Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A great cypriot player succeeding in
serie A????
I think Nasa will even reach Pluto faster then a cypriot being a big hit in serie A.
sorry..............

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do u know that a great Cypriot player is under negotiations with Olympiakos Panathinaikos and AEK Athens. His name is Michalis Constantinou and he is just 22.
He is tall taugh guy and a brilliant striker. He reminds me Vieri and I want to inform the supporters of Lazio to pay attention at him before he will sign for a big greek team. Olympiakos needs him to replace Zahovitch.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Does his nationality matter Scream? Konstadinou is really great and he CAN succeed in Seria A.Trust me he has everything a modern striker needs and he is young (21).

Mylonas,none of there three clubs will get him because Iraklis will keep him.PAOK had also entered the race but Panathinaikos,AEK and PAOK were simply put off by the price tag slapped on him by Iraklis.Also Zahovic is a midfielder and Konstadinou a striker,so Zahovic's replacement will probably be Juninho.

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amoroso,

I'm not judging this player just because he is a cypriot. To succeed in Serie A, -the toughest league in the world- it is not just quality what makes players succeed.
As a cypriot he will find it very hard cuz all cypriot press will follow him day and night. The whole serie A (fans and teams) will laugh at him cuz he is a cypriot playing in serie A. As far as I know knowbody from Cypres (Hill) has ever succeeded in Serie A. So mentally this guy should also be very strong. And for players from small 'footballing' countries like Cypres a gradually improving career is most likely so a jump from small greek club to serie A seems to big.

So if he wants to succeed I think he should first go to a topclub in Greece , then a smaller team in serie A and then if he is good enough he is capable of playing for one of serie top 7 teams.

[This message has been edited by Scream_675 (edited 30-05-2000).]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
This is SO bull**** scream...truelly lame.I dont say that the guy is as good as Vieri now buy do you think that a player a Seria A team picked from an african country and does good means he is "mentaly strong"? crap crap crap.Fotball is played wityh talent,and Kosntadinou has plenty.

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Nakata made it. I doubt the pressure from Cyprus could even be compared with the pressure Nakata has to deal with from his native country. Why would we laugh at a player from Cyprus? Once again I must compare with Nakata. Asians are smaller and look different than europeans and I know for a fact that many people laughed at the idea of asians in Serie A. A player from Cyprus look like a player from southern Europe. So why would we laugh at him?

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Scream, I think you touched Amo's sensitive side! ;)

Its the same as calling Kluivert is crap for us Dutch, but hey, alot actually think that! :(
Dont talk that way just concerning one's nationality, it isnt right to prejudice that, there are alot of examples which misplace your reaction.
Not any that I can think up at this moment.

I agree on Amo, though I have never seen Constantinou play ever, who knows, in the near future.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts