Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
congratulations guys, the u.s did the unthinkable. You guys did what u needed to do to win the game, while we played like ****. In all honesty as u can see in my profile i am american, but i did not think or want you guys to win today. As upset as i am right now, theres is a little bout of happiness in me because maybe now with this win maybe hopefully soccer will get bigger here, i am in shcok and awe, but if i wanted to lose to any team, it will be my homeland team the United Stats

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
p.s people call our portugal team the golden generation, well i think this is the beggining of the U.S golden generation.

Believe this the U.S is for real

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Thanks Ogolo! At least you were partly rooting for the U.S.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks OGOLO for the kind comments and grace in the face of a tough loss.

As to you Couto, I am sure you are right. The US is likely to eventually go down. There will only be one standing at the end. Why I remember in '94 we went down in our first game after we emerged from our group. . . 0-1 to eventual Champion Brazil! we gave them all they wanted and they had to resort to dirty play to guarantee even that win. (Smashed Ramos' face and broke his check bone.)

This was a sweet win, guys!

Oldplayer

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Yes congratulations to the USA by beating my team.
You guys beat my team without your two most valuable players Reyna and Clint Mathis. Our national team Portugal will bounce back!!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont be so optimistic oldplayer, the way the u.s played today they could beat anybody. This group is gonna go down to the wire

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I too want to congratulate you guys in winning today's game....you guys held on in the end...good for you guys...as i've always said....you guys may not be the most talented team out there but you guys sure have heart...and that my friends is what my Portugal lacked today....HEART...

Good luck the rest of the way...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts