Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was thought that it was all over after the final whitles at Udine and Rome. With the Juve celebrations for the 26° Scudetto and Inter's understandable delusion. Instead a battle carries on and that everyone, today, hopes to end. Between Marco Materazzi and Antonio Conte.

All started by Inter's defender the day after the end of the championship. An interview at the Perugia match of two years ago came out (Materazzi was the captain at the time) and a not so nice statement referred to the Juve midfielder. Who, in fact, didn't wait to answer back, today, to his collegue: "When on Sunday, at Udine, I was talking about someone in Perugia I wasn't thinking of Mazzone.

He beat us on the field and that's that. Instead I was referring to Materazzi. After that match we didn't say a word, while he showed little respect, saying that he also won the title with Lazio. I have alot of respect for Ronaldo's tears, those of his team-mates and their fans, but not for his. I hope that he learnt a lesson".

Conte then reminds Materazzi to what it means to be a Juve's captain: "I'd like to remind him that to be captain, it doesn't mean only to wear the colours. To be captain means you have to be a man, especially in life, and so I feel to always be the captain". Finally, a touch of irony: "To finish I'd like to answer Materazzi's comment who advised me to buy a new wig with the Title prize money. I'd like to remind him that there are more advanced possibilities, as hair transplant, while not for the brain at the moment. Otherwise I would have spent the money, even if it wouldn't be enough!".

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Yeah yeah whatever, the media always likes to blow everything up. Why don't they call each other on the phone next time? :groan:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts