Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading some intresting thoughts on the unimaginable semi-finalist spot given to South Korea, I invite fellow members to make a summary of possible reasons for a conspiracy done by who, for who, and for what reasons.
I'll begin:

I believe that FIFA after noticing how shamefuly empty and dull most stadiums were during the majority of the matches, saw in South Korea's matches the only crowds that gave a true world cup environment. So for the sake of their image they decided to give a helping hand to Korea so that this illusion might last as long as possible. It's true, they must have realized by now what a tremendous buissness mistake it was to host a joint WC in the most far away place in the planet from traditional footballing countrie's. It was simply impossible to expect the middle class fans from America and Europe to make the voyage and cheer for their country. So the only public left to cheer in true WC class are the host. Which of the 2 hosts had the best crowd?Korea, thats why Japan didn't get any help, it would have been to fishy to help both hosts.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Get more PPL at the stadiums, but at the same time let all the europeans broadcasters, the life-line of FIFA, lose millions in revenue?;) no way:) You'll have to come up with something better.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
You should write thrillers. John Grisham's imagination is nothing compared tio yours. :rolleyes: :D

I mean grow up people. TheKoreans kicked European butt, because (1) they were lucky, (2) they have been really preparing for this and we weren't (3) they have talent in their well organised team.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
and (4) because they are not arrogants who think the final rounds of the WC are reserved for them because they are "Spain/Italy/Germany/Brazil/Argentina"

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah and by the way, this is not a thread to discuss whether there was a conspiracy or not, or to say that Korea or whomever, deserves to be where they are or not. This is a thread to write reasons for their to be a conspiracy, no matter how outrageous, in this as in any other world cups.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I'm not a proponent of the conspiracy theory;), i just believe too many things were absolutely wrong on this WC.

None has resereved place in the semis, Croatia proved that last time. Heck, not even place at the WC is guaranteed (Holland & Yugoslavia come to mind). But Croatia got to the semis on their own effort, Yugoslavia & holland failed and have none to blame for it but themselves.

Although i cheris the fact that this WC brought about so many surprises and brought to light that even the "small" can play the game on the equal level with "big", Refereeing was a disgrace, to say at least.

The most precious commodity in the world of football is the goal. The team that scores more goals wins. On this WC i saw that this commodity can be taken a way with a blow of the whistle, just like that. And i saw that this can happen too many times for a dedicated football fan to bear. It provided fertile ground for all sorts of conspiracy theories and this WC in the minds of many will be tainted with suspicion.

and thats the biggest failure of this WC.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Is the empty stadium problem not largely due to FIFA arsing up the ticket sales?

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
Personally, I think the Freemasons are behind it all...:rolleyes: :D

RIO

·
Registered
470 Posts
RIO said:
Personally, I think the Freemasons are behind it all...:rolleyes: :D

RIO
...also CIA (by their mind control programs like MK-Ultra, MK-Delta of course), FBI, MI5, MI6, The Learned Elder of Zion, Aliens, The Illuminati, The Bilderberg, Trilateral Commission, Opus Dei...Am I miss somthing?:D

·
Registered
470 Posts
Giant Lizards, International Bankers, The New World Order and Big Joao: An Expose by Matthew Monk

(Form http://www.worldcuparchive.com/)

It was an innocuous site for such an important meeting. Buried deep in the heart of the peaceful Swiss countryside lies a huge, ornate chateau. It is an exclusive place, twenty kilometres from the nearest town. Standing at the centre of 700 hectares of Swiss meadow, encompassed by thousands of birch trees and kilometres of three metre thick walls, it is the perfect place to do things in private. And privacy is what these men - and their lizard masters - wanted.

Soon after Seven, on a warm spring morning the Hyundai cars started to roll down the impressively maintained main drive well out of the reach of any media presence. Such caution was hardly needed - this meeting was so secret that barely five people knew what was really going on. Was it an exclusive golf holiday, as it had said on the invitations, or was something else going on? Surely those guys in yellow uniforms couldn't be the caddies could they? Why were they carrying machine guns and what did that big J on their backs mean?

After thirty minutes all the guests had arrived. Each car had carried one person only, all of whom had only received their invitations twenty-four hours before. They had all flown in aboard a fleet of Arabian registered jets, crewed by this same mysterious J-Force. Strangely all these armed men appeared to look the same - could they be clones? They were all tall and blonde, with the physiques of water polo players. They all spoke perfect Portuguese, Spanish, French, English and - strangely - Korean in the clipped tones of a Belgian-Brazilian. What was going on?

One by one the guests were ushered individually into anterooms. No one was allowed to mix before the meeting started, and to ensure no one was tempted to investigate too closely, a member of J-Force and a small shifty looking Swiss man in an expensive suit (again all identical) were placed by every door. Silence reigned over the chateau until a whistle blew at exactly 8 am. It was a shrill blast, blown by a master whistler. Who could have done that so expertly wondered the assembled guests? They were quickly to find out.

One by one the guests filed in to a large conference room. At the head of the table stood the Big Man. By his side stood a familiar bald figure, dressed in a yellow referee's costume, a whistle in his hand. Seated a little further to the left sat The Protégé, a colouring book and some nice crayons on the table in front of him. The Big Man looked on happily - but sternly - as the industrialists, bankers, TV moguls and power brokers made their way into the room.

It was a veritable who's who of the Western capitalist system and military-industrial complex. For the first time the guests saw each other. The German TV magnate was sat next to the American diplomat. Across from them sat an Australian newspaper tycoon. Several merchant bankers sat dotted around the impressive oak table, representing all the major Wall Street financial houses. Mr T took his customary place opposite the Big Man at the far end of the table. Even Elvis had turned up.

They all sat, and toyed with their adidas referee's pencils and black notebooks. The Protégé rose and asked if he could go to the toilet - the Big Man scowled, and started to speak.

"Gentlemen," he started in a low booming tone. "I have brought you all here for one reason, and one reason only - we are going to finalise our plans for Operation Korea!" A huge cheer broke out - led as always by the elegant Frenchman who was practising free kicks in the corner. "On behalf of my nation" announced a certain Dr C, "I thank you - we will be happy World Champions."

The Big Man looked on happily. His plan was now afoot. Korea, his first, true and only love would finally be rewarded. He stood to take the adulation of his people. Another cheer rose from around the polished table. Then the door opened again. In staggered a man even older than the Big Man. As he stumbled and fell towards the table the assembled Executives gasped. He stopped, and aided by Mr T, started to speak in his tough Glaswegian-New Zealand accent. "Ere, Joâo," he shouted, "when are all them lizards going to finish sewing together them footballs?" The Protégé looked on at peace with himself - it had been a hard task, and it had taken him the best years of his life to accomplish it, but finally, he had finished colouring in his house.

Unfortunately for everyone in Poland, Portugal, Italy and Spain, this meting did not really take place. Now maybe FIFA does have a private army of Joâo clones dressed in Brasil shirts hidden away somewhere, but even I don't believe that they have set out to deliberately let Korea win the World Cup. FIFA is riddled with corruption, and the sleaze reaches out to infect all corners of the organisation, but the conspiracy theories being thought up all across the globe are far fetched even by the standards of the crazies thinking them up.

I simply cannot believe that FIFA have sat down and deliberately encouraged countless match officials to cheat on behalf of Korea, regardless of whether they are co-hosting the tournament or not. Now I am not saying that people within FIFA would never think of doing this - they allowed 1978 to be bought after all - but before too many of you start believing what is being said, think a little bit about the accusations.

First we are asked to believe that FIFA has chosen Korea to win the World Cup. Now that simply does not make any sense. Korea may be hosting this tournament, but it is hardly a country that sets the global agenda. If these results were happening in favour of the USA or China, then we could be getting somewhere, but Korea?

Not only is Korea too small in global terms to fit this profile of FIFA favourite, they have been anything but helpful to FIFA over the years. FIFA - and Big Joâo in particular - wanted Japan to host this tournament single-handedly. Japan provides a number of FIFA sponsors - JVC, Canon, Xerox, Fuji Film, Dentsu - and also has one of the biggest TV markets in the world. It's national team wear adidas (another main FIFA sponsor) while Korea wear Nike. Of the two co-hosts FIFA would want Japan to win first, and Korea a distant second.

On top of this we have to believe that FIFA have specially selected a group of totally corrupt match officials to take charge of Korean games only. And when these officials are not at Korea games they revert back to normal life. How are FIFA going to keep that secret? Unless you believe that they have cloned five sets of referees and assistants to replace the ones they have gotten rid of - obviously in some hideous way - then you have to accept that on match day the atmosphere has been too much for them, as has the pressure of officiating at the World Cup in front of billions of viewers. And they got things wrong.

They have not set out to cheat, have no hidden agenda against teams that border the Mediterranean (unless of course Sepp got stung by a jellyfish while sunning himself in Benidorm, you never know?) and there is no conspiracy. Portugal peaked two years early, collapsed under the weight of expectation and were in big trouble long before the Korea game. Even admirers of Portugal like me have to admit that Finland demolished them in the spring, and unless that was a big conspiracy as well, the signs were all there to be seen.

What about Italy and Spain, you say? They had perfectly legitimate goals disallowed against Korea. I concur, but they also missed chance after chance that would have killed Korea off. If there is a conspiracy then Vieri, Totti, Del Piero, Joaquin, Morientes and Hierro are in on it, how else can you explain their misses? I agree that Spain were the better team today, and that Korea were lucky to avoid a two or three goal defeat, and of course the goals should have stood, and the final penalty should have been taken again, but was all this decided before the match? Was the assistant told to disallow any goal scored by Spain in extra time? Was the referee told to let the Korean keeper advance off his line? Or were they mistakes?

I feel sorry for any European team that goes out - yes even Italy - but Korea have just thrived on the atmosphere their fans have generated, and Guus Hiddink has turned them into a great team in next to no time. Individually Korea has no player to match Helguera, Raul, Vieri or Maldini, but as a team they can match almost any side in this tournament, at least for seventy minutes. Had Vieri or Morientes taken their chances no one would be talking about conspiracies now, and Korea would be out like Japan.

Instead they have gone through to the semi finals, just like Chile and Sweden have done before them when hosting the tournament. Sweden even made the final - was that a conspiracy as well? FIFA do not help themselves, because they have allowed at least one World Cup to be bought already, but that was 1978 in a military dictatorship where opponents and whistle-blowers were assassinated. If there was a conspiracy in 2002 then surely some evidence would have slipped out to prove it. And no, the ropey decisions are not such proof. Conspiracies need organising, meetings have to be held, documents created. Without a paper trail there is no conspiracy. Nixon was caught out by it in 1973, and proof of Argentina's bribery has come to light since 1978. But unless someone comes up with something to show Korea has been aided illegally, we should all get on with the football.

Unless of course, FIFA has got to me...

·
Registered
470 Posts
On the other hand...

FIFA's credibility in question by Pierre Boisrond

(From http://www.worldcuparchive.com/)

This World Cup has been tainted by some of the referees. It is indeed a very sad situation. It is sad because it destroys the fans¡¦ hope, the players and sends and an entire country in total frustration capitalized by a terrible depression. Finally, the game suffers. Well if the game does suffer, then we must say that FIFA has no credibility.

No one asks referees to be perfect, however there are three judges on the field that continue to make lousy mistakes that cost many teams the opportunity to advance. We do understand that referees are humans, but missing so many calls really disturbs the fans. FIFA must do something about that to restore some sort of fairness into the games. At this point, there¡¦s no credibility in this World Cup. This matter proves to be very delicate, and actions must be taken to rectify this sort of injustice.

Since 1990, we have seen the disaster caused by Codesal. Or we can recall the Hand of God scenario as well. We have seen the same behavior over and over again. It is time for it to stop. It must stop for the betterment of the game. We expect mistakes from the referees, but continuing to have those mistakes in almost every game only shows the referee and the linesmen do not take their jobs seriously. We, as columnists, must voice our opinions so FIFA could take actions to rectifying these unjustifiable decisions caused by the referees. FIFA must have the courage to admit when a referee is wrong. The rules of the game cannot continue to be applied in a unilateral manner; they must also be bilaterally applied. By that I mean, the same way that players are held accountable during the game, referees have must be held accountable. Let¡¦s make the game equitable for both sides.

We have seen it all in this World Cup. There¡¦s no need for me to mention in a case by case the injustice suffered by Turkey, Italy, Mexico, Belgium, USA and Spain. Those of us who have followed the World Cup understand where I am coming from. We all know that the game is not fair. We all know that the best team is not always the winner. But, it is better to lose in a good officiating game rather than to think that the referee and its partners handed the game to the other opponent.

Most of the times, we don¡¦t want to question a referee¡¦s decision. However, after so many mistakes by the officiating crew in this World Cup, we cannot close our eyes after several teams and fans feel betrayed by FIFA. FIFA is truly responsible for this travesty. Sometimes, we tend to go after the referee when really, we should have blasted FIFA and Blatter. The game cannot continue in such fashion. If this continues, many teams will boycott the games. The World Cup is the world¡¦s biggest tournament and it must be directed under the fair rules of the game. Let¡¦s make it equitable for every side. Let¡¦s not play 90 minutes or 120 minutes in vain. The bogus calls and non-calls made by the referee definitely demoralize the players. Now the pressure is on FIFA to do something about it because there are some referees in this World Cup who should have not even been there. However, this is a very delicate matter that definitely needs to be carefully reviewed.

We can only blame FIFA for bringing these referees who seem to be the every team¡¦s biggest nightmares. The guidelines for selecting officiating crews must be amended. Now FIFA and Blatter must act on these matters. If not, the World Cup will be considered as a tainted tournament not the world's biggest tournament. Let¡¦s hope that the semi-finals and the final game will be judged fairly for both sides. We can only hope! No matter what, we have to say that Korea/Japan 2002 has been tainted by the judges of the game. This is very sad! Indeed this is a travesty that we hope to be rectified in Germany 2006.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
See, thats what I was looking for, just poke fun at the VERY SAD situation that this wc is going thru. "What man doesn't understand he assumes". We can't understand how a previously mediocre team from football weak asia could kill 3 of the top 10 teams in the world according to Fifa ranking, so we assume they cheated. It's not the Korean's fault FIFA has appointed weak and incompetent referees for these matches.

I still think that Osama Bin Laden might be involved...........:D :eek: :howler:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i dont think its a conspiracy theory
i think its just poor refs.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Every World Cup Ever played must be also under the same Theory ....
1962 Chile ... Third Spot Gratefully arranged for the Host Chile to attain.
1966 England/Pre arranged for the Brittons to Win it.
1978 Argentina ... Argentina-Peru the FIXED game !!!!!
1998 France...Pre arranged for the Hosts to Win it .

Etc, etc, etc ....

BS All of It !!!! :mute:

·
Registered
47,277 Posts
colocolo said:
Every World Cup Ever played must be also under the same Theory ....
1962 Chile ... Third Spot Gratefully arranged for the Host Chile to attain.
1966 England/Pre arranged for the Brittons to Win it.
1978 Argentina ... Argentina-Peru the FIXED game !!!!!
1998 France...Pre arranged for the Hosts to Win it .

Etc, etc, etc ....

BS All of It !!!! :mute:
There was an Englishman who added Italy 1990 to this list (lordmarcus or something similar....).
Perhaps he refers to the 2 PKs in England-Camerun..... and perhaps he forget that we did not win that WC! :tongue:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
i dont think its a conspiracy theory
i think its just poor refs.
The ture explaination of the poor performance of refs., is a very bad habit of FIFA. Ever since 1970, they like to imposed new rules (eg. red and yellow cards, banning trackle from behind, 3pts for a win etc.) or new interpretations of rules (eg. offside or clamp down on driving etc.) right before the beginning of World Cup. As a result, the refs., the players and the coaches are all not get used to them, thus a chain of bad calls.

IMHO the new polices should have at least started on the 1st Jan. of every World Cup year. So that everybody know that how far is too far.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Conspiravy paranoia!

in 1934 in when the world cup was held in Italy, the Belgian referee let the Italians "rough up" the Spanish goalkeeper in the Quarter final so much so he was unable to play in the replay held the following day.(Spain 1, Italy 1) In the replay the Swiss ref allowed the Italians to injure four Spanish players so much that they had to go off.(thre Swiss ref was later suspended)(Italy 1, Spain 0)
Italy's winner in the Semifinal was scored when the Polish goalie was lying injured on the ground! (Italy 1, POland 0)

Italy fielded four Argentinian players who had PLAYED for Argentiana in the 1930 competition (Argentina where runners up in 1930)

I would take Italian complaints more seriously if they di't have this kind of History.

Basically home teams always get home advantage and do well.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Blatter dismisses South Korea conspiracy claims

LONDON (Reuters) -

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has rubbished allegations of a conspiracy involving South Korea after a number of controversial refereeing decisions helped the co-hosts reach the World Cup semi-finals.

"Any allegations of a conspiracy in favour of Korea Republic are dismissed in their entirety," Blatter said in a statement.

Criticism of the refereeing at the World Cup has gathered pace after Spain's quarter-final defeat to South Korea last week. Some press reports and fans have made unsubstantiated allegations that certain games may have been fixed.

Spain lost on penalties after having two goals disallowed, one of them an extra-time 'golden goal'.

Italy were also victims of poor refereeing when they were defeated by South Korea in the previous round. Italy had a goal disallowed for offside and playmaker Francesco Totti was controversially sent off before they lost 2-1 in extra time.

FIFA admitted that major refereeing errors have taken place and Blatter told a meeting of the World Cup referees committee to appoint the best officials for this week's semi-finals rather than select them on a regional basis.

As a result, all six officials come from Europe, with Urs Meier of Switzerland taking charge of Germany's clash with South Korea on Tuesday, while Denmark's Kim Milton Nielsen will referee Brazil's semi-final with Turkey.

Italy's Pierluigi Collina, widely regarded as the best referee in the world, is favourite to run the World Cup final on Sunday.

:mute:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts