Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
64,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excellent news. Stability is important. Especially when the new season starts in a few weeks.

·
Registered
18,270 Posts
Bad news for Skriniar and Eriksen....

·
Registered
64,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now announce Kante and Messi :D please.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
18,270 Posts
Anyway, at least now Hakimi will be used properly, along with Bastoni.

I would imagine Kumbulla will be signed now after all.

Skriniar surely will be sold, maybe in a swap with Ndombele.

Lautaro will no doubt stay

·
Registered
18,270 Posts

·
Registered
18,270 Posts
And I do think a switch to Allegri could have hurt us badly......

·
Registered
64,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't mind Ndombele, he was highly rated at Lyon but Spurs in general had a difficult season.

Yes Kumbulla should certainly arrive now. With him and Bastoni we would have quite a young defence (de vrij in the middle)

I read that Barca don't want Suarez. If they give us say 50mill and Suarez then Lautaro can go. Suarez-Lukaku would be excellent. Suarez is not finished, just see how he toyed with Bayern defence in second Barca goal.

Pinamonti as 4th choice, ok, but hopefully someone more proven like Giroud arrives.

With Conte we had our best season since 10-11. juve hired a rookie and more importantly lost experienced champions like Orsato and Rocchi so we have a better chance next season.

·
Registered
47,554 Posts
So Conte has obtained what he wanted. I don't like the coaches (and the players) who behave like him. That kind of behavior is not respectful towards the club and the supporters. In another situation I would wish him to fail completely and be sacked, but I want Inter to win the scudetto and break "the shameful streak" so I won't.

·
Registered
64,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sky Sport Italia claims both sporting director Piero Ausilio and CEO Beppe Marotta will stay put and continue working for the Nerazzurri.

---

Bene..

·
Registered
64,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So Conte has obtained what he wanted. I don't like the coaches (and the players) who behave like him. That kind of behavior is not respectful towards the club and the supporters. In another situation I would wish him to fail completely and be sacked, but I want Inter to win the scudetto so I won't.
If what Conte wants is to improve the team to win trophies then I don't have a problem with that. That is for the good of Inter.

If he wants more protection for his private life it's his right.

We don't know if he asked for a raise or not but yeah if he did that would be greedy.

·
Registered
18,270 Posts
I wouldn't mind Ndombele, he was highly rated at Lyon but Spurs in general had a difficult season.
Also not a defensive midfielder but rather a two-way midfielder. A bit like Tonali, except shorter and with zero Serie A experience, while being a proven EPL flop. :sneaky:

I agree that Kante makes sense given his pedigree and defensive ability, but not Ndombele.

·
Registered
18,270 Posts
Yes, if Conte's requests were :

a) Inter have to protect his private life

and

b) some investment is needed in the transfer market

then I fully support that

I just feel for Skriniar and Eriksen, who will either warm the bench or be sold...

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
64,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can't win just with 11 starters anyhow. There are plenty of matches and I believe the 5 subs thing applies next season too so there is enough space for backups.

·
Registered
46,918 Posts
I got my wish!

Really happy that Conte is staying.

Very pleased that Steven Zhang kept a cool head and approached this calmly. Marotta once again shows that he really knows how to handle things.

·
Registered
34,220 Posts
"together on the Club's project"

Donald J Trump capitalization right there. :)

·
Registered
34,220 Posts
Would Kante really go to Serie A at this point? Even Juve have a hard time attracting players from top EPL clubs unless the player is a bit out of favour or something.

·
Registered
64,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's not impossible.

·
Registered
47,554 Posts
Marotta once again shows that he really knows how to handle things.
yeah, he has had a lot of shit to handle throughout his career. And a lot of shit was thrown at him, but in Italy we say "il tempo è gentiluomo" and "time" has indeed been "a gentleman". I remember when he brought Cassano to Sampdoria, an excellent operation both for Cassano and Sampdoria. Too bad that in the long term Cassano became a loose cannon. Marotta wanted to sell him to Fiorentina during the winter transfer campaign of that formidable season which was 2009/2010, but Riccardo Garrone chose to keep Cassano, who obviously started his personal "feud" with Marotta, the way you know (see Stramaccioni, Donadoni, Galliani, Capello, Mazzarri etc.etc.). Marotta left for Juventus at the end of the season, which was a success anyway. THE success of Sampdoria and of the same Cassano. Too bad that few months after the glorious end of the season Cassano ruined everything and proved Marotta right, by insulting the owner of Sampdoria, the same Riccardo Garrone who had chosen Cassano over Marotta less than a year before.
Many supporters of Sampdoria have belittled the achievements of Marotta. I have read comments of the supporters of Sampdoria pretending that "Marotta brought the total wages to an exaggerated level" or that "he must thank Riccardo Garrone for the huge investments". Right the contrary, while total wages were indeed high, Marotta brought a lot of players for peanuts (like the same Cassano) or even on a free. The season after he left, Sampdoria were eliminated in the CL preliminary round and were relegated to serie B!
Similarly, I have also heard supporters of Juventus who pretended that "Marotta would be nothing without Paratici and Nedved". It looks like a pair of seasons of Paratici and Nedved without Marotta have already changed their opinions!

·
Registered
15,834 Posts
Sky Sport Italia claims both sporting director Piero Ausilio and CEO Beppe Marotta will stay put and continue working for the Nerazzurri.

---

Bene..
Marotta has officially changed his name to M'Beppe Marotta to try to lure Kylian M'Bappe'. Heard it here first.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts