Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Very honorable of you!

The match against England will be tough. But I hate their guts more than anyone, so I'll wish you the best of luck in your task.

·
Registered
429 Posts
It was a great battle on the field today. i'm glad for argentina's victory, but hopefully england - sweden finishes as a draw and nigeria have the chance to gain the second place in the group.

Vamos Argentina!!! great start!

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Nigeria will finish 4th. Nothing personal, but England and Sweden are definitely stronger.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Oh, I forgot......

BATI!!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Nigeria did not look very sharp for some parts of the match. Towards the end, they got pretty close on a few shots, but they didn't really have a dominating player for stretches of the game.

But they are so young, the average is 23.4 years old:eek:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congratulations Argentina

I offer my total congratulation to Argentina.

So far, you are the best team I have seen in the tournament. I will come back to this debate after having watched Brazil and Italy but so far, I think Argentina is in the driving seat to lift the trophy. You really stopped us getting the ball in midfield. That has never happened to Nigerian team, before. You were very good.

I have watched the Sweden/England game and believe that if Nigeria cannot beat the two of them easily, she has no business in the World Cup. They are both second rate teams in my opinion. I just hope you beat them heavily by about four goals each and do not relax for the Sweden game.

Viola, I will be back to have this debate with you after the end of the second round. If Nigeria finishes behind the Sweden and England I saw today, football might as well be banned in the country.

No matter how hard any other animal tries, it can never soar to the heights of the eagle

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Batigooolllllll..

Nigerian friends, you are a tough team, let me tell you, your keeper is great, but you just can't keep on defending....

Anyway, tough match, didn't think ti wasd going to be like that, hopefully you'll beat England.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
i expected a much more offensive nigeria, and not almost the whole team defending, waiting us in your field.
argie superiority was obvius.
i told you, argie pressing is something very difficult to bare. guys like sorin, zanetti, simeone and kily never stop running.

i think that sorin will now be recognized as the great player he is. he will be among the ideal 11 of this WC.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yeah good luck to Nigeria, i'm shure England and Sweden will have a tough time beating them, they are a good team, but they need to attack m ore, it was frustratuin seeing them defending like Italy. All teams will play defensive style football to us.

Anyway England is coming up next, we need to prepare for it.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Congrats To u all. :) A deserved win. Like ur way of playing.
was theilled to see bati score a goal. though I am not a fan of argentina, but respect most of ur players.:)

One amusing episode for me: A few minutes before the goal, Bati had missed a similar chance for putting argentina in lead. But he headed the goal wide of the goal post, and was visibily upset with himself. At that time I was thinking, why is this guy angry with himself as it was quite a difficult angle to score and bati is not in the best of form in the last season.:confused: . But a few minutes later he scored from a similar position with a header. I understood at that time that he simpliy is a Legend, a goal scoring machine. These ppl need just a fraction of a second to turn the course of the match, irrespective of their current form.

Good luck to him and Argentina. I think he is going to break the record of scoring the most number of goals in WC, soon.:cool:

P.S. - was dissapointed with Ortega. He holds the ball too much. He gives me the immpression that he wants to dribble out the opposition by himself. :lala: was much better in the last WC. On the other hand All others had a good match.

Bye

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kudos to Argentina for a deserved win..

Your team showed why they are one of the tournament favorites yesterday.

A solid performance by a very good team. All the best.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
milano77 said:
P.S. - was dissapointed with Ortega. He holds the ball too much. He gives me the immpression that he wants to dribble out the opposition by himself. Bye

that has long been a criticism of Ortega. He dribbles and dribbles and ends up in a corner with nowhere to go.

There have long been rumors that after one of the WC'98 matches, Bati and Ortega got in a physical altercation because Bati was so angry that Ortega was dribbling instead of passing the ball.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ortega is always gonna be like that - theres no changing him now.

Players surely know that if they pass to him they're probably not gonna get the ball back.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
leg100 said:
Ortega is always gonna be like that - theres no changing him now.

Players surely know that if they pass to him they're probably not gonna get the ball back.
Originally posted by milano77
P.S. - was dissapointed with Ortega. He holds the ball too much. He gives me the immpression that he wants to dribble out the opposition by himself. Bye
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:depress: :( :dazed: :mad:

Bah, buh, argggg, bull****.

Where the hell do you guys get your daily football!!!!!!
Cliché-times or Bull****-post?????????

Anyway if you have the chance of seing some WC-football then you'll have a chance of seing what kind of players Ortega is.

Actually it's a shame you didn't obviously didn't see it, but Argentina played their first match Sunday, there you had the chance of seing Ortega in action.

Well don't give up, you'll still have 6 more chances to see him in action doing this WC.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Rimmer, I think you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. Ortega should remain in the first team because his playing style is appreciated by the rest of the team and they know how to play around him.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I just hope he's learned to control his temper.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts