Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iniesta that is. I think its worth making a point of prasing a player when he is in a good moment. I criticized him earlier in the year because i felt he played without 'balls'. Now on top of his great technique and vision he has added a strength and fighting spirit that elevates his game even more.

I read in elmundodeporte today and Bobby Charlton picked him out as the best player in the game yesterday. That's some good praise, and he fully deserves it. When he plays like this, it is easier to see why Barca was still positive after losing Cesc. Iniesta is just as solid, if only he could learn to score goals. But well done young man! keep up the good work. I think we all want to see Andres be a huge success in Barca and these last few games have been very big steps. :star:

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Iniesta really has taken a few steps up, in the recent weeks. A lot of people, were talking about him, not showing his real talent on the pitch, and rightfully so.
He has surprised me alot playing as pivote. I thought it was suicide playing him there, being not so physical an all. But suddenly i saw him steal balls and doing a lot of the dirty work. So a big up for Andres :thumbsup: :star: , keep improving!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
i've always had faith for Iniesta and i was really really dissapointed to see Motta who i actually think is not as great as many people think. but now im really happy for him because hes proved everyone what hes really made of. Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
An-drés In-i-esta
Tjalalalalala!!
An-drés In-i-esta
Tjalalalalala!!!!
An-drés In-i-estaaaaa
Tjalalalaalalaaaaa!!!

:proud:

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Andres is starting to play like we've been expecting him to. Not too surprising as you can't just expect the kid to play really well all of sudden. Like I said before, I think he needed to get a good run of matches before he'd find his form.

Culéd said:
Who am I to speak against Sir Bobby? :)
He did just say Rooney is better than Ronaldinho.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
.BLAUGRANA. said:
He did just say Rooney is better than Ronaldinho.
Well he is a Manchester Utd. legend so that isn't very suprising.

·
Registered
449 Posts
What makes me happy, what makes me proud the most, is the consistent production of DM's in Barca. I think it is becoming a tradition to have a Catalan DM in Barca.
Guardiola, Xavi, and now Iniesta.
They are getting shorter, but hey, the shorter, the better :D lol

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
That's what you call a versatile player. It's amazing, Iniesta gave us the balance the last few games. Who could have guessed. I hope he can find his place there. I'm very proud of him. What a talent. He's got the confidence that he needed and now he can only inprove.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Actually, Bobby Charlton is RIGHT, because I voted for Iniesta last night on UEFA.COM as Man of the Match... so Charlton must be right, because I always am. ;)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Mrfi said:
What makes me happy, what makes me proud the most, is the consistent production of DM's in Barca. I think it is becoming a tradition to have a Catalan DM in Barca.
Guardiola, Xavi, and now Iniesta.
They are getting shorter, but hey, the shorter, the better :D lol
Actually, Iniesta is from Albacete, but I get your point. They all came from La Masia after all. I'd add Cesc to that and Arteta (where is he, btw?)

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Voyteck said:
Actually, Iniesta is from Albacete, but I get your point. They all came from La Masia after all. I'd add Cesc to that and Arteta (where is he, btw?)
He played for Rangers, then went to Everton. Where he´s one of the best players.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
iniesta is from albaceteeeeeeeeee not catalan !!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Andres :proud: you're midfielder Messi;) :proud:

I hope you will play in Barca all the time!

And hope that he will score one goal in CL Final this year :proud: :D

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I remember that I just wanted Rijkaard to give 5 games in a row to Iniesta. Whenever he did (forced by the circumstances), Iniesta has been the best on the field without any doubt. Besides, Iniesta has had to adapt his game to the needs of the team. Normally, he wasn't the DM and I'm very surprised with his defensive compromise. It's something that I didn't expect. He's even more agressive than Xavi. And of course, he always had a special talent to play football, since he was a kid.

I'm really happy with and for Iniesta. I'd really put a huge pic of him in La Masia, for all these kids that join Barça and I'd tell them "do you see this guy? This is the example that you have to follow".

Big Iniesta!! :star:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
This is the big moment, what happens when Edmilson and Xavi are back?

Poor guy he´s really showing he has what it takes to be a starter.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts