Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Your well wishes and congratulatory sentiment were well received, noted and most of all - appreciated! Obrigado, amigao!:proud:

As a token of appreciation, I leave you with one of the highest Tuga-Brazuca gems to have ever welded our two nations together in the history of bad pimba music-

Enjoy.
[tub]MXroHrjdJ2w[/tub]

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's one to thank you for Pepe and Liedson (Deco, not as much)-

[tub]LgvO72EuDVQ[/tub]

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
say no to playback! quem sabe faz ao vivo

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Long before Roberto Leal danced his way into the world, this talented little lady came from Portugal to sing Brasil's beauty:

[tub]5DBA5tnAJDk[/tub]

:smileani:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic. Is/was she really Portuguese?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Fantastic. Is/was she really Portuguese?
Yup.

Carmen Miranda recebeu o nome de Maria do Carmo Miranda da Cunha quando foi batizada no local onde nasceu, a freguesia de Várzea da Ovelha e Aliviada, conselho de Marco de Canaveses, em Portugal. :star:

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Let me put this video here, lol:

Rap Lusitano Pesadão by MC Cabral feat Biro "trancinha de pano".

[tub]O8kVKdLRJ2c[/tub]

these comedians do a music parody at the end of every episode of their show, often criticizing our 'popular' music/rhythms.

In this video they decide to make fun of the rappers stereotype using a luso character (Cabral) and a historic event. I hope you guys don't mind.

I also like portuguese pop music but I wont dare to post it here when people are posting videos of roberto leal, carmem miranda, etc. hehe.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bwahahahahahahah!

That's f*cking hilarious! Holy shit!:D The Portuguese accent is even half decent!

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
This here's a masterpiece... Chico Buarque's Fado Tropical. It was created for the play "Calabar, o Elogio da Traição", written by Chico Buarque and Ruy Guerra. This song is about the profound relationship between Brasil and Portugal since colonial times, the terrible dictatorships that plagued both our nations, and our struggles to grow beyond that blood-soaked soil. It's just beautiful.

[tub]VHQFmBrjLCM[/tub]

(and for the poor lost souls out there who don't speak portuguese, here's a version with subtitles in spanish). ;)

[tub]8-XlSaxYC9k[/tub]

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
This here's a masterpiece... Chico Buarque's Fado Tropical. It was created for the play "Calabar, o Elogio da Traição", written by Chico Buarque and Ruy Guerra. This song is about the profound relationship between Brasil and Portugal since colonial times, the terrible dictatorships that plagued both our nations, and our struggles to grow beyond that blood-soaked soil. It's just beautiful.

[tub]VHQFmBrjLCM[/tub]

(and for the poor lost souls out there who don't speak portuguese, here's a version with subtitles in spanish). ;)

[tub]8-XlSaxYC9k[/tub]

/thread right there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts