Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations Guys,

Today marks the anniversary of our last home loss in La Liga which was against Real Madrid on Dec. 6th 2003 (in all competetions not counting the loss we suffered against Zaragoza in the Copa Del Rey after an injust penalty).

I just wanted to point that out, and hope that our run continues...
 

·
Defunk'ed
Joined
·
7,869 Posts
Still remember how disappointed I was that day. Cant believe its been a year.

And Falastini we didnt exactly lose that match, we drew 1-1 at the Nou Camp but went out on aggregate scores of 1-2 wasnt it ? Correct me if im wrong.

May this run continue for a coupla more seasons...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,880 Posts
Yeah we lost, 2-0 down and Kluivert scored in the final moments to make it 2-1. La liga game, you might be thinking of the C.L with Rexach where we lost 2-0 at home and drew 1-1 at Bernabeu.
 

·
Defunk'ed
Joined
·
7,869 Posts
Maz said:
Yeah we lost, 2-0 down and Kluivert scored in the final moments to make it 2-1. La liga game, you might be thinking of the C.L with Rexach where we lost 2-0 at home and drew 1-1 at Bernabeu.
I was referring to Falastini's flashback about the Zaragoza Kings Cup match that he posted about in the second part of my post :).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,880 Posts
husain_14 said:
I was referring to Falastini's flashback about the Zaragoza Kings Cup match that he posted about in the second part of my post :).
Well that solves that issue then doesnt it :shades:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
husain_14 said:
I was referring to Falastini's flashback about the Zaragoza Kings Cup match that he posted about in the second part of my post :).
Against Zaragoza we lost the first match one zero, David Villa scored a penalty, after Gerard fouled him. We tied the second leg 1-1, thus losing on aggregate to Zaragoza.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,445 Posts
Falastini said:
Against Zaragoza we lost the first match one zero, David Villa scored a penalty, after Gerard fouled him. We tied the second leg 1-1, thus losing on aggregate to Zaragoza.
You are correct. Luis Garcia scored a screamer in Zaragoza, but they managed to tie it up in the 86th minute.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Falastini said:
Congratulations Guys,

Today marks the anniversary of our last home loss in La Liga which was against Real Madrid on Dec. 6th 2003 (in all competetions not counting the loss we suffered against Zaragoza in the Copa Del Rey after an injust penalty).

I just wanted to point that out, and hope that our run continues...
and we took us our revenge rm 1-barça 2 kluivert and xavi
 

·
Defunk'ed
Joined
·
7,869 Posts
Can anyone get a possible estimation of how many points weve actually lost on home turf since that loss against RM last year ? Cant be more than 6 ie 3 draws.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
Exactly. In La Liga, we've only lost 6 points at Camp Nou since that game vs. Madrid. And all those games were in 2003/04 season, as we haven't lost a single point at home this season. The tied games were:

2003-12-21 FC Barcelona - Celta Vigo 1:1
2004-01-18 FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 1:1
2004-04-04 FC Barcelona - Villareal 0:0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
Since we're in such a Barça-praising mood I just realized another interesting stat concerning this season.

Villa (Zaragoza) and Fran (Deportivo) were the only ones to score against Barça at Camp Nou so far this season. I guess we finally made Camp Nou a fortress.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69,978 Posts
Champions of 2004

38 League games were played in this year 2004 (home+away), Barça got 86 points (almost 80% of the total, the second is Valencia with 62.9%), we have the biggest number of victories: 27, the lower number of defeats: 4, the biggest number of goals: 72, the lower number of goals against: 26(the same as Valencia)

Barça got 28 points more than R.Madrid (they are behind Valencia, Deportivo, Espanyol, Sevilla and with the same points as Betis). Barça gets an average of 2,38 points per game while R.Madrid gets 1,6.

2004 has been our year and it´s not finished yet, I hope 2005 will be even better :)

Source: http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=33&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=171461&idseccio_PK=614&h=
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top