current mercato is done.

The mou circumstances are different with the global pandemic having completely changed things. In these times you need to be understanding. From all accounts I have read conte was unwilling to be understanding. He wanted what was promised to him prior to the pandemic. He also didn't want to face the pressure of having to win from the fanss & media if he can't reinforce.

The inter situation is bad but we are not along with this issue. All of the spanish and italian clubs are talking about cutting costs and austerity. These clubs do not have the epl tv deal or oil money so without the gate receipts are in world of hurt.

·
Registered
46,849 Posts
Yes, we'll only see the extent later...I think things will be clear by Jan. And yes, we need to appreciate the financial situation too.

Which are the accounts which say that Conte was unwilling to be understanding? From what I've read, from what has been posted here and elsewhere, we see that Conte was NOT against the sale of players. He was NOT against being more economical. He provided a list of just 6 players he wanted to keep at all costs...by logic, that allows for other players to be sold and cash to be generated. The players aside from those 6 aren't exactly cheap players, unimportant players or scrubs either. To me, that doesn't sound like someone unwilling to be understanding. Unless "understanding" only means dropping ambitions, allowing what you've built to be dismantled, etc.

On the other hand, the club's plans according to reports are nebulous at best. We're told 1 big player will be sold, max. Then maybe 2. Then maybe not even limited to that. As for the non-big players, we're told that a number could leave...not limited to just Kolarov, Vidal, Sanchez, Vecino, D'Ambrosio. If the club can't make or hasn't made itself clear as to its intentions, how do you then blame Conte for not accepting?

Even then, unlike others, he didn't just up and leave as others would and have done. He looked for the meeting, wanted clarity. As a top coach and as someone who built a team of champions, is he not entitled to that?

Calling him "crazy", labeling him as someone unreasonable, fickle and someone who can't commit to anything...this flies in the face of the reports we've been seeing across the board. It simply doesn't jive or mesh at all with the vast majority of reports. Maybe thinking this way is a coping mechanism - it makes some fans feel better about the situation..."if the coach leaves, fvck him, he didn't have the right qualities anyway". To do this though, you have to disregard a lot, you have to be wilfully blind to a lot. We can simultaneously back the club and be objective about what has happened.

·
Registered
46,849 Posts
A great way to look at this is using Marotta's managerial distinction: managers/personalities (like Conte, Jose, Pep) vs "corporate" managers.

Atm, because of our financial situation, we need a corporate manager, with a fair amount of "yes man". The top level, pure managers with like Mourinho and Conte aren't suited to our situation, simply because they can no longer execute what they were hired to do, i.e. with promised resources, create, develop and execute at a top level.

If they accepted the new circumstances and changed their goals and finished 4th or 5th, even if this is overachieving given the available resources, they will find their personal brands being devalued and would likely find themselves inadvertently migrating into the corporate manager category. A great example of this kind of migration is Mr Wenger...and you know the story there.

As such, if our resources (and by corollary, ambitions) fundamentally change, then we should not look at Conte or Jose or Pep. While they could do a great job in theory, the fact they aren't corporate managers means there is a likelihood of conflict. So take in the corporate manager, who can hopefully outperform all expectations, and ride this out until we have the resources to revert to a pure manager/personality.

201 - 220 of 241 Posts