Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well done juve on winning ur scudetto. how do you think you will do in europe next season?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulation guys! i know this is going to happed Cuper always do like this in the last game, (in Argentina, in spain and now in italia).
Congratulation

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the big turning point was inter losing at home to atalanta...its a shame cuper always ends as runner up...cant help feeling sorry for him.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
One Man Gang.... having seen your comments elsewhere, I know what this is about.

But we're CAMPIONI D'ITALIA so I don't really care :tongue: .

With a fe creative purchases aln less injuries I suspect Juve can mount a strong European campaing next season. Every team always needs a little luck in Europe to succeed, and while we had it in the qualifying stages in Lippi's first stint (qualifying for the knockout stages in the last minutes on more than one occasion), we haven't had it this year. Leverkusen is in the final and we clobbered them 4-0, so it's not the ability that's missing. We just didin't take our chances, and didn't perform like we needed to to succeed.

Just for you to remember...on playing attacking, defensive football.

Real Madrid has scored 69 goals in 36 games, Juve has scored 64 in 34, so your team scores 0.03 goals more pr. match.

Valencia on the other hand doesn't score anywhere near the amount of goals Real and Juve does, they lost to Inter who eventually came third in Italy, but they will take the title in Spain ahead of your team. Why ?
Because their defence is excellent, almost as good as Juve's on a game to game basis (27 goals conceeded in 36 against Juve's 23 in 34).

So- you're solely making your judgement on the European results... fine.. do continue and stay on a high until Serie A strikes back. Historically- different leagues has good spells at different times, and it would be strange if this wasn't such a temporary thing.

Ciao.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
You're right. Cuper is a great coach, it's very unfortunate for him he always ends up as runner-up. Very sad....

But, I am sure one day he can win big competition, I am really sure about that. He has a stunning record as coach and always revive some 'underdog' clubs into great power, he is world-class quality.

Anyway, congratulations to Juventus FC !! :)

You guys really deserved to win this season...

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fair enough...u have proven ur point well glen unlike some of the other ignoramuses on this forum. but real madrid cf havent exactly had their best season, they havent really played like a team, if you compare their team's performances now to before there is a difference, madrid's survival in spain this season has only been because of their solid home record...away from home we have been absolutely pathetic.

i guess u are right on saying juventus had bad luck...they were put into the group of death where almost any team would need luck to go through. it will be interesting to see how they will do next season. lippi has the experience of coaching in europe and has made a solid team in italy...any thoughts about which new players he will bring into the squad this summer? doni is one, any others?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Congratulation Juventus fans :), excepts those bashers like Beta, Marel and Juventino.:mad: these bashers are really annoying little dumb-asses. Beta even mocked us just earlier when we lost Lo Scudetto...**** you Beta!!!!:mad:
But otherwise Juve fans are just great guys...congrats again :)..you were better and we sucked today..worst game of a season...but that´s just football...next season is coming soon and before that we have to cheer Italia!

Ciao,
Tommi

·
Registered
46,765 Posts
In Italy we call those like you "LECCACULO" or "RUFFIANO", in Sweden I don't know.... in English "bootlicker".
However finally you admitted you were wrong and this is more than enough :D :D :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
Congrats

Congratulations, Juventus. Some people may say you don't deserve the Scudetto, but you can just show them the badge next season. You have it, you deserve it. Good job.

And you're welcome ;) .

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tonisamp...here in sweden people would refer to you as a 'retard' perhaps you could change ur name to that as well...suit you much better...:D

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
First: ToniSamp and OneManGang please argue somewhere else. Thankyou.

Second: Zhuge Liang, Kazema and Tritolo, thanks, you guys are true fans, especially to you Tritolo, I'm glad Juve won, but I'm sorry for you guys. We Juventino's know how you're feeling, believe me.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
congrats guys...today, the best team of the serie A won the scudetto...

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
juventus have had a very good season...better then real madrid cf domestically.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
next season...will it hold the same success?

and who do u expect will move to the stadio delle alpi this summer? i know mutu is one, any others?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
OneManGang said:
juventus have had a very good season...better then real madrid cf domestically.
It depends....
Of course you can say we've had a better season domestically, because we've won, and the stats with regards to points per game, goals per game and goals against per game are in our favor.

However- for big parts of the season we didn't look like a team capable of winning, and against the top teams we didn't do very well. As an example- against Inter, Roma and Lazio we took a combined 4 points from 6 games, and you can add the high profile Turin derbies to that list with 2 points for 2 games.

What made our season as opposed to Real was that we didn't screw up against the minor teams. Extracting the above 4 teams from the calculations- we have a 20-5-1 record, and a 56-12 goaltally. This is primarily because of a MEAN defence, and to come back to winning ways in Europe- we all know we have to improve our attacking/creative game, as our offence IS Del Piero/Nedved/Trezeguet, which is simply not deep enough, even if we should be able to count on Salas for next season.

Who we're gonna get in the Summer break is anyone's guess as we're talking Moggi here- which means that secrecy is the big key as opposed to Perez/Valdano who simply say who they wanna get to show power while improving their side.

On the attacking/creative side- names like Mutu and Doni has been mentioned the most, but much of our transfer campaign hings on what will happen with Thuram who wants to play centrally- something he won't do (in a 4 man defence) at Juve, whereas him as the right defender in a 3 man defence is still a good possibility. Another central questionmark is Davids who according to papers are as good as sold, whereas both Moggi, Bettega and Davids himself are adamant that the Pittbull isn't going anywhere (and I hope Moggi is actually speaking the truth here).

With Brighi and Baiocco coming in- I hope we will AT LEAST- get a strong creative midfielder (like Doni), get a replacement for Pessotto on the left flank, and a better cover striker than Amoruso.

But the silly season is underway.....

Ciao.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Congrats Juve!:)
I really mean it, you guys showed what it takes to win, to never give up, to still believe despite the odds and what the medias were saying. This is the aspect of Juve that I truly respect, their will to fight until the end and never be counted out, just like the Teutons of a few years ago.

I'm specially glad for Thuram, his first Scudo and for Trez, joining a certain Michel Platini in the last of the Juve Capocanioneri. Congrats!

CU Juve next year!

Glen, Moggi was "sexy" last night on la Domenica Sportiva..:tongue::howler::dielaugh: .I was also surprised and to some extent "moved" to see Bettega cry, right after the end of the game in the stadium...:eek:

You guys made my day yesterday and i almost want to "forgive" you for all the "other" stuffs...;):D:D:D:tongue:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts