Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With his two goals today he moved into the top ten goalscorers in Serie A. Here's to hoping he hits 200 and more. Regardless of team affiliations I have always been a big Totti fan.

A sidenote: Roberto Baggio is in the top five despite injuries and often being benched in favor of more industrial players. He May be number one if not for playing for stubborn coaches and being hurt

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Amazing achievement, especially considering he has not played as a striker for most of his career and he's still only 32.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very much like Baggio who often played behind the forwards as well.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, I started the damn thread! :tongue:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congratulations Francesco Totti!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes indeed, congratulations on 175 with more to follow!

I thought I'd post the list of Serie A goals top scorers just for posterity:

1. Silvio Piola (274)
2. Gunnar Nordahl (225)
3. Jose Altafani (216)
4. Giuseppe Meazza (216)
5. Roberto Baggio (205)
6. Kurt Hamrin (190)
7. Giuseppe Signori (188)
8. Gabriele Batistuta (184)
9. Giampiero Boniperti (178)
10. Francesco Totti (175)

I don't imagine our Capitan' will ever beat his own personal best of season 06-07 but I can certainly imagine he will want at very least to outdo Batistuta's total of 184 amongst others.

I must confess I didn't realise Beppe Signori, another player I admired from years ago, had done as well as 188 but it's worth remembering a fair number of his strikes were dead ball situations just as with Totti, unlike Bati who scored most of his from open play.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Totti can surely reach the top 5 by the end of his career which would be a terrific achievement. 30 more goals for that and with 3 or 4 more season remaining (obviously playing less as time goes on), he can surely do that.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
No One can deny that Francesco Totti has been one of the greatest players of the last 10 years and one of the best playmakers in history.

I would like to see Totti's stats for assisting as that has what makes him so great. He has quite unbeliavable vision, technically awesome and has a wonderful shot with both feet.

He has kept Roma as a top side for years and their decline since nhe has started suffering from injuries, show this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts