Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations to Spain for reaching the 2nd round. You guys should go farther in this WC ;)

Viva Espana! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA ESPAÑA
:D :D :D

·
Registered
25,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Felicidades! (this time I got it right! :D )

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Well done to Spain; I must admit my heart was with Ireland (quite a few Irish mates) and the fact that they play with such spirit. But I can't take away the fact that Spain did well after Raul & Morientes had been taken off. Plus maybe a little justice for the poor first penalty decision (definately no penalty IMO).

Is this Spain's year?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yeeeeeeeeeeeees, it is! :happy:

I luv ya guys, you were great!!!!!! :heart:
Why doesn't Fifa send home all of the referees like that Swedish stinker??? He doesn't have the slightest idea what "sportsmanship" means... The 40% of the offsides were absolutely on. If I could kick his solarium-ass off! :fero:

·
Registered
966 Posts
This is probably off topic, but am I the only one who thinks referees are being horrible in the WC? I mean, there are lots of them from Asia or Africa that haven't many experience. Why not take more Europeans?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I think you are all wrong who complain at the referee. Now we´re acting really spanish. The ref from yesterdays match was really good. The offside desiciouns could be questioned, but it´s lines-men you should blame insted. Both of the penaltys were absolutly correct. Hierro always gets away with those things in La Liga but thats because our referees are a dissgrace and shamefull. They always get sent home as the first ones. We wasn´t good yesterday and I think we should stick to the subject and regard after their dissplay and not treat them as any heroes like the spanish press does. The ref was fair, but I guess it most feel the opposit for the Real Madrid ones in the squad since they never gets these calls against them. Only jokeing!;)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
congratulations to my spanish friends....it's comforting to know that there will still be a team who can play attractive futebol...good for you guys....it doesn't hurt that you're our neighbour who we portuguese respect...

good luck the rest of the way...

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
phew!

wow was that nervewrecking! Though Moro's early goal I had the feeling we were not saved with that. And my feeling was right! After that the Irish came up attacking early and defending excellently! They cooked us softly with their offside-tactics (13 times!) unless I think 2 of them were terribly wrong, but that was a result of the huge effort by the Irish.

Spanish tactics failed when Moro (he won 83% of his duells!) came off for Albelda. Crappy move...hell! Has Camacho not watched the IRL-GER match? What was he thinking? Not that Spain had many chances after Moro and Raul came off, but youve seen that a striker in the center was sorely missed! -if he needs to take out Moro- a move Joaquin for LE would have made much more sense. Raul was injured, and we have to pray that he's fit for the Italy/South Korea game. It will be close!

I should leave a congrats to Ireland here on a fabulous effort for never giving up! All in all a fair game. But I was furious in two scenes, the first PK-call, was a dive. Not even that, Duff endangered Juanfran's health with trying to hook in. The other scene was the one with Kilbane pushing Puyol towards Casillas for letting the ball off, and give Ireland the chance to score. Anyway its history. The second call was right, though it happens all the time, it was much too obvious and Frisk had no choice but to call the PK. Silly, SILLY mistake by Hierro our most experienced player. Not only on the PK, also on the yellow card...very superfuously!

I dont like PK-shootouts either, but anyhow the game HAS to end. Its a bitter flavour for any who goes out on PKs. But there have been so many chances before to end that game much earlier, all wasted. PKs have never a deserved winner, only a lucky one! And this time luck was -unusually- on our side. Anyhow, I have to praise Casillas at this place. Of couse the PKs werent shot too good, but when the goalie goes to another side, the marksman did everything right. All my credit and respect goes to Casillas who had by far the strongest nerves yesterday. Remember hes just 21! And: he's discovering new -unknown- qualities. He was saving some Pks before, yes; but he has never been a PK-killer and maybe he isnt yet, but saving 3 Pks in one game is simply awesome! Gracias Iker!

Anyway thanks to Ireland for a big fight! And thanks and congrats to MY Spain for making the quarters! Lets hope, well have Raul back then!

Saludos, LaRoja

¡Viva España!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts