Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years and years and years finally he's been called in National Team.
:proud:

(4 Jun 2000)

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Italy call delights De Sanctis Monday

Udinese ‘keeper :star:Morgan De Sanctis :star: admits he was shocked by the news of his first Azzurri call-up.

The former Pescara player has been included in the squad for Wednesday’s friendly against Russia following Ivan Pelizzoli’s recent difficulties at Roma.

"I couldn’t believe it when I was informed," he told Datasport. "I’m full of joy even if I will probably only realise what has happened when I meet with the rest of the squad on Monday."

De Sanctis has made some massive improvements over the last two years and many believed he would one day be given his chance by boss Marcello Lippi.

"This call arrives at the peak of my maturity," added the 28-year-old. "It’s taken some time to get here but I will realise a dream on Wednesday."

Lippi is looking for a reliable No 2, behind Juventus’ Gigi Buffon, after Francesco Toldo quit international football after Euro 2004.

Pelizzoli has been looked at in the past but the Giallorossi have recently dropped the youngster following a dip in form.

And now De Sanctis is looking to take advantage of the situation with the 2006 World Cup on the horizon.

"I will work as hard as possible to be part of the squad that goes to Germany," he concluded.

:heart:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Era Ora!This guy has been in stunning form for ages and suddenly got an overdue call up.Well done Morgan.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Arianna said:
"I will work as hard as possible to be part of the squad that goes to Germany," he concluded.
...and in germany 2006 will Buffon get injured and after Italy with Morgan in net will win this world cup, he will become italian hero :angel:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
There's a story in one of the Sunday papers here that Man Utd are lining up Morgan De Sanctis in the summer. The fee would be in the £6million region. It's probably BS ,but I thought you'd like to know;)

link here

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mart said:
There's a story in one of the Sunday papers here that Man Utd are lining up Morgan De Sanctis in the summer. The fee would be in the £6million region. It's probably BS ,but I thought you'd like to know;)
No i don't like to hear fake news of market. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts